Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Post Spoof your rank (no bypass needed)

Was gonna keep this private but didn't see the point, barely play this trash game anyway

Alright so as a lot of you are now aware, you are no longer able to change your rank with SAM. This is because the developers now store your rank data on their servers and read directly from this. So surely this means that there is no hope of editing your rank anymore, right?

Well, not exactly. This method is going to use a proxy man-in-the-middle attack to alter the data that the game thinks it's receiving directly from BHVR servers to instead use our own rank data. Let's get started.

First, you should download and install the latest version of the Fiddler Web Debugging Tool. I don't think I am allowed to link it here as it is licensed software, however google is your friend.

Once installed, you should go to Tools --> Options --> HTTPS, and make sure the 'Capture HTTPS CONNECTs' and 'Decrypt HTTPS traffic' boxes are selected. If you haven't used Fiddler before it is going to make you install a certificate, please understand the security risks behind this before continuing.

Next you need to open Notepad and paste the below code into it:
    Code:
    {"survivorPips":0,"killerPips":0}
    Replace the zeros with the pips you want the game to read (should be between 0 and 85).
    Once you are done, go to File --> Save As, make sure the 'Save as type' is set to all files, and then you can save the file as rank.json. If it isn't set to all files then you will end up with a rank.json.txt.

We are almost done now, head back to Fiddler and navigate to the AutoResponder tab. Select the add rule button, and enter the following into the first box of the rule editor:
    Code:
    EXACT:https://latest.live.dbd.bhvronline.com/api/v1/ranks/pips
    In the second box you should click the drop down arrow, then go to find a file and select the rank.json you created earlier. You should end up with something that looks like this:

Now you can save the rule. Last thing to do is to place a checkmark in the two boxes at the top (Enable rules and Unmatched requests passthrough) and that's all there is to it. You can now launch the game and it will use our rank data instead. You only need to set this up once, Fiddler should remember your rules next time you go to open it.

You need to open Fiddler before you start the game and leave it open until you close the game. Running the game without Fiddler will put you back on the rank you were on before (this doesn't stick). Currently this is undetected as of 16/04/2019 but that might change eventually now that this is public.

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY BANS WHILE DOING THIS.
    Last edited by gerassss; 4 Weeks Ago at 07:18 AM.

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to xoreaxeax For This Useful Post:

AgentRippchentv (04-16-2019),AK114 (04-16-2019),alinus2012 (04-16-2019),Bo0sted (04-16-2019),ClickMeFish (04-16-2019),Expiker21 (04-16-2019),Jeepo (04-18-2019),mguserman (04-16-2019),MrSega13 (04-16-2019),paintrain000 (04-19-2019),reicherux (04-18-2019),SECRET2ASSASSIN (04-17-2019),TheGodlyGod (1 Week Ago)

Thanks
    I must install this certificate?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sad Wolf View Post
    I must install this certificate?
    Yes //2short

Thanks
    work for me

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Currently fiddler is detected in Fortnite.. so maybe it can be detected in DBD

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IIOmqRedxii View Post
    Currently fiddler is detected in Fortnite.. so maybe it can be detected in DBD
    It can be detected yes but as of now it's not. If you're paranoid then run it on another PC and forward your main PC's traffic through that

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Tried this today, vouched. Xoreaxeax being helpful like always

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Its preventing me from booting up the game, saying it cannot connect.
    Was it patched?
    EDIT: NEVERMIND, just needed to reboot.
    Last edited by Cyranek; 04-17-2019 at 10:12 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Since no got banned for using SAM for rank change, is it safe to say that even if fiddler gets detected we won’t get banned? Or is that the devs weren’t able to find out who used SAM so no bans?

Thanks
    Doesn't work for me. cant connect error code:8014

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimmx View Post
    Doesn't work for me. cant connect error code:8014
    Double check you checked the unmatched requests passthrough box

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MastahWindu View Post
    Since no got banned for using SAM for rank change, is it safe to say that even if fiddler gets detected we won’t get banned? Or is that the devs weren’t able to find out who used SAM so no bans?
    Most likely the latter, they didn't track rank through the game so there was no way of them knowing. It's possible for this to get detected, I doubt they would ban people for it though since you could be using Fiddler for other purposes. But it's something that only time will tell.

Thanks
    I did as u say, even reboot my PC, and still have same problem :/ Is it working? Or maybe it's some kind of connection problem on my side? cuz without it i can play.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimmx View Post
    I did as u say, even reboot my PC, and still have same problem :/ Is it working? Or maybe it's some kind of connection problem on my side? cuz without it i can play.
    It should still be working, it's hard for me to know exactly what's going wrong unfortunately. All I can say is to go over the steps again very carefully, make sure everything is set exactly as I described.

Thanks
    does not work for me

Thanks
    Will test this again myself soon, was literally working last night for some of my friends. Can anyone else confirm if it's patched?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast