Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

News Force Recruitment Thread

News Force is looking to bring on 5 new writers. We are looking for writers who are going to be able to commit to their job as a writer and be consistent by following the deadlines. We want people who are in it for the long run. If you will take this responsibility lightly, do not bother applying.

Perks include an image title and special colored name as shown below.

The following sections are available:
    • Hack of the Week (1 Open Position)
    • Interviews (1 Open Position) *NEW*
    • Media News (1 Open Position)
    • Music News (1 Open Position)
    • Sports News (1 Open Position)
    • Technology News (1 Open Position)

Hack of the Week
    Select a recently released cheat on MPGH which has received large amounts of positive feedback for usability and features. The cheats chosen should come from a variety of different games.
    Interview
    Interview a MPGH member and providing an interview for other MPGH members to learn about the selected member. Questions should not be personal.
    Media News
    News involving social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat etc. The news can either be informative or comedic under correct discretion on the topic chosen.
    Music News
    Listen to a track or album by any artist and review the song/album. Given a score out of 10 with a detailed explanation of why you gave that score and what people should except from the song.
    Sports News
    News involving sports. This should not just be limited to a small amount of sports since there are plenty of sport events each week. Expected that different sports are reported each week such as netball, hockey etc.
    Technology News
    News involving technology. This should not involve anything related to social media or other sections existing in the News Force. Topics such as Samsung's new phone or electronic device are welcomed and highly suggested to be written about.

Code:
    Name:
    Position/Section applying for:
    Rate your English skills (as a whole) on a 1-10 scale:
    Are you able to meet a weekly deadline where expectations are your responsibilities are completed prior to news publication?
    Why do you believe you should be a part of the News Force?

Important Notes:
    Once applications are closed, those accepted will be contacted.
    If accepted your stay is conditional to the evaluations and your effort put forth during the 14-day trial period each new News Force member will be placed in. If you miss a submission once during trials, you will be promptly removed.
    You WILL be working with someone else.

Head Editor
    • Hova

Editors
    • Ahlwong

Writers
    Headlines
    • Hova
    [*]User News
    • Ahlwong
    [*]Global News
    • HALOS117
    • niggo
    [*]Hack of The Week
    • KillTheNoise
    [*]Gaming News
    • ♪~ ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
    • MoneyMachine
    [*]Technology News
    • Majestic
    [*]Music News
    • Schuba
    [*]Sports News
    • Sean
    [*]Media News
    • KillTheNoise
    [*]WTF News?
    • aku
    • Cursed
    [*]Interviewers
    • Ahmad
    [*]Freelancers
    • Doc
    • Eternity
    • wan

Last edited by Ahlwong; 05-08-2019 at 01:28 AM.
    News Force Head Editor from 09/14/2018 - 03/02/2020
    Publicist from 11/23/2017 - 06/07/2019
    Global Moderator since 09/24/2017
    Minion+ from 04/16/2017 - 09/24/2017
    Market Place Minion from 04/16/2017 - 09/24/2017
    Minecraft Minion from 02/23/2017 - 09/24/2017
    Realm of the Mad God Minion from 11/06/2016 - 09/24/2017

Middleman from 09/14/2016 - 09/24/2017
    News Force Editor from 08/23/2016 - 09/14/2018
    News Force (Section of the Week) from 03/21/2016 - 07/17/2017
    News Force (User News) from 10/18/2015 - 09/14/2018

Donator since 03/16/2015
    Realm of the Mad God Editor from 05/20/2014 - 07/08/2014
    Member since 12/23/2012

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Ahl For This Useful Post:

Banana (04-23-2019),Danny (04-08-2019),[MPGH]Doc (04-09-2019),Fucking Moron (04-08-2019),[MPGH]HALOS117 (04-15-2019),Hector (05-08-2019),Majestic (04-08-2019),MikeRohsoft (04-08-2019),niggo (04-08-2019),Sam (04-08-2019),Schuba (04-15-2019),Sean (04-08-2019),Silent (04-28-2019),Trash (04-08-2019)

Thanks
    Name:
    Adam

Technology Writer

Are you able to meet a weekly deadline where expectations are your responsibilities are completed prior to news publication?
    I am more than capable in meeting weekly deadlines in a swift manner. So, yes.

I believe I would be a great fit for the MPGH News Force because of my forth-coming personality. I am generally a happy and enthusiastic individual with a keen interest in the Technology Market, being a Systems Administrator myself, it is difficult not to be up-to-date on the latest and hottest announcements from manufacturers and startup companies alike.

Working with someone uniquely on an article that would help educate or inform anyone on the vastness of Technology is something I have been thinking of for awhile. And I do have to say, I cannot wait for AMD's 7nm lithography process to release this upcoming 2nd half of 2019. Just want to see what Intel will spew out with their own 7nm process.

Thanks for the opportunity!
    IM requests will be denied if I do not know who you are or request you to do so. If you need to talk to me you can send me a PM. I will respond at my earliest convenience. Previous customers will still be on my IM, for which you can send a messages, please send a PM as well.

I am currently not selling anything.

MPGH IM

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AdamLop213 For This Useful Post:

Danny (04-08-2019),[MPGH]HALOS117 (04-08-2019),Janitor (04-08-2019),MikeRohsoft (04-08-2019),Sam (04-10-2019)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Name: Joe
    Position/Section applying for: Music News
    Rate your English skills (as a whole) on a 1-10 scale: 10
    Are you able to meet a weekly deadline where expectations are your responsibilities are completed prior to news publication? Yes

I love music, and being able to find new artists, albums or a latest released single has always peaked my interest. I am forever following places like r/hhh to grab any new leaks etc and believe I could bring some gold to the news for members to feast on. I am confident I can provide a strong insight to the lyrics/background of any chosen songs/albums to enhance the listening aspect.

My main genres of music are far apart, from 70s-80s rock such as The Beatles and The Rolling Stones, to 70s-80s pop like ABBA and Phil Collins, to more old and modern hip-hop like Biggie and Kanye and to others such as trap and chill style music. I also have an underdeveloped interest in Kpop mostly fueled by IU which I'd like to explore soon. You can expect the backbone of a song within my descriptive reviews alongside some personal insights I am sure many of us share.
    Last edited by Danny; 04-09-2019 at 09:50 AM.

I am not a middleman nor do I buy/sell anything. If you are being contacted by someone off-site from MPGH then it's not me! Please report these to me via PM. Don't be stupid, think first.

6. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to Danny For This Useful Post:

Banana (04-23-2019),Charion (04-22-2019),[MPGH]Doc (04-09-2019),Dragzon (04-16-2019),Fucking Moron (04-15-2019),Gelatin-chan (04-08-2019),[MPGH]HALOS117 (04-15-2019),Hector (04-11-2019),Janitor (04-08-2019),[MPGH]Killian (04-10-2019),KillTheNoise (04-08-2019),[MPGH]Lily (04-10-2019),Majestic (04-08-2019),MikeRohsoft (04-08-2019),niggo (04-08-2019),Sam (04-10-2019),Schuba (04-15-2019),Sean (04-08-2019),Ser_AKshat (04-19-2019),Syurito (04-20-2019),Trash (04-08-2019)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Name: Samm
    Position/Section applying for: Hack of the week
    Are you able to meet a weekly deadline where expectations are your responsibilities are completed prior to news publication? Yes
    Why do you believe you should be a part of the News Force? I think I should be a part of the news force, especially in this section, as I have been using mpgh for a long time and keep myself updated with new cheats, its essential that I do this otherwise bans would be inevitable. I think that with my knowledge of cheating in the past, as well as trying to develop cheats myself, I would easily be able to determine what types of new hacks users would want over alternate/competing cheats.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Sam For This Useful Post:

Danny (04-08-2019),[MPGH]HALOS117 (04-15-2019),Hector (04-09-2019),Janitor (04-08-2019),MikeRohsoft (04-09-2019),ReplacementsNX (04-09-2019),Ser_AKshat (04-19-2019),Trash (04-08-2019)

Thanks
    Name:
    N3X4
    Technology News
    Yes, anyway I am all day on MPGH
    I like all technology and following almost everything about new things that come, so I think I got enough time and knowledge to make good and interesting articles.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ReplacementsNX For This Useful Post:

Danny (04-10-2019),[MPGH]HALOS117 (04-15-2019),Hector (04-26-2019),KillTheNoise (04-14-2019),MikeRohsoft (04-10-2019),Ser_AKshat (04-19-2019)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy
    Name: Versa
    Position/Section applying for: Media News (1 Open Position)
    Music News (1 Open Position)
    Sports News (1 Open Position)
    Technology News (1 Open Position)
    Are you able to meet a weekly deadline where expectations are your responsibilities are completed prior to news publication? Yes I can no problem.
    Why do you believe you should be a part of the News Force? I believe i can bring consistent articles to the news team i've done it before and I can do it again! I love the news team and have been apart of it multiple times and have always posted consistent articles. Good luck to everyone applying and thank you for looking at my application!

12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Versa For This Useful Post:

Banana (04-12-2019),Charion (04-22-2019),[MPGH]Cursed (04-15-2019),[MPGH]Doc (04-10-2019),Fucking Moron (04-15-2019),[MPGH]HALOS117 (04-15-2019),KillTheNoise (04-14-2019),[MPGH]Lily (04-10-2019),MikeRohsoft (04-10-2019),ReplacementsNX (04-10-2019),Ser_AKshat (04-19-2019)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Name: Mike
    Position/Section applying for: Hack of the Week
    Are you able to meet a weekly deadline where expectations are your responsibilities are completed prior to news publication?: Yes, previously I was going through some tough times and went inactive that is no longer in order and everything is fuego.
    Why do you believe you should be a part of the News Force?: I have been part of the News Force twice previously. I know the team and the rules and how to communicate with other members and lastly the weekly deadlines.
    thanks everyone

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fucking Moron For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Cursed (05-03-2019),Danny (04-19-2019),Ser_AKshat (04-19-2019)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Name: Akshat Gupta
    Position/Section applying for: Technology News
    Rate your English skills (as a whole) on a 1-10 scale: 9(Nobody is perfect)
    Are you able to meet a weekly deadline where expectations are your responsibilities are completed prior to news publication?: Yes I can, I am Experienced Freelancer so I know the importance of my diligence.
    Why do you believe you should be a part of the News Force?: Position I am applying in News Force is Technology News writer, being a Computer Science Engineering Student I keep myself updated with new technology coming every single day. I am new to mpgh, I can agree on that but proving my experience, I have also worked as freelance writer on Fiverr and became Level 1 seller in no time with so many 5 star reviews. You can trust on me with any kind of article but I do prefer writing about technology and science, since these two fascinates me way more than anything else.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Name: Tom
    Position/Section applying for: Technology News
    Are you able to meet a weekly deadline where expectations are your responsibilities are completed prior to news publication?: Yes, I do not have very much school work, and can dedicate much of my time to research and writing.
    Why do you believe you should be a part of the News Force?: I believe that I would be a good addition to the News Force because of my ability to write entertaining pieces, and my interest in the topics involved. I keep myself updated on most of the recent technology releases and leaks, and I'd love to share what I've learned with others. I'm skilled in writing, and enjoy sharing what I write with others and getting feedback on it. Overall, I think that I should be a part of the News force because of my interests, and ability to preform well under a schedule.

Thanks.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Stairs0 For This Useful Post:

Ser_AKshat (04-19-2019)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Name: Teo
    Position/Section applying for: Music/Technolgy News
    Rate your English skills (as a whole) on a 1-10 scale: I'd say around 8?
    Yes, in fact I do take deadlines very seriously. I will and always keep track of all my works no matter how busy I am with college/study and irl stuffs.
    I've been reading MPGH weekly news for quite some time now and this is a good opportunity for me to experience something new, to help and deliver news to the MPGH community for what they didn't know happening outside of their den . I personally like music and tech stuffs a lot and that's why I keep myself updated with the latest news everyday (I'm more of a tech guy but that doesn't stop my love for music). This could also help me improve my English, writing skills and much more when some certain requirements must be met for jobs in the future. Good luck to everyone applying and all the best
    Member - 30/05/2012
    Premium - 01/11/2020
    News Force - 12/05/2019 till 24/02/2021

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Banana For This Useful Post:

Danny (04-23-2019),MikeRohsoft (04-27-2019)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Confused
    Name:
    TURK
    Sports News/hope actually there is a medical news one

I believe its easy for me to mange due to the time and the passion I have to do my job perfectly .

I believe I would be a addition for the MPGH News Force because of my respect and love for this forum. I am interest and passionate about sports and not only one specific one I like watching but not doing it my self I admit that i'm not that athletic , having great experience in most sports , it is difficult not to be up-to-date on the latest and hottest results and upcoming matches/events
    Working with the news force would be a great opportunity for me to follow my passion of writing and killing my free time doing what I like.
    also being a doctor I am sad not to see a section about health/medicine hope this comes one day I would love to write about it some day but there is always the thing that we all love sport looking forward to hearing from you guys!

Thanks

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Blackblock For This Useful Post:

MikeRohsoft (04-30-2019)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    @ @Ahlwong if you could edit my Original post and add the interviewer position as well to the list and then the following to the "Why do you believe you...News Force?"

"Being an older member I have extensive knowledge on MPGH as a general and some specific sub sections as well. Over the years I have seen many people come, and many people go. I've talked and chatted among many mpghapiens and that's what would make me a good interviewer.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Name: Toxic/Alex

Technology News and HOTW

10 (Born and Raised in the US)

Yes, I am a student and have a good bit of off time, especially with summer just around the corner.

First of all, I want to state that I joined the news force in January, I posted 1 article then went inactive. I am truly sorry for this and completely understand if you do not trust me to rejoin. If a reason can help amend this issue, I had started an SE service on another forum which, on top of school, was incredibly time consuming and stressful. It did a lot of bad things to my life and I have since quit that service and come back to MPGH. I promise I will be able to make more time for the News Force from here on out, if you accept me of course. Now on to my reasons for applying. As stated in my previous application, I have a deep love for technology and research/use it every day of my life. I am always reading articles and trying to learn more each and every day. I have the ability to write comprehensive articles on the subject that I find incredibly interesting. I have a great understanding of the English language and will always be able to use proper grammar, spelling, and formatting. As for HOTW, I use cheats every single day. While most of the ones I use are paid, I am more than willing to test out the cheats here on MPGH and give my feedback on them. As stated before, I can write a comprehensive article on why the cheat is good and how it accomplishes it so well. An idea for the HOTW article that I have is to interview the cheat's creator and learn about how much time and effort was put in to it, and why they decided to upload it to MPGH for everyone to use. I really hope you can forgive me and I would love to be apart of this team!

At $400, is the Google Pixel 3a worth it?

As phones continue to get more and more expensive, flagship companies such as Samsung and Apple have started to offer cheaper alternatives to their higher end models. It seems like Google has now hopped on this bandwagon with their new Pixel 3a. The new Pixel comes in at $400, quite cheap by today's standards, but is it worth your money? The Pixel 3a is basically a cheaper, plastic version of the Pixel 3. Unlike a lot of modern phones, even at this price point, the Pixel 3a does not try to go for the newer notch design. It instead opts for larger bezels with an earpiece + bottom firing speaker. One advantage it has over a lot of phones at this time, as well as the higher end Pixel 3, is a headphone jack! While this shouldn't be something to be so surprised over, it is a welcome addition as some people still prefer to use wired headphones. As for specifications, the Pixel 3a has a Snapdragon 670 processor, a bit slower than most flagships but perfectly fine at just $400. It also has 4GB of RAM, an OLED screen, and a camera that is supposedly quite similar to that of the Pixel 3. You also get the great feel of stock Android. As for some sacrifices you will have to make when opting for this cheaper version, you will be losing wireless charging, water resistance, and the second wide-angle front facing camera. All in all, if you don't mind the cheaper fee of the Pixel 3a, there really isn't any reason to be buying the higher end Pixel 3. This is a great option if you want to have flagship quality specs at a cheap price.
    Last edited by Extrapolated; 05-09-2019 at 12:33 PM.
    Member: Since 07.03.2016
    Premium Member: Since 06.03.2018
    News Force: 01.18.2019-02.20.2019