View Poll Results: Can you teach me?

Voters
7. This poll is closed
  • Yes, I live in the Bay Area.

1 14.29%
  • Yes, I do not live in the Bay Area.

1 14.29%
  • Yes, I do not live in the Bay Area, but I would like to teach you via team-viewer and VoIP

2 28.57%
  • No.

3 42.86%
    Thanks

Exclamation Looking for a tutor

Hello,

I am looking for a tutor that can teach me more about VB over the summer that lives in the bay area. If you do not know where the bay area is, its in the middle of California. Lessons can be 1 to 5 days /week and can last 1-3 hours /day. Prices are negotiable. Looking for someone with an experience equal to or greater to FLAMESABER's.

Thanks,
    Maxim Napadiy

P.S. Poll is open for 14 days (2 weeks)
    Last edited by mnpeepno2; 05-24-2010 at 12:49 AM.

-----------------------------------------------

My site: here
    My Blog: here
    My member's area: here
    Minecraft Sever Forum: here

Minecraft Servers:

Public:

Private:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    You're wasting your time with visual basics(no offense to anyone who codes in it).

C++ will get you farther in the long run.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Obama For This Useful Post:

Hell_Demon (05-24-2010),Zoom (05-24-2010)

Thanks
    i kno that, i just dont feel like im ready for it yet...

Minecraft Servers:

Public:

Private:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    Just saying, its a waste of money and time to actually get a tutor for vb. Most people who code in vb taught themselves with tuts online etc.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by mnpeepno2 View Post
    i kno that, i just dont feel like im ready for it yet...
    Well the thing is is that when it comes time to learn C++, VB will fuck with your syntax.

So if you want to get into serious programming then you should really learn C++.

(Or ASM )

Thanks
    yeh get lessons with c++, VB is too easy

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    *Sigh*

What makes you think that VB will die in the future. Haven't you seen the rise in its popularity ???

The cost of learning C++ is really high. I am not saying that VB is more powerful than C++ but there's not much difference. As C#, C++ and VB shares the same Framework (.NET), in the future we will see some really strong features in VB.

C++'s popularity is decreasing everyday primarily because of the structure of its syntax. Go to Tiobe programming language popularity page and check the popularity levels. C# is leading the way. VB and Java is in competition. Then comes C++ and Ruby.

Based on my experience, you can use either Visual Basic .NET or Visual C++ (.NET) to build solutions. Although differences do exist between the two languages, both languages use the .NET Framework common language runtime and are equally powerful.

Programmer's want simplicity and power which VB successfully managed to provide. So VB is worth learning as the power is same due to the same Framework !!!

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hassan For This Useful Post:

Blubb1337 (05-24-2010),Invidus (05-24-2010),Jason (05-24-2010)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by FLAMESABER View Post
    Although differences do exist between the two languages, both languages use the .NET Framework common language runtime and are equally powerful.
    You forget that C++ can be used without the .net framework, and therefor is alot more powerful then VB.

@mnpeep: I'd move away from VB, if you want to be able to do the same stuff start with C#. It can do the exact same things as VB, but has way better syntax and will make learning C++ a whole lot easier due to shared syntax
    Ah we-a blaze the fyah, make it bun dem!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Quote Originally Posted by Major_the_hacker View Post
    yeh get lessons with c++, VB is too easy
    Like you know it all !! ??

Quote Originally Posted by Hell_Demon
    You forget that C++ can be used without the .net framework, and therefor is alot more powerful then VB.
    Technology is moving on extremely rapidly. In future, .NET framework will be the most powerful framework and might still be. So, C++ would have to use it in order to deliver the power that new systems offer.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Hell_Demon View Post

@mnpeep: I'd move away from VB, if you want to be able to do the same stuff start with C#. It can do the exact same things as VB, but has way better syntax and will make learning C++ a whole lot easier due to shared syntax
    VB can also run without netframework....
    -Rest in peace leechers-

Your PM box is 100% full.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy
    TIOBE Programming Community Index for May 2010
    May Headline: Objective-C enters top 10

Despite the fact that Objective-C only gained 0.08% last month, it has entered the top 10 for the first time. This is quite an achievement, especially if one bears in mind that only 13 different programming languages had a top 10 score since the start of the TIOBE index in June 2001. The main (and probably only) reason for Objective-C's popularity is that it is the only language in which you can write applications for the iPhone or iPad. From a programming language point of view, Objective-C (born in 1986) offers no new interesting features.

The TIOBE Programming Community index gives an indication of the popularity of programming languages. The index is updated once a month. The ratings are based on the number of skilled engineers world-wide, courses and third party vendors. The popular search engines Google, MSN, Yahoo!, Wikipedia and YouTube are used to calculate the ratings. Observe that the TIOBE index is not about the best programming language or the language in which most lines of code have been written.

The index can be used to check whether your programming skills are still up to date or to make a strategic decision about what programming language should be adopted when starting to build a new software system. The definition of the TIOBE index can be found here.

Source: https://www.tiobe.com/index.php/conte...pci/index.html
    Last edited by 'Bruno; 05-24-2010 at 10:32 AM.
    Light travels faster than sound. That's why most people seem bright until you hear them speak.

Thanks
    I now think that i will start to focus more on C#, but i will still need a tutor for VB, so i can use SDKs and other stuff...

Minecraft Servers:

Public:

Private:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by Brinuz View Post
    TIOBE Programming Community Index for May 2010
    May Headline: Objective-C enters top 10

Despite the fact that Objective-C only gained 0.08% last month, it has entered the top 10 for the first time. This is quite an achievement, especially if one bears in mind that only 13 different programming languages had a top 10 score since the start of the TIOBE index in June 2001. The main (and probably only) reason for Objective-C's popularity is that it is the only language in which you can write applications for the iPhone or iPad. From a programming language point of view, Objective-C (born in 1986) offers no new interesting features.

The TIOBE Programming Community index gives an indication of the popularity of programming languages. The index is updated once a month. The ratings are based on the number of skilled engineers world-wide, courses and third party vendors. The popular search engines Google, MSN, Yahoo!, Wikipedia and YouTube are used to calculate the ratings. Observe that the TIOBE index is not about the best programming language or the language in which most lines of code have been written.

The index can be used to check whether your programming skills are still up to date or to make a strategic decision about what programming language should be adopted when starting to build a new software system. The definition of the TIOBE index can be found here.

Source: TIOBE Software: The Coding Standards Company
    Where's my beloved assembly in that list? -sob-

Thank gosh I started off with C++.

C# is the same as VB but with C style syntax. You don't lose anything if you learn C++, since you know VB already, learning the syntax through learning C++ would be making you learn 2 languages at once. Plus we recently got a C# section and I'll be glad to help you with C++ if you run into anything troublesome.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Hmmm...VB got down this month, I checked the page a few months ago...!!

Anywayz, I would love to learn C++ but since I've achieved what ever I wanted in VB, no need to touch it