Thanks
    My Mood
    Chatty

Need diet for losing fat and gaining muscle/defining body

Body fat: 21.1% (1 week ago it was 22.3%, I didn't measure it 2 weeks ago).
    Weight: Not sharing. Though I am not overweight, not skinny either. I am inbetween. Lost 1.4kg (3 pounds) in 2 weeks so far.
    Height: Not sharing
    Belly: Probs average amount. Don't have a beer belly/round. Its just a tiny bit round, you couldn't tell if I wore a slime fit t-shirt. Deff not flat enough for visible abs.
    Biggest area of fat: I feel my thighs have the MOST fat, then belly, then a lil on my arms/forearms
    Biggest Issue: I feel like I don't have a lot of energy and my stomach is always growling and farting (yes I know its gross). Just tryna improve myself.

Current routine (been doing for about 2 weeks):
    • Breakfast = Oats (150g) with milk + 1 Banana
    • Lunch = Chicken + quinoa + salad OR tuna + 1 egg
    • Dinner = Chicken + quinoa + salad
    • Workout 4 times a week (mostly running/jogging for 30 mins). Recently started working upper body. Don't take any pre-workout or post workout meals/drinks

Main aesthetic goal:
    • V shaped upper body
    • Strong looking forearms (veiny etc)
    • Biceps big enough to make my t-shirts sleeve's be almost skin tight.
    • Legs (not too much of my concern. My legs aren't skinny. So it wouldn't even look weird if I had a bigger upper body). But still won't minding working it out. Not a big concern though

Health wise:
    I'm fairly healthy already. I didn't eat too much junk prior to my fitness journey. I'd say my biggest "bad habit" was rice. Every meal I had, had rice (50% of the time brown rice, 50% white rice)

I want to work out to make my body look like the pic below. Maybe a little less buff than he is. Maybe a lil less defined (because I know body fat has to be super low for defined body parts) I don't want to be super buff.

Tips for meal plan and working out? Too much info on the internet, don't know how to even start.
    Last edited by Allura; 05-06-2019 at 06:45 AM.
    I barely use MPGH IM, Send me a private message to reach me faster!
    Also I currently don't sell anything!

DD/MM/YYYY
    Joined MPGH: 07/02/2017
    Premium: 08/02/2017 - ∞
    Newsforce (HOTW): 07/06/2017 - ∞
    Publicist: 06/11/2017 - 12/04/2018
    Minion (Minecraft): 23/12/2017 - ∞
    Minion (Cryptocurrency Talks): 01/05/2018 - ∞

Thanks
    Can give you some online coaching, we can work out a plan that right for you. PM me.

Thanks
    My goodness that body is definitely going to stop cars full of women at any given time

Thanks
    If you don't count your calories then you 100% should. use a macro calculator website (google it) put in your information and it will shoot out your total calorie count along with macros (carbs , proteins, fats). You can download an app called myfitnesspal and use that to track all of your macros. Record your weight before you start and weigh yourself once per week , the same day and same time. Check your weight and slightly adjust you carb / protein ration up or down , depending on if you want to lose or gain weight. Eat clean not shit when counting. I just saved you hundreds on a coaching program assuming you know how to workout. You're welcome, your fellow bodybuilder / nerd. That's a free consultation, if your serious and want to see the work I have done with me and other people just shoot me a message and I can help you for a monthly fee.
    Last edited by mafai44; 05-07-2019 at 07:29 PM.

Threadstarter
    Cryptocurrency
    and
    Minecraft
    Staff

Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Chatty
    Quote Originally Posted by mafai44 View Post
    If you don't count your calories then you 100% should. use a macro calculator website (google it) put in your information and it will shoot out your total calorie count along with macros (carbs , proteins, fats). You can download an app called myfitnesspal and use that to track all of your macros. Record your weight before you start and weigh yourself once per week , the same day and same time. Check your weight and slightly adjust you carb / protein ration up or down , depending on if you want to lose or gain weight. Eat clean not shit when counting. I just saved you hundreds on a coaching program assuming you know how to workout. You're welcome, your fellow bodybuilder / nerd. That's a free consultation, if your serious and want to see the work I have done with me and other people just shoot me a message and I can help you for a monthly fee.
    I've done that in the past. Honestly I don't want to count my calories. Its such a hassle to scan every barcode of everything you eat and try and figure out the calories of a meal (since its multiple products to make a meal). I know I am in caloric deceit because I am dropping weight and body fat. Most likely dropping water weight because its now been exactly 23 days and I have lost 2.3kg (5 pounds). I'm dropping too fast, so clearly water weight, but I am dropping body fat too. They key is basically caloric deficit (and the only thing that works, not any special diet plans). I just wanted some suggestions for exercise and simple but nice tasting recipes and maybe some other tips.

DD/MM/YYYY

Thanks
    Wow, you surely work hard to achieve that fit body.
    Is it possible to loose 3 pounds in just single day?

Thanks
    I'd say go with a homeworkout, rushfit/p90x (i'd say to go with p90x3 since its only 30 minutes then go to one of the other 2 if you have time or you improve). Alot of body builders will say you can't get muscle or "fit" from them but...I mean look at the dudes who just do calisthenics and look at prisoners who's only weights are bags of water and themselves.

Hell Charlie Hunnam got his "starter" body just from: 150 pushups 150 air squats 75 dips 75 pullups and 20 mins of ab work. Then once he wanted a little more he upped those numbers to 1000/1000/100/100-300 respectively.

Basic

Step Up

But I'm finally willing to say that diet is a huge part of you working out, there was a time when I was lifting weights but eating whatever the fuck I wanted which was more than 70% of the time fastfood. If I had been eating like I am now i'd have been shredded.

Threadstarter
    Cryptocurrency
    and
    Minecraft
    Staff

Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Chatty
    Quote Originally Posted by weazle9954 View Post
    I'd say go with a homeworkout, rushfit/p90x (i'd say to go with p90x3 since its only 30 minutes then go to one of the other 2 if you have time or you improve). Alot of body builders will say you can't get muscle or "fit" from them but...I mean look at the dudes who just do calisthenics and look at prisoners who's only weights are bags of water and themselves.

Hell Charlie Hunnam got his "starter" body just from: 150 pushups 150 air squats 75 dips 75 pullups and 20 mins of ab work. Then once he wanted a little more he upped those numbers to 1000/1000/100/100-300 respectively.

Basic

Step Up

But I'm finally willing to say that diet is a huge part of you working out, there was a time when I was lifting weights but eating whatever the fuck I wanted which was more than 70% of the time fastfood. If I had been eating like I am now i'd have been shredded.
    I think the basic body is basically what I wanted. The step up is a goal way way way down the future. I just couldn't find the right picture of my goal.

DD/MM/YYYY

Thanks
    IMO diet seems a bit lacking even with 4 days a week working out. A good friend of mine had me on one of his (modified) bodybuilding contest prep diet plans and I ended up eating more food in 16 weeks than I ever want to again. Fastest way to lose fat is to build muscle and add cardio/running/HIIT at the end of weight training days as muscle continues to burn fat long after a workout, and granted you eat enough calories to support it. This applies to those who 'do not want to get super buff' and 'i want to cut' even without body fat and at extremely low levels. 2 months I dropped 10lb and about 5%bf (was similar to where you were).

For me, each meal consisted of 20g protein minimum at 6+ a day (protein shakes were necessary to meet macro demand). An odd routine was doing 'carb cycling' which worked wonders for me. This method you will still have 'growling' but energy levels will increase as nutrient intake increases.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sd972 View Post
    IMO diet seems a bit lacking even with 4 days a week working out. A good friend of mine had me on one of his (modified) bodybuilding contest prep diet plans and I ended up eating more food in 16 weeks than I ever want to again. Fastest way to lose fat is to build muscle and add cardio/running/HIIT at the end of weight training days as muscle continues to burn fat long after a workout, and granted you eat enough calories to support it. This applies to those who 'do not want to get super buff' and 'i want to cut' even without body fat and at extremely low levels. 2 months I dropped 10lb and about 5%bf (was similar to where you were).

For me, each meal consisted of 20g protein minimum at 6+ a day (protein shakes were necessary to meet macro demand). An odd routine was doing 'carb cycling' which worked wonders for me. This method you will still have 'growling' but energy levels will increase as nutrient intake increases.
    The fastest way to lose weight is a healthy calorie deficit, you're eating extra to get bigger. OP on the other hand just wants a lean look.

Thanks
    Bodybuilding is judged on muscularity and leanness rather than athletic performance.

Achieving the desired bodybuilder look requires regular exercise and special attention to your diet.

Bodybuilding dieting is typically divided into bulking and cutting phases, during which your calorie intake will change while your macronutrient ratio remains the same.

Your diet should include nutrient-dense foods, 20–30 grams of protein with each meal and snack, and you should restrict alcohol and deep-fried or high-sugar foods.

This ensures you get all the important nutrients your body needs for building muscle and overall health.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DB014 View Post
    moderation is the key and cardio plus lifting 3x per week. don't starve yourself
    I have given up sugar and feel much better.