Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy

Post Updating clients on your own to play while you wait for official releases!

Hello! So I saw a thread in posted in 2018 by user Swagtown, and I decided I would do a little bit of a repost scenario with clarification and pictures as a step-by-step walkthrough on how to update any client to the current version to play with. WARNING: This may be unsafe, may get you banned, but if you want to play with a client and not wait possibly a week for a release, this tutorial will show you how.

--Precursor: Tools you will need--
    -JPEXS Free flash decompiler
    -Old client of your choice (I used 059's client)
    -Fresh .swf of ROTMG.

--Step 1: Gathering Information--
    -After you install JPEXS, open the fresh ROTMG .swf (Named AssembleeGameClientXXXXXXX)
    -Open directory trees to "scripts\com\company\assembleegameclient\parameter s\Parameters.as"
    -Find "RANDOM1:String" and "RANDOM2:String" values and copy them to somewhere like notepad.

--Step 2: Updating the client--
    -Open your client .swf in JPEXS to "scripts\kabam\rotmg\messaging\impl\GameServerConn ectionConcrete.as"
    -Find the string "_loc1_.buildVersion_" and change it to the current version by using the "Edit P-Code" button on part 3 of the image below. Current versions are publicly availible on RealmEye.

-Now browse to "scripts\kabam\rotmg\application\impl\ProductionSe tup.as"
    -Find the build version as pictured below and set it to the current build version using Edit P-Code as done before.

-Then browse to the same area as shown in step 1 but in your outdated client and change the values of RANDOM1:String and RANDOM2:String to the values you copied earlier.

Now you're done! Save the swf file, maybe as "whateverclient-edit.swf" and open it with Adobe Flash Projector!

Closing Statement: If any update introduces new content, the new content sprites may not appear as you are technically using an older version of the game.

Thank you for reading my tutorial. I hope I could have been some help for those who are impatient and just want to play. Remember to say thanks on the post if it helped any!

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bioscence For This Useful Post:

055 (11-13-2019),c4c150d1 (10-16-2019),Geers1 (10-31-2019),RoliruliLTT (06-05-2019),Stairs0 (05-09-2019)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed
    is this safe?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Collective View Post
    is this safe?
    WARNING: This may be unsafe, may get you banned, but if you want to play with a client and not wait possibly a week for a release, this tutorial will show you how.
    // ten chars

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Who knew that changing a couple strings actually updates the client. This should be pinned!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to citydrifter For This Useful Post:

Bioscence (05-10-2019)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by citydrifter View Post
    Who knew that changing a couple strings actually updates the client. This should be pinned!
    Thanks! I tried my best to be as thorough and at the same time be simple and short

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    thanks for the post

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Im just getting a white screen on adobe. Game doesn't load.. Do you know why that happens?

I also keep getting the message saying that the version im running is the previous one. and yes,i did follow all the instructions.. re-did it 4 times but no different result..
    Last edited by BucketMan2404; 05-23-2019 at 05:38 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by BucketMan2404 View Post
    Im just getting a white screen on adobe. Game doesn't load.. Do you know why that happens?

I also keep getting the message saying that the version im running is the previous one. and yes,i did follow all the instructions.. re-did it 4 times but no different result..
    Honestly, I didn't have that issue. I just tested upgrading the 37.7.0 client to 37.7.1 and worked fine for me. Although there's a new version out though, possibly your adobe flash player was out of date?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by Bioscence View Post

Honestly, I didn't have that issue. I just tested upgrading the 37.7.0 client to 37.7.1 and worked fine for me. Although there's a new version out though, possibly your adobe flash player was out of date?
    I have no idea to be honest.. I did download the latest adobe version available and did everything step by step but nothing worked. Also,whenever i tried to use "Save as" i would get a .tmp at the end of the .swf. For example it would be like "059client.swf.tmp and its size was 1KB.. Don't really know why that happened.

Thanks
    when i follow the steps i just get a plain black screen with the cursor, ive followed everything atleast 3 times, could you tell me whats wrong?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mistersex1234 View Post
    when i follow the steps i just get a plain black screen with the cursor, ive followed everything atleast 3 times, could you tell me whats wrong?
    add the file you've updated to trusted location in adobe flash player -> global settings -> additional settings. you should get it fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by BucketMan2404 View Post
    I have no idea to be honest.. I did download the latest adobe version available and did everything step by step but nothing worked. Also,whenever i tried to use "Save as" i would get a .tmp at the end of the .swf. For example it would be like "059client.swf.tmp and its size was 1KB.. Don't really know why that happened.
    you aren't saving it. try loading latest java for your pc.

Thanks
    How can this get you banned? i mean its using like 059

Thanks
    My Mood
    Confused
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinlord View Post
    How can this get you banned? i mean its using like 059
    Because its not an update, its just to mock the server to believe your client is updated.

As your client is not really up to date, you could have some issues with graphics missing or some content missing.

When 059 updates a client he adds the new content(of the update) into the hacked client.

Thanks
    with the updated 059 client i have a netjitter of 100 but with the assembleegameclient a netjitter of 3.
    do you know why?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    ty dude for sharing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast