Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Chatty

A brand new Bitconnect that won't end up as a scam

An awesome person known as Richard Heart (someone I have followed for years) has created something called https://bitcoinhe*****m/
    and basically works like bitconnect. You lock up your coins for a period of time and you receive extra coins at after you've served your time.

HOWEVER, the great thing is, you don't even need to invest any money in this because its a fork of bitcoin. Meaning whatever amount of bitcoin you have ~4 weeks from now, is how much BitcoinHex you will be getting (multiplied by 10,000 because 1 BTC = 10,000 BHX).

The next great thing is, BitcoinHex can't run away with your money, because you don't lock up your coins on a website, like you did in Bitconnect. You lock it on the blockchain itself. At least this is my understanding on it.

On top of this, when a fork happens, you usually need to make a new bitcoin wallet before claiming the coins and then send all your coins to a new wallet which is a pain. In this case,you don't even need to do that. I am definitely going to participate in this fork and I believe everyone else should too. Its free money, not a dumb bitcoin fork and done by someone who isn't a retard.

The only risk you may face is if Bitcoin Hex drops in price (but that risk is for any coin and the point of this coin, is that it's made in a way so people decide to hold, rather than dump it). Also, you have little to no risk if you don't buy Bitcoin Hex coins (because it is a fork).
    I barely use MPGH IM, Send me a private message to reach me faster!
    Also I currently don't sell anything!

DD/MM/YYYY
    Joined MPGH: 07/02/2017
    Premium: 08/02/2017 - ∞
    Newsforce (HOTW): 07/06/2017 - ∞
    Publicist: 06/11/2017 - 12/04/2018
    Minion (Minecraft): 23/12/2017 - ∞
    Minion (Cryptocurrency Talks): 01/05/2018 - ∞

I am gender non binary homogay transcopter
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by Allura View Post
    Its free money, not a dumb bitcoin fork and done by someone who isn't a retard.
    So it's basically just like any of the hundreds of forks that came before it, and will become irrelevant rather quickly.
    Also the Bitconnect part of it will just be Proof of Stake, right? So its pretty much just POS Bitcoin clone number 817.

Threadstarter
    Cryptocurrency
    and
    Minecraft
    Staff

Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Chatty
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueFin33 View Post
    So it's basically just like any of the hundreds of forks that came before it, and will become irrelevant rather quickly.
    Also the Bitconnect part of it will just be Proof of Stake, right? So its pretty much just POS Bitcoin clone number 817.
    There is no bitcoin fork with this particular system of locking up coins. I tweeted him to find out what will make this coin become popular. Not gonna lie, his answer was pretty weak. Though I hope it does well.

DD/MM/YYYY

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

Exclamation

There is no bitcoin fork with this particular system of locking up coins. I tweeted him to find out what will make this coin become popular. Not gonna lie, his answer was pretty weak. Though I hope it does well.
    Totally agree. I've followed him for a very long time, and his motivations and opinions changed over time, making me ignore most of what he says nowadays. He explicitly says this project is to make money and the people who will buy this coin, will be the same ones that bought the other top coins. Well I don't know to what extension this project will be sucessful with this type of poor marketing.
    Even his background is not confirmed. He used to say he was a billionaire and even went to talks where people advertised him as one. Later he said he could be a billionaire in lots of currencies, basicly admiting he was not and was just trolling.
    He has a shady past and he tells lots of stories of how he got rich and what not that don't have anything online to confirm their veracity.
    You basically only find his real name attached to spamming and crime accusations.

tl;dr: I would say be careful with this man, and yes, participate in the fork but I don't recommend investing anything in it.

Thanks
    BITCONNNNNEEEECCCCCTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Thanks
    lol no boss, if something is too good to be true AVOID IT.

watch this:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by lickhitter69 View Post

watch this:
    Great video.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Asleep
    what did they mean about "take your free btc" ?

Threadstarter
    Cryptocurrency
    and
    Minecraft
    Staff

Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Chatty
    Quote Originally Posted by MrWick View Post
    Totally agree. I've followed him for a very long time, and his motivations and opinions changed over time, making me ignore most of what he says nowadays. He explicitly says this project is to make money and the people who will buy this coin, will be the same ones that bought the other top coins. Well I don't know to what extension this project will be sucessful with this type of poor marketing.
    Even his background is not confirmed. He used to say he was a billionaire and even went to talks where people advertised him as one. Later he said he could be a billionaire in lots of currencies, basicly admiting he was not and was just trolling.
    He has a shady past and he tells lots of stories of how he got rich and what not that don't have anything online to confirm their veracity.
    You basically only find his real name attached to spamming and crime accusations.

tl;dr: I would say be careful with this man, and yes, participate in the fork but I don't recommend investing anything in it.
    Haha, I even challenged him on that background in this tweet “session” too. I called him out on his “multi-million” dollar marketing company. I asked him for the name of the company and he replied with something like “Bernie madoff had a giant company, not great evidence” (because I just asked for the name, so if he told me, it would not be good evidence?

I totally agree that he changed his opinions (but I do too, so does everyone else, I wouldn’t say this is bad). I would say his motivations changed. He was a huge hater of altcoins, but when he made this coin, he loves them now.

Definitely not investing, but could be a nice new bitconnect (I want to participate in this bitconnect).

I think this is what really happened. His aim was to do an ICO for his science coin or whatever. He hired everyone to do it, but his idea didn’t work logically. He planned to make millions off the ICO and spend a couple thousand on development. So he had these developers paid for already in advanced. Instead of letting these developers take his money, he gave them this project. Though I still fail to see how this is benefiting him. He paid real money to these developers, but he gets nothing? I bet there is some code somewhere which says 10% goes to him or some shit like that. No one is a saint (especially not in the financial world)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lickhitter69 View Post

watch this:
    There is no risk if you just participate in the fork (no investment)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by elental View Post
    what did they mean about "take your free btc" ?
    Because it is a fork, and not an ICO, you don't have to invest anything.
    In an ICO you give the company x amount of dollars and you get x amount of coins. In a fork (in this case a fork of bitcoin), it means, we will copy everyone's bitcoin wallets at a specific block (or at a specific time in laymans terms) and transfer those balances to the new network (in this case BitcoinHex).

So whatever bitcoin you had at that specific block, it gets transferred into BitcoinHex and it converts your Bitcoin to BitcoinHex. Hence "free bitcoin" (if you sell your BitcoinHex for bitcoin) or hence, "free bitcoinHex".

DD/MM/YYYY

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Haha, I even challenged him on that background in this tweet “session” too. I called him out on his “multi-million” dollar marketing company. I asked him for the name of the company and he replied with something like “Bernie madoff had a giant company, not great evidence” (because I just asked for the name, so if he told me, it would not be good evidence?

I totally agree that he changed his opinions (but I do too, so does everyone else, I wouldn’t say this is bad). I would say his motivations changed. He was a huge hater of altcoins, but when he made this coin, he loves them now.

Definitely not investing, but could be a nice new bitconnect (I want to participate in this bitconnect).

I think this is what really happened. His aim was to do an ICO for his science coin or whatever. He hired everyone to do it, but his idea didn’t work logically. He planned to make millions off the ICO and spend a couple thousand on development. So he had these developers paid for already in advanced. Instead of letting these developers take his money, he gave them this project. Though I still fail to see how this is benefiting him. He paid real money to these developers, but he gets nothing? I bet there is some code somewhere which says 10% goes to him or some shit like that. No one is a saint (especially not in the financial world)

- - - Updated - - -

There is no risk if you just participate in the fork (no investment)

- - - Updated - - -

Because it is a fork, and not an ICO, you don't have to invest anything.
    In an ICO you give the company x amount of dollars and you get x amount of coins. In a fork (in this case a fork of bitcoin), it means, we will copy everyone's bitcoin wallets at a specific block (or at a specific time in laymans terms) and transfer those balances to the new network (in this case BitcoinHex).

So whatever bitcoin you had at that specific block, it gets transferred into BitcoinHex and it converts your Bitcoin to BitcoinHex. Hence "free bitcoin" (if you sell your BitcoinHex for bitcoin) or hence, "free bitcoinHex".
    Yes, I also change opionion about certain subjects and so does everyone else. I would be a hypocrite if said I didn't. But as time passed he showed to be bitter about not making huge profits like others did on shitcoins. Now he is making his own "great" coin. Making this another reason I don't trust him a much as I would like.
    Nevertheless, I cannot deny the fact that he is very intelligent and he provides very good value about crypto and other subjects.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    WASU WASU WASU WAU WASSUUUUUUUPPPP BITCONNNNNEEEECCCCCTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    so basically another scam thas says they are different until they exit, sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooo fucking original

Threadstarter
    Cryptocurrency
    and
    Minecraft
    Staff

Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Chatty
    Quote Originally Posted by Badmankilla View Post
    so basically another scam thas says they are different until they exit, sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooo fucking original
    How can it be a scam when there is nothing centralised about it? Bitconnect (the website) was centralised, hence they could scam. All the other Ponzi scams had a centralised platform. How can you make decentralised staking a scam?

DD/MM/YYYY

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    If the selling point of a crypto is to "make you money" it's a scam.

We invest in the blockchain technology, not some random scheme that will make you money

Thanks
    A lot of crypto relies on the "Greater Fool Theory" to be honest, be ready to get out of this scam quick

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast