Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed

I'm very bored lately.

This is not because of MPGH, or anyone within this forum, but rather this has been a general feeling of mine as of late, and I do not know how to "Fix" it, playing video games doesn't give me this sense of fun, and take away the boredom, doing shitty/garbage YouTube videos makes me feel the same, boredom, and hence I have been less and less here, posting less because of me being bored over general shit. I do not know how to really solve it, there are games that I really enjoy, but, I am not great at them and being competitive person, I want to win, and when I lose I get angry, and quit playing the games, it has happened before with CS:GO, Battlefield, Call of Duty, Pubg, LoL, Dota 2, TF2 and now Fortnite (Yes I play that scummy game that is meant for children, not because its cartoony, but rather because I enjoy FPS games, or I did), now it feels like all falling apart.

TL;DR - I am fucking bored and I do not know what the fuck to do.
    Reputation power: 56
    If I helped you in any way or shape of form, it's always appreciated to thank or give a rep!

| [ Rules ] | [ Market Place ] | [ Scammers Grave ] | [ Report a scammer ] |

Achievements:
    News Force - 08-23-2018 - 10-02-2018
    Middleman - 05-09-20 - 19-12-2020
    Former Staff - 19-12-2020 - On-going

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    Welcome to depression

Go ahead take a sit, you are here for a lonnnngggg ride

Thanks
    I find that when I encounter that, doing something productive helps counter act that. I need to feel like I've done multiple things productive in a day whether it be cleaning, homework, etc. If I do that and then go back to "gaming" or a pleasure activity, I feel much better.

For me, I don't like feeling like I have to do something while doing a pleasure activity because it just makes the pleasure activities less pleasurable as your mind is subconsciously focused on shit you need to do.

Super User since 02.02.2020
    Global Moderator since 09.23.2017
    Moderator since 09.01.2016
    Minion+ since 07.22.2016

Marketplace Minion since 06.09.2016
    Trove Minion since 06.06.2016
    Middleman since 04.21.2016
    Social Engineering Minion since 02.03.2016
    News FO Freelancer From 11.08.2015 to 07.23.2016
    News FO Head Editor From 08.23.2015 to 11.08.2015
    News FO Head Editor From 07.19.2012 to 08.11.2014
    MPGH News and News FO Founder
    Programming Minion From Unknown to 04.23.2013
    Minecraft Minion From 09.19.2012 to 04.23.2013
    Member since 05.13.2012

Thanks
    Maybe this is the first sign of depression , i suggest start listening to music and invest in a good headphones. Helped me out alot mate

Thanks
    yup, early signs of depression. losing interest in everything that you used to enjoy. Take vitamins, exercise more, and watch comedy shows on netflix.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    in regards to games i know it sounds stupid but try and play a game you wouldn't normally look twice at, even a single player game with a story - just don't read reviews or watch videos of a game just pick it up and play and you might be surprised.

I to have had this feeling you are having and its not nice or easy around October last year, suddenly i found mpgh and it opened up a can of worms for me, I didnt want to just buy cheap stuff i wanted to learn how to acquire the cheap stuff, how to crack / hack / se / refund etc and it really helped me it was a challenge it was a new experiance for me and i was well out of comfort zone.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Evertonhero For This Useful Post:

Royce (02-10-2019)

Thanks
    fucking agree op

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by C3TNeD4ZMrWn6rNV View Post
    Welcome to depression

Go ahead take a sit, you are here for a lonnnngggg ride
    Yeah, I'm in a long battle of getting out of this feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    I find that when I encounter that, doing something productive helps counter act that. I need to feel like I've done multiple things productive in a day whether it be cleaning, homework, etc. If I do that and then go back to "gaming" or a pleasure activity, I feel much better.

For me, I don't like feeling like I have to do something while doing a pleasure activity because it just makes the pleasure activities less pleasurable as your mind is subconsciously focused on shit you need to do.
    I do enjoy making these videos where I use audio spectrum which reacts to some music (using mostly no copyrighted sound music) here is an example:

I do also gaming content on the very same channel, but recently (as I have anger issues), I've torn off mouse's right click button to the point where I can't do anything about it, so i'm in a desperate need for a new mouse, so I can play games properly, and my right click button essentially is micro-ed to a button on my keyboard to caps lock so i can do few tasks.

Quote Originally Posted by Member199 View Post
    Maybe this is the first sign of depression , i suggest start listening to music and invest in a good headphones. Helped me out alot mate
    Yeah, quite recently I se'd some with a help from a friend, so let's see if that's successful or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuba View Post
    yup, early signs of depression. losing interest in everything that you used to enjoy. Take vitamins, exercise more, and watch comedy shows on netflix.
    Thanks, though, I am already taking some anti-depressants, which seem to help, however, in a wrong manner.
    If I helped you in any way or shape of form, it's always appreciated to thank or give a rep!

Achievements:

Thanks
    I wouldn’t call it depression, you just need to change things up a bit, playing games all day isn’t going to be fun forever

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    You get bored when you find comfort in life. Delve in the uncomfortable, don't be afraid to look stupid. Most people miss out on many things because they are afraid they will look out of the ordinary or just pain stupid. Looking stupid is not the problem, the problem is conformatiy. I say this but I also do this; however, I am constantly trying to do things that I find plain uncomfortable and it has made life less boring.
    Previous Names

Zavior
    Xavier
    Eternity
    Azathoth
    Eternity (again)
    Add me on IM

Please press +Rep or Thanks if you find my work or found something I said helpful

"Endless Void."

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eternity For This Useful Post:

Hector (02-10-2019),InCognito (02-10-2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Insomnia View Post
    This is not because of MPGH, or anyone within this forum, but rather this has been a general feeling of mine as of late, and I do not know how to "Fix" it, playing video games doesn't give me this sense of fun, and take away the boredom, doing shitty/garbage YouTube videos makes me feel the same, boredom, and hence I have been less and less here, posting less because of me being bored over general shit. I do not know how to really solve it, there are games that I really enjoy, but, I am not great at them and being competitive person, I want to win, and when I lose I get angry, and quit playing the games, it has happened before with CS:GO, Battlefield, Call of Duty, Pubg, LoL, Dota 2, TF2 and now Fortnite (Yes I play that scummy game that is meant for children, not because its cartoony, but rather because I enjoy FPS games, or I did), now it feels like all falling apart.

I'm assuming you're anywhere from 18-22 years old. I'm going through something similar and I think you're just unhappy that you're being unproductive I guess? I can't force myself to sit in front of a computer and play a game for more than an hour without feeling depressed and like shit. I've been lifting 3-4 times a week for 4 months or so now and it seems to help. You should probably signup for some activities like mixed martial arts or boxing, if you don't work, go work some hard ass job like farming or back-breaking construction work. Set some small term and long term goals so you have something to work towards, what you're feeling is pretty normal for guys who are able to realize why they're so bored and depressed with their life.
    Last edited by Gaydow; 02-10-2019 at 03:08 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Gaydow For This Useful Post:

Charion (02-10-2019)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful

Hang out with friends. Drink wine with your pals or girl friends <3

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    [FONT="Arial"][COLOR="Black"]
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    I'm assuming you're anywhere from 18-22 years old. I'm going through something similar and I think you're just unhappy that you're being unproductive I guess? I can't force myself to sit in front of a computer and play a game for more than an hour without feeling depressed and like shit. I've been lifting 3-4 times a week for 4 months or so now and it seems to help. You should probably signup for some activities like mixed martial arts or boxing, if you don't work, go work some hard ass job like farming or back-breaking construction work. Set some small term and long term goals so you have something to work towards, what you're feeling is pretty normal for guys who are able to realize why they're so bored and depressed with their life.
    I just recently about 3 months ago (November) turned 25, and this is the first time where I actually feel like this, I do not know whatever or not this could be one of the side effects of the medication that I am taking for depression, and it has helped me, but it also has made me feel little worse every day, and I have taken this medication for whole month, about to go on a second month, getting more tomorrow (10th February), I wanted to go to Army when I turned 18, but I wasn't accepted due to physical strength and physically being sick since birth (as I have one of the birth defects like a syndrome - [ Klippel Feil Syndrome ] and some other things) as I kind of feel uncomfortable to talk about it, but I also think it is necessary to share why I am unable to go to the Army in Estonia (have Canadian flag in MPGH because I like how it looks) - and I also have some difficulty with learning new things -- I had a job when I was at the age of 22 to 23, quit it because I had panic attacks when I was home at the day of work, social anxiety is a big deal for me, while I agree with my dad, its probably all stuck in my head, but I'm continuously scared, as scared as I was when I was scared of spiders or heights (hope it makes sense)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Little Snow View Post

Don't have any friends outside of internet, as sad as it sounds.

Achievements:

Thanks
    Do something that you can be proud of spending your time on, the same thing happened to me where i felt like going on mpgh and playing gamestube was just wasting time, i bought instruments and i go to the gym every week now

just try to find a hobby and exrecise

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    Since you are using meds, I recommend that you talk to your doctor about that.

Because yes, boredom can be caused by depression.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast