Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Sneaky

Question Is the Pixel 2 XL / HTC U12+ still worth it?

Hey there, I bought a refurbished HTC 10 from China almost 2 years ago and the home button became loose after about 2 months. Then the proximity sensor stopped working and I finally took it to a repair shop a couple of months later. THEN one row of the display didn't work and I had to get it replaced with a black one (I originally purchased a white phone). It seemed to work and everything, but the IceView case didn't and when I type fast it thinks I am using the swipe gesture on the keyboard. Long story short, I am fed up with this phone so much that I managed to crack the glass with my hand out of frustration.

I have no intention to get the screen replaced again as the whole service costs about 70% of the phone and have decided to save up for a new one. And so here lies the question : to get a 2yr old Pixel that will be supported for another year, give or take. OR the HTC U12+ that will also be supported for another year. Each phone has it's pros and cons : for example, the Pixel with its P-OLED display, which is prone to burn in (the galaxy s5 that my friend had for about 3 years had the keyboard layout burned in), but it gets all the updates and security patches first. And the HTC on the other hand, has an LCD screen which will last WAY longer and awesome speakers as well as audio output to earphones, but it doesn't have physical buttons and there were problems when it first launched. It seems to be sorted out with an update that was rolled out shortly after, but I have no idea how long the squeezing sensor lasts.

Have any of you had these phones before and would you or would you not recommend buying either of them? Rather yet, maybe even suggesting an alternative Android phone?

I would like to hear more and will be thankful for all the useful replies.

Cheers
    Last edited by Pagerbejs96; 03-04-2019 at 07:02 AM.

I'll live forever and ever with Lee Mijoo
    Thanks
    I still use google pixel 2 xl

It's still good

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sneaky

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Jacky View Post

It's still good
    How long have you had it for? Does the display show any signs of burn ins? And did you come across any problems with software/hardware?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pagerbejs96 View Post
    How long have you had it for? Does the display show any signs of burn ins? And did you come across any problems with software/hardware?
    So far i have no burn ins

Been a year now

No

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Is the Pixel 2 XL / HTC U12+ still worth it?
    highly depends on the price you are getting it for tbh

26.09.2012 Signed Up
    16.05.2017 Premium Member
    06.05.2018 - 07.08.2019 Publicist
    06.08.2018 - now Middleman
    17.12.2018 - now Marketplace Minion
    07.06.2019 - now Newsforce
    01.08.2019 - now Publicist
    15.08.2019 - now Fortnite Minion
    08.12.2019 - now GTA Marketplace Minion
    03.01.2020 - now Social Engineering Minion
    07.01.2020 - now Minion+
    10.01.2020 - now Cracking Minion
    07.02.2020 - now Head Publicist

Quote Originally Posted by Snake View Post
    you're the prime of the primes
    if shitposting was transformers you'd be optimus prime and eternity would be bumblebee
    Quote Originally Posted by Organized Chaos View Post
    acoustic retarded cum slut
    = niggo
    Quote Originally Posted by FlavderKrasse View Post
    iM SO FUCKN SAD I GO FOR SUCIDE
    Quote Originally Posted by Hectard View Post
    Am I a racist if i say Nico niggo neee
    Quote Originally Posted by Snolfy44 View Post
    help
    how works it??
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon770 View Post
    How to hack
    Quote Originally Posted by ImThrowingMyLifeAway View Post
    niggo ugly lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Dot View Post
    I cannot wait to see you replying with another stupid reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowie View Post
    Stop shitposting for god sakes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon View Post
    You're literally dumb.
    Quote Originally Posted by 71c View Post
    You're literally dumb.
    Quote Originally Posted by 71c View Post
    Stop shitposting for god sakes, You're literally dumb.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacky View Post

It's still good
    Does the price reduce?
    Anything can PM me. I'm from Malaysia.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    I got a pixel 2 xl and it's one of the most shittiest phones I've ever used. Apart from all of the features, specs and everything it has, including the great camera (which is useless for me since i dont use it anyway) it's been a like a year since I had it and its slowed down TREMENDOUSLY like using it on a day to day basis, unlocking it, opening up apps and shit its slow as fuck.

Thanks
    Why not get a pixel 3? Now google has like -200 discount on pixel 3 and 3xl. Thus you could just go for a refund for google store.

If you're looking for a budget phone I would suggest OnePlus tho. I bought Oneplus 5 long time ago and still using for like 2 years or something(not sure). Have not witness a single lag on this phone. Now there's Oneplus 6T and probably gonna release the 7th generation during May. Would highly recommend.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Asleep
    Could also consider oneplus as their phones have been pretty solid lately. Not as great of a camera as google's(who can compare to google's camera software though) but overall is a solid daily driver.

Thanks
    Hey there, I bought a refurbished HTC 10 from China almost 2 years ago and the home button became loose after about 2 months. Then the proximity sensor stopped working and I finally took it to a repair shop a couple of months later. THEN one row of the display didn't work and I had to get it replaced with a black one (I originally purchased a white phone). It seemed to work and everything, but the IceView case didn't and when I type fast it thinks I am using the swipe gesture on the keyboard. Long story short, I am fed up with this phone so much that I managed to crack the glass with my hand out of frustration.

I have no intention to get the screen replaced again as the whole service costs about 70% of the phone and have decided to save up for a new one. And so here lies the question : to get a 2yr old Pixel that will be supported for another year, give or take. OR the HTC U12+ that will also be supported for another year. Each phone has it's pros and cons : for example, the Pixel with its P-OLED display, which is prone to burn in (the galaxy s5 that my friend had for about 3 years had the keyboard layout burned in), but it gets all the updates and security patches first. And the HTC on the other hand, has an LCD screen which will last WAY longer and awesome speakers as well as audio output to earphones, but it doesn't have physical buttons and there were problems when it first launched. It seems to be sorted out with an update that was rolled out shortly after, but I have no idea how long the squeezing sensor lasts.

Have any of you had these phones before and would you or would you not recommend buying either of them? Rather yet, maybe even suggesting an alternative Android phone?

I would like to hear more and will be thankful for all the useful replies.

Cheers
    ew no, aindroid better!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuhrain View Post

Does the price reduce?
    i was lucky enough to get it for 50$ during the google pixel 2 xl se craze during the summer

athough i had mine way before the se , i refunded , cost me 150$ cad

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    get oneplus..oneplus is good for daily use..also heavy gaming..oneplus 5/5T is the options...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    I was looking into that as well, the OnePlus 6 goes for about 300 eur used, BUT there's the lower res screen compared to my current HTC 10. I guess sacrificies have to be made in order to remain at a lower price point than other flagships. The one thing I like about my HTC is the dolby boomsound with the ability to configure the equalizer at any time and the stereo speakers, too.

I'd love to get the pixel 3 and go for a refund, but thing is, google doesn't ship them to Latvia and I'm stuck with browsing phones on eBay

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerlord219 View Post
    I got a pixel 2 xl and it's one of the most shittiest phones I've ever used. Apart from all of the features, specs and everything it has, including the great camera (which is useless for me since i dont use it anyway) it's been a like a year since I had it and its slowed down TREMENDOUSLY like using it on a day to day basis, unlocking it, opening up apps and shit its slow as fuck.

For real? Have you tried factory resetting it/wiping cache data? I'll be damned if you tried that and it didn't work. Welp, the Pixel's major selling point for me IS the camera and the fact that it has stereo speakers, which you don't see on many flagships either.

Thanks
    I prefer Pixels since its directly using Google's software with no skin on it. I'd recommend if you can find it on sale somewhere.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Nah not worth it i have it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast