Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
                brain dead
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Usually what helps me is planning shit out. like if i need to do x, y, z, then I would set a reminder or a note on my computer to do x at 3:00 pm, etc. It works for me because I have anxiety problems (self diagnosed lol) so whenever I have some plan and I dont follow through with it, it annoys me so I bring it upon myself to do it.

- - - Updated - - -

Usually what helps me is planning shit out. like if i need to do x, y, z, then I would set a reminder or a note on my computer to do x at 3:00 pm, etc. It works for me because I have anxiety problems (self diagnosed lol) so whenever I have some plan and I dont follow through with it, it annoys me so I bring it upon myself to do it.
    And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.

-Friedrich Nietzsche

Thanks
    I actually had a class on procrastination a few weeks ago.

Basically it's all about self discipline and separating yourself from the things that make you procrastinate.
    Personally, I just bump my music and get into my books. I don't even notice the time flying and before I know it 3 hours have gone by.

Doing some planning like @demonetized suggested might not work for everyone. If you're procrastinating, planning wont help you much. You just got to kick yourself in the head and get to doing shit.

Thanks
    I also suffered from the same. its hard to concentrate for me especially during exams

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by demonetized View Post
    [FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="2"][B]Usually what helps me is planning shit out. like if i need to do x, y, z, then I would set a reminder or a note on my computer to do x at 3:00 pm, etc. It works for me because I have anxiety problems (self diagnosed lol) so whenever I have some plan and I dont follow through with it, it annoys me so I bring it upon myself to do it.
    I tried planning and it didn't help me out. I'd just telling myself "maybe I'll have time tomorrow?" Thanks though, I can give it another shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Neverpayforstuff View Post
    I actually had a class on procrastination a few weeks ago.

Basically it's all about self discipline and separating yourself from the things that make you procrastinate.
    Personally, I just bump my music and get into my books. I don't even notice the time flying and before I know it 3 hours have gone by.

Doing some planning like @demonetized suggested might not work for everyone. If you're procrastinating, planning wont help you much. You just got to kick yourself in the head and get to doing shit.
    Self discipline is really difficult to come by. I was raised to always study, so back in pre-school and in primary/early secondary I stuck with always hitting the books. But when social media and other streaming sites became so popular I've kept choosing entertainment over studying.

Quote Originally Posted by PyramidStore View Post
    I also suffered from the same. its hard to concentrate for me especially during exams
    Exactly man lmao. When major exams draws near I can't help but think that I'll cram the learnings cause I believe it works best for me that way. Although at times it is effective, I keep falling asleep during the exams themselves.

I'll live forever and ever with Lee Mijoo
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by yoker88 View Post
    Thats prolly because you dont like what you do. You should start to rethink what you really want in life. Ask yourself if you really want the life you have, the things you do? If you dont, then make a change! Life is too short to waste it. Even if you want to do art o clean dishes or sell things or collect garbage, its your happiness that is at stake!

Procrastinating comes because we do things we dont like or want to do. Maybe because our parents are pushing us or because society is pushing us with the fear of not fitting in.
    I would love to make a change but sadly a lot of people don't understand that, as a kid who's parents own a restaurant, you're forced to work at a super young age and you must be committed or no food. I was born in this shithole and I will probably see a true freedom when I'm at least 25-30yo.

People including my HS friends aka friends that I'm friend because I see them 5 days a week tend to only say "just quit it" it sounds so easy orally but to do it, I must either move to another state or die.

I remember depression really hit me hard because of working every day. It starts by going to school , finish school , go work , go home , play games, go sleep and repeat. Weekend would be wake.up , go work , go home , play games, go sleep and repeat.

Right now as I said , stress and depression have become my best friends and I just no long care about anything else in life.

If games didn't exist then I don't know how I would have cope all this stress and depression on my everyday basis. Probably will end up in the 16 club
    Last edited by Jacky; 03-23-2019 at 04:20 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacky View Post
    I would love to make a change but sadly a lot of people don't understand that, as a kid who's parents own a restaurant, you're forced to work at a super young age and you must be committed or no food. I was born in this shithole and I will probably see a true freedom when I'm at least 25-30yo.

People including my HS friends aka friends that I'm friend because I see them 5 days a week tend to only say "just quit it" it sounds so easy orally but to do it, I must either move to another state or die.

I remember depression really hit me hard because of working every day. It starts by going to school , finish school , go work , go home , play games, go sleep and repeat. Weekend would be wake.up , go work , go home , play games, go sleep and repeat.

Right now as I said , stress and depression have become my best friends and I just no long care about anything else in life.

If games didn't exist then I don't know how I would have cope all this stress and depression on my everyday basis. Probably will end up in the 16 club
    Yeah I feel you, Im 31 now and Im lucky I do pretty much anything I want within my limits. But I when I was young I had similar feelings as you. Its pretty normal, only thing I could tell you is stay strong and hold on. You will get your moment soon or later. Youre not the only one. Dont make your problems grow bigger than they really are. One thing I like to do when Im feeling sad or depressed is to look at the starts and think that Im so little compared to the universe, that when I think about my problems they start to feel so trivial. Look for help if you can, a professional, I recommend a psychologist. They are pretty good because you can talk openly about it with someone, it helps a LOT, and they can even find the root of your problems and improve your life. A lot of your problems could be solved by just a little change in your mind.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to yoker88 For This Useful Post:

Jacky (03-23-2019)

Thanks
    You need to have a goal bro. Like study for 3 hrs play for 1 hr

Thanks
    I have never heard someone answer this question with a good answer lol

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hungover
    You cant stop a habit all of a sudden its very hard, One more thing is are you really passionate about your studies or career?
    plan things a day before, set short term and long term goal.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234