Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Crappy

Could someone fix a poorly managed refund attempt with Vans Canada?

I placed an order with Vans Canada and received it a few days before I left Canada (spent there 4 months as an exchange student).

When I came home, I tried calling them for a refund, but it was not possible (not even with Sky-pe credit), as they don't allow calls from outside the country.

Seeing how I couldn't get it done myself, I spoke to a popular refunder, told him the entire story above, and they told me that he could get it done, and asked me to fill the Google Doc form. I did just that, and after a few days he messaged me back, saying that he also couldn't call (I assumed he was from the US/CA but apparently he's from Europe), and that if I wanted, he could do that via mail. I told him that I think a call would be better and more efficient, as it's been a few weeks and so a call would make the story a whole lot credible. He says okay, and we leave it at that.

To my surprise, a few days later I receive an email from Vans Customer Support:

Sorry for that, but from the looks of it, your parcel seems to have been delivered.

If not received, I will have to open up an investigation with Purolator as to inquire about what may have happened. This information is most likely to come from the driver, which is why it may take up to 5 business days for me to get back to you. In the meantime, I would also ask you to look around the surrounding of your house as to see if there might a package with your name on it.

I will have no choice than to make a decision once this ticket/investigation closes from their end.
    At this point I know it must have been the refunder, because he was literally the only person who I gave all the info to. However, what completely made me lose my mind is how I was able to see the original inquiry by "myself" (the refunder), and it reads:

I have ordered *here he lists the items* and were expecting the package on 1/2/2019, but I have not received them yet. I would like to know what's going on since the courier said they were delivered.
    I'm shocked at how incompetent and pathetic this attempt has been, and message the refunder, asking them how come they went through with it, and even if he did, how come that after 3 weeks "I" would calmly say that I haven't received the package yet... How it makes no sense.
    I explain how I knew I could have done a good job refunding it but seeing how I couldn't call, I turned to him, but since they couldn't call either, I was waiting to find out later if I can come up with someone from Canada/US to call on my behalf, before I resort to an email, and how I still expected way more than that from him. Some some more stuff I've said:

this is not how someone who didn't receive their package after 3+ weeks behaves.... i would have done a much better job and you didn't even ask me if i wanted you to proceed with it, and now it can get screwed >_>

now if I say something along the lines of how I apologize for the previous mail and how it was my sis who didn't provide all of the details and blalblalblabla (and how I've been trying to get a hold of them over the phone for the past couple of weeks but couldn't, and while I was away from home my sis told me she checked the site and I could contact them through there) and how I only now see what she's written because it was quoted in the mail, and how I meant her to explain that the package was delivered but not all items were included in it, and blabla

it will sound like I'm bullshitting because I know the driver will confirm delivery...
    so I don't even know if it's fixable now
    Here is the refunder's response:

Okay so I think I knew what happened

recently I got a guy to help me with some orders and on a sheet I had your order marked that you didn't need to pay. But then on my normal sheet where I have the order when I work on them I just had it as I couldn't call and help them and I guess this guy was going back and seeing if older orders needed work on and I guess he worked on it on the 24th

Look here is what id offer to do lets continue with the order and get it done ill help you with it from here on out for 100% free and then the next order you want to do with me ill give you a 2-3% discount to make up for this. Obviously now seeing what he wrote he is clueless and stupid so im forsure not going to be using him anymore

I would say don't worry the item was dropped off at the front door and you didn't sign for it. The carrier wont say 100% you got the package if they reach out to you or anything just say you didn't get the package and it should be an easy refund from here on out.

At this point I realize that the damage has been done and try to play along. Moving forward, I received the expected denial on Friday:

This is X from Customer Service (we chatted a couple days back in regards to your lost package)

Unfortunately, our shipping partners confirmed the reception of your package to the shipping address. For this same reason, we will not be able to do anything more regrettably.

We sincerely hope you understand our position on the matter at hand.
    I inform the refunder (last TUESDAY) of the outcome and ask him if he's on it. He takes his time and only answered today, saying:

Nah im not I took it off my form

either its a delayed email from the original time my guy spoke to vans

or idk

but ima give you a 2% discount on your next refund for what happened

so let me know if you wana use that
    ... Now clearly I realize this guy has completely lost it and has no clue what he's even talking about, completely forgetting everything he has said and promised thus far. I remind him of his own words and how he said that he would continue with the order and get it done, and then I proceed and tell him to forget about it, because [he] "clearly don't care or even know what I'm talking about so clearly you won't be able to fix your own screw up yourself :" and that I'll find someone from MPGH who could actually call them and get it fixed.

And that's it. Wanted to give you the whole picture first.

A ~450 CAD order, a single, unsigned package.

Was hoping a competent refunder from CA/US would be able to give them a call and get this over with, as it shouldn't be that complicated. Obviously I'll pay the usual fee and provide you with all the necessary info.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Amazowned; 02-11-2019 at 02:54 PM.

Thanks
    Who's the refunder, that's really incompetent and badly done, but that's like 75% of the US refunders who don't know better.
    You can still save it, just saying. But I just skimmed fast so I might have misreads something.
    Last edited by MoneySchemes; 02-11-2019 at 01:33 PM.

Thanks
    I'm not surprised that he gave your order to some random dumbass to do your order for probably 2% and then take the rest of the fee. A lot of these refunders don't care, they just want the most money in the least amount of time.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to InCognito For This Useful Post:

Throbanksy (02-11-2019)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    just give it to a reputalble refunder like @MakeProfit or @Wyo or @Lupin or @CloudUser, why do you bother giving your shit to people that outsource refunds and shit kid? why you put your order in danger kid? there are people that know how to do this shit like the ones I said above, check their threads, millions of vouches, instead you go to some of the tards with one fake vouch and shit

Thanks
    My Mood
    Crappy
    Quote Originally Posted by nomjas View Post
    Who's the refunder, that's really incompetent and badly done, but that's like 75% of the US refunders who don't know better.
    You can still save it, just saying. But I just skimmed fast so I might have misreads something.

Quote Originally Posted by InCognito View Post
    I'm not surprised that he gave your order to some random dumbass to do your order for probably 2% and then take the rest of the fee. A lot of these refunders don't care, they just want the most money in the least amount of time.
    check out this hilarious chat I just had with him...

after this conversation I might end up exposing his name and leave a feedback on his thread, because this attempt to save face is just pathetic (not to mention the threat before he realized I've made this thread without even mentioning him). that $45 credit offer is also hilarious, but whatever

https://i.imgur.com/BrsyUXk.png
    [EDIT: funny, thanks to this screenshot I now reazlize that I received the answer from Vans on Tuesday, but hit him up again on Friday seeing how he still hadn't answered (and only answered today)]

either way, I believe this refund is still salvageable, all is needed is a call to Vans Canada. I would have done it myself from the very beginning if I could, and this whole mess would have been prevented... I believe he's wrong for saying that there's nothing that can be done, as the only contact with Vans Canada thus far has been the stupid message his "associate" sent (which I've quoted in my OP). A reliable call to Vans Canada can solve it, imo. Like, explaining that it was a sister (an example) which contacted them through the site (on my behalf, left my mail), after I had explained how I did not receive all of the items in the order. Then, she told me that it has been taken care of, and then explain how she didn't get the point across that the package had been received but did not contain everything or whatever. like honestly, this sounds like one of the most basic refunds out there, despite the screw up. I just wish I could have phoned them myself...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Badmankilla View Post
    just give it to a reputalble refunder like @MakeProfit or @Wyo or @Lupin or @CloudUser, why do you bother giving your shit to people that outsource refunds and shit kid? why you put your order in danger kid? there are people that know how to do this shit like the ones I said above, check their threads, millions of vouches, instead you go to some of the tards with one fake vouch and shit
    First of all, please stop calling me "kid," in your condescending tone, buddy, as I'm sure I'm older than you |:

I did try to hit up CloudUser as he was also a customer of mine (used to provide HS packs before I flew to Canada and had no time), but couldn't reach him at the time. However, the guy who screwed up my order has over 1500 comments on his thread, so I thought he knew what the fuck he was doing... So yeah, it's not like I've taken my chances with a random guy as you assumed.

And AGAIN - I would have done it myself in ease, but I couldn't contact Vans through the phone...
    Last edited by Amazowned; 02-11-2019 at 03:12 PM.

I got ants in my butt, and I needs to strut.
    Premium Seller
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Trusted
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Call whoever delievered the package and open a new claim, wait 15 working days and see what happened. At this point 90% sure they are going to ask for a police report. You either do the police report or keep item/return it. Nothing much left to do. You could box them but since you're not in Canada anymore not worth it. Like I stated before open a claim with the carrier and wait, it won't help because they will say " it's delivered and we can't do anything about" but it's free so why not?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyo View Post
    Call whoever delievered the package and open a new claim, wait 15 working days and see what happened. At this point 90% sure they are going to ask for a police report. You either do the police report or keep item/return it. Nothing much left to do. You could box them but since you're not in Canada anymore not worth it. Like I stated before open a claim with the carrier and wait, it won't help because they will say " it's delivered and we can't do anything about" but it's free so why not?
    HERE IS THE OG, guy came from the skies like a hero!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    NA Refunding Service Starter Pack:

1. Only do US/CA (you can't do DNA every refund on EU, as you are a one-trick pony)
    2. Say you can do any site.
    3. ???????
    4. Profit.
    Last edited by MoneySchemes; 02-11-2019 at 03:05 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by nomjas View Post
    US Refunding Service Starter Kit:

1. Only do US (you can't do DNA every refund, as you are a one-trick pony)
    2. Say you can do any site.
    3. ???????
    4. Profit.
    and when things get rough say you are sick with ligma and oh guys just contact the bank , I have lots of vouches so idgaf if I fucked up your refund

Thanks
    My Mood
    Crappy
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyo View Post
    Thanks, but just to make sure we are on the same page - you realize that this is literally everything that has ever been said to Vans Canada, right?

I have ordered *here he lists the items* and were expecting the package on 1/2/2019, but I have not received them yet. I would like to know what's going on since the courier said they were delivered.
    Using the form on their site.

After a few days, a representative said:

Sorry for that, but from the looks of it, your parcel seems to have been delivered.

If not received, I will have to open up an investigation with Purolator as to inquire about what may have happened. This information is most likely to come from the driver, which is why it may take up to 5 business days for me to get back to you. In the meantime, I would also ask you to look around the surrounding of your house as to see if there might a package with your name on it.

I will have no choice than to make a decision once this ticket/investigation closes from their end.
    Then, last week on Tuesday, the same representative got back to me and said:

This is from Customer Service (we chatted a couple days back in regards to your lost package)

Unfortunately, our shipping partners confirmed the reception of your package to the shipping address. For this same reason, we will not be able to do anything more regrettably.

We sincerely hope you understand our position on the matter at hand.
    Just repeating the important bits in case it got lost in my detailed post.

Don't you think that a simple call to Vans would fix it? Explaining that seeing how I couldn't contact them through the phone, my sister, who browsed their site, noticed that it's possible to contact them through the site and filled it on my behalf. Then she informed me that she had taken care of it and it will be resolved shortly, but then I received the answer last week and to my surprised she failed to get the point across that the package had been received but it did not contain all of the items, etc.

Would this or something similar actually not work? I don't have to insist that the package wasn't received.

@Badmankilla, I was about to ask how did you end up figuring out the name of the refunder, but then I looked at the screenshot and realized I forgot to censored 2 quotes, so I edited it out now, lol.
    Last edited by Amazowned; 02-11-2019 at 03:13 PM.

Thanks
    People offering services are not only SEing the company, they are SEing you aswell

From the logs, these guys come up with more bullshit for their customers than for the companies

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Qasa View Post
    People offering services are not only SEing the company, they are SEing you aswell

From the logs, these guys come up with more bullshit for their customers than for the companies
    not all of them, I have worked with some guys here that are great, but some are fucking skids

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Amazowned View Post

A ~450 CAD order, a single, unsigned package.
    Honestly I think you should just be persistent about it. I'm not heavily experienced or anything but I know that if it's unsigned they can't really argue that much against you. They have no standing whatsoever for saying that it has been delivered. I would like to know if I'm wrong or not, but if you act upset then I don't see why they wouldn't believe you.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabut View Post
    Honestly I think you should just be persistent about it. I'm not heavily experienced or anything but I know that if it's unsigned they can't really argue that much against you. They have no standing whatsoever for saying that it has been delivered. I would like to know if I'm wrong or not, but if you act upset then I don't see why they wouldn't believe you.
    they may not believe him cause the retard that tried to do the order at first used a fucked up story or some shit or he called and sounded like 100% autism, who know, either way unsigned package failure= huge fuckup

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy
    This thread went from him wanting someone to help him fix the order to some serious sale bashing/ flame and rage real quick Sorry about messing up your order ill be sure to pay more attention next time ill learn from this mistake Ill even sweeten the deal happy to give @Badmankilla @Amazowned @throbanksy each a free refund if they want the value doesnt matter. Just cause they feel negatively towards me. HIT ME UP ON IM BY CLICKING THE GIF IN MY SIGNATURE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast