Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive

My Experience In The Stoneman Douglas Highschool Shooting 2/14/18

Bio: Hi, My name is phillip and I am a sophmore at Stoneman Douglas, a florida highschool that was shot up by gunman nicholas cruiz. Last year, nicholas cruiz took the lives of 17 people including our football coach at 2;40 PM on february 14th, 2018 AKA(VALENTINES DAY).

Background: Being a florida grown kid, I would regularly ride my bike with my friends to the everglades holiday national park, I can distinctly remember that one day around winter break in 2017 I saw a man carrying an AR-15 style gun while walking around the everglades. I remember him shooting into the water, and even shooting at birds. Me and my friends decided it best to not confront him. So we rode away. This later turned out to be the man that shot and killed many beloved students, faculty, and staff at my highschool. This is just a reminder that PLEASE IF YOU SEE SOMETHING SAY SOMETHING!

What Happened: I remember the morning of valentines day, I woke up and (since i get pissy being woken up at 7 am to get ready for school (which starts at 7:40 am)) I yelled at my mother for waking me up so early. I admit i'm not very nice to her in the mornings. She dropped me off at shool and the day seemed normal as any other day. But, today kids were giving eachother hugs, kisses, candy etc.... (Since it's valentines day). I got out of my mom's car and headed to my biology class where we were learning osmosis and diffusion and shit like that (I HATE BIO). (BTW in broward county highschools, we have 8 total classes, one of them being a study hall, and we have split them up into A and B days. With 4 periods on one and another 4 periods the next day).Fast Forward to 8th period, I was in Algebra 1 and as we were wrapping up our lesson the fire alarm goes off. *FIRE ALARM NOISE*, everyone sighed and got angry as we had just completed a fire drill earlier and it's really hot outside, people get sweaty pretty quickly. as i headed downstairs from the second floor, *BOOM BOOM BOOM* I start hearing what sounded like a hammer banging against metal... Except it wasn't a hammer. I headed back with a stampeding crowd back to my algebra class where about 7 other students made it (The rest were running as fast they could away from the noise). I had no idea what was going on until I saw bullet holes in the cabinets on my algebra class. The wall with the door leading into our rooms isn't completely cement or stone etc... It is actually like a plaster of some sort which can easily be shot through. I waited in terror as the teacher of our class kept on trying to quiet down some of the girls who were crying so that the gunman wouldnt discover us. It was dark in the room and 30 minutes later I hear a pounding on the door *BOOM BOOM BOOM, OPEN UP ITS THE POLICE* the swat had come to evacuate the building. It felt like hours had gone by when In reality it only took about 5 minutes for Nicholas Cruiz to ruin so many lives. The one person dear to me that I lost was Helena Ramsay RIP.

The message I am trying to convey. In this day and age I constantly get reminded of the hate that the internet is capable of. Catastrophes like this one started because sheriff scott israel's son bullied nicholas cruiz in highschool years ago. Stop the hate now and save lives later. Thank You
    Last edited by unbracedewe14; 05-17-2019 at 07:14 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to unbracedewe14 For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]arunforce (05-18-2019)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Although bullying is a massive issue that sorely needs to be addressed, in no way does that excuse the wholesale murder of 17 people. America has a personal ego problem, and when the broken feel they are less than human they act in ways that makes them feel powerful.

Refer to Beau of the Fifth Column's video series on gun control and shootings in where the gun and its own fetishization makes it in itself a symbol of masculinity and power, where problems are solved through force and violence.

You were seeking strength, justice, splendour.
    You were seeking love.
    Here is the pit, here is your pit.
    Its name is Silence..

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Aborted For This Useful Post:

unbracedewe14 (05-18-2019)

Thanks
    Thanks for sharing and sorry for your loss RIP

6. The Following User Says Thank You to oRains For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Thanks for sharing and sorry for your loss

8. The Following User Says Thank You to iFentanyl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Thank you for sharing your story, hopefully our generation can change it for the better. RIP to those who died.

BRING BACK BT, BRING BACK SAGA, BRING BACK VF, BRING BACK MPGHCRAFT, BRING BACK HABAMON

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hot
    At first I wasn't sure if this was real or not because I'm not used to this kind of content on here.

Despite that, thanks for sharing your story. There's a problem in this country and radical change is needed.

Thanks
    I don't live in the US and I didn't expect such content when I signed up on MPGH.

Just wanted to stop by and say, Thank you for sharing this. It must have been a terrible experience for you to relive those moments to write this short post.
    I'm sorry for your friend and everyone who died, I personally stopped following the news a long time ago because of how depressing it became.

also yes, If people focused more on spreading positivity and stepping in to help others rather than watching. I believe a lot of those shootings wouldn't have happened.

Contact me
    IM | Private Message
    Email: mrbanonkiel@protonmail.com

Accepting BTC & ETH

Thanks
    RIP to your friend

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hungover
    So sad

RIP