Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

Lightbulb How to use IM (Birdie)

How to use IM (Birdie)

Overview

For some users that may be unfamiliar with using the embedded chat and it's features around the forum, hopefully this guide can help outline everything that is has to offer. The MPGH embedded chat, known as IM or Birdie, is the only communication tool allowed to be used on MPGH outside of VM/PM. The chat is still under development, so you can expect features and UI to continue changing and encounter the occasional bugs.

If you encounter bugs or have features to suggest, you can report them in this thread here.

IM Sidebar

IM is currently only accessible through the sidebar on the forum. To open it, click the Lobby button in the bottom left corner of your screen.

Once you click the button, it will open up the IM sidebar. Here you can send messages to your contacts, and talk in the channels available to you.

Adding Members

There are currently two ways you can add contacts to your IM. You can add people by the Birdie icon in their postbit, or if the use the BBCode for IM to create a link to add them. Once you send a contact request, it will appear as pending in your IM sidebar. Once they have accepted it, you will be able to send them messages.

1. Adding from Postbit

Around the forum, you can add people when they post on threads. Simply click the Birdie icon and then press the add button to send them a contact request.

2. Adding from BBCode

You can also add members on IM if they include their IM link in their posts. To create a link, press the same Birdie icon in your editor or simple type the following.

Replace the 0000 with your User ID. To find out your user ID, you can go to your profile page and copy it from the URL (https://www.mpgh.net/forum/member.php?u=559777). My User ID would be 559777. Replace the ID with your own and you will have successfully created an IM Add Me Link.

If you see a link in a post, just click it and then press the add button to send them a request.

IM Not Appearing

If you have Comcast, disable your advanced protection.

If IM is not appearing on the forum, your antivirus may be blocking the domain. This is a confirmed case for those using ESET. In order to unblock IM, white-list the URL for Birdie in your antivirus settings. The URL you need to add is "https://birdie.im/*", to allow the entire platform to load without issues.

Follow these steps to unblock on ESET/NOD32. For other antiviruses that may be blocking IM, Google search for how to white-list a domain for that specific antivirus.

• Open ESET/NOD32
    • Open Setup/Settings
    • Click the settings for "Web access protection"
    • Go to URL Address Management, and edit the address list.
    • Double click on "List of allowed addresses" and add the Birdie URL to the list.
    • Save your settings.

IM Disconnected

IM currently only runs on one tab, meaning only one connection. It's recommended to keep one tab open dedicated just for IM to avoid multiple reconnects as you browse through MPGH. However, you can always reconnect in different tabs if you open them.

If IM is persistently showing as disconnected, check the status of IM by reading the latest posts in this thread here.

----------------------------------------

The rest of the functionality should be pretty straight forward to use in IM. If there are any questions, concerns, or things that should be added, you can post about them here. As things in IM change with development, this thread will be updated.
    Last edited by Flengo; 05-16-2019 at 02:14 PM.
    I Read All Of My PM's & VM's
    If you need help with anything, just let me know.

VM | PM | IM
    Staff Administrator Since 10.13.2019
    Publicist Since 04.04.2015
    Middleman Since 04.14.2014
    Global Moderator Since 08.01.2013
    Premium Since 05.29.2013

Minion+ Since 04.18.2013

Combat Arms Minion Since 12.26.2012
    Contributor Since 11.16.2012
    Member Since 05.11.2010

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Flengo For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Ahl (04-12-2019),ammes (07-12-2019),Brity12 (11-21-2021),Gaydow (04-13-2019),Janitor (04-13-2019),Jhon9999 (10-18-2019),Padorkous (05-01-2019),Schiphol (05-18-2019),vm91 (11-28-2019),Wild (04-13-2019)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Flengo View Post
    How to use IM (Birdie)

Overview

For some users that may be unfamiliar with using the embedded chat and it's features around the forum, hopefully this guide can help outline everything that is has to offer. The MPGH embedded chat, known as IM or Birdie, is the only communication tool allowed to be used on MPGH outside of VM/PM. The chat is still under development, so you can expect features and UI to continue changing and encounter the occasional bugs.

If you encounter bugs or have features to suggest, you can report them in this thread here.

IM Sidebar

IM is currently only accessible through the sidebar on the forum. To open it, click the Lobby button in the bottom left corner of your screen.

Once you click the button, it will open up the IM sidebar. Here you can send messages to your contacts, and talk in the channels available to you.

Adding Members

There are currently two ways you can add contacts to your IM. You can add people by the Birdie icon in their postbit, or if the use the BBCode for IM to create a link to add them. Once you send a contact request, it will appear as pending in your IM sidebar. Once they have accepted it, you will be able to send them messages.

1. Adding from Postbit

Around the forum, you can add people when they post on threads. Simply click the Birdie icon and then press the add button to send them a contact request.

2. Adding from BBCode

You can also add members on IM if they include their IM link in their posts. To create a link, press the same Birdie icon in your editor or simple type the following.

Replace the 0000 with your User ID. To find out your user ID, you can go to your profile page and copy it from the URL (https://www.mpgh.net/forum/member.php?u=559777). My User ID would be 559777. Replace the ID with your own and you will have successfully created an IM Add Me Link.

If you see a link in a post, just click it and then press the add button to send them a request.

IM Not Appearing

If IM is not appearing on the forum, your antivirus may be blocking the domain. This is a confirmed case for those using ESET. In order to unblock IM, white-list the URL for Birdie in your antivirus settings. The URL you need to add is "https://birdie.im/*", to allow the entire platform to load without issues.

Follow these steps to unblock on ESET/NOD32. For other antiviruses that may be blocking IM, Google search for how to white-list a domain for that specific antivirus.

1. Open ESET/NOD32
    2. Open Setup/Settings
    3. Click the settings for "Web access protection"
    4. Go to URL Address Management, and edit the address list.
    5. Double click on "List of allowed addresses" and add the Birdie URL to the list.
    6. Save your settings.

IM Disconnected

IM currently only runs on one tab, meaning only one connection. It's recommended to keep one tab open dedicated just for IM to avoid multiple reconnects as you browse through MPGH. However, you can always reconnect in different tabs if you open them.

If IM is persistently showing as disconnected, check the status of IM by reading the latest posts in this thread here.

----------------------------------------

The rest of the functionality should be pretty straight forward to use in IM. If there are any questions, concerns, or things that should be added, you can post about them here. As things in IM change with development, this thread will be updated.
    for Eset firewall you'll need to add url "https://birdie.im:443"

Thanks
    You were wondering in the chat. IM is MPGH chat.
    This should be helpful to read @Investmile

Have a nice day!

Thanks
    it show me in add IM this link in chrome :
    https://www.mpgh.net/forum/#
    why i cant add any people in mpgh ?
    i rly confused

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ho3000 View Post
    it show me in add IM this link in chrome :
    https://www.mpgh.net/forum/#
    why i cant add any people in mpgh ?
    i rly confused
    Try adding me by clicking the three dotted blue box. What happens?

Thanks
    nothing happened , this link show bottom of chrome :
    javascript://
    did in chrome java not installed ?

Thanks
    i got how use javascript in google chrome :
    add this extension : Quick Javascript Switcher
    in : https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search/javascript
    i put my way to others if like to use them in MPGH , tnx admin

Thanks
    how to install IM (Birdie)?

we solved the problem
    Last edited by kvac; 01-28-2020 at 01:41 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    Having same issue, just seeing "javascript" in the bottom left corner. So how about we scrape this junk project, just pretend it never happened. I've never seen a forum try so hard to force some, obviously dreck not working, IM onto its members rather than trying to find some other solutions for security when trading.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Asleep
    having this problem as well
    tried to add whitelist in Eset,VPN not work,all browser not work,phone doesnt work too

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    heeey, it managed to not suck balls for 2 weeks, yet it does, again... IM not visible, I click on add to the IM list and nothing happens, it just says in the bottom left corner javascript.

Thanks
    Raw content

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    I'm not hatin' on IM at all just curious why not integrate the messages into MPGH PMs so they're not only 1 in the same but people on the mobile site can read their messages ?

I did see a mobile app is in the works but that'd be a decent way for people on mobile to not have to switch to the desktop site & try to navigate that mess.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    thanks for the helpful info. just trying to hit 15 posts.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Wondering if I would be banned if I join someone on ********, ***** or ******* cuz some sellers send their address like Sky pe, Tele and disc_rd. Should I not join them?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast