Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Old style vs New style anime

I'm starting to run out of good anime to watch and I don't know why but I for one can't watch anime which are too old because of the crappy animation style. I mean, even if the anime is a 10/10, seeing that outdated graphic style makes me cringy af.

Is anyone else in this situation?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Some older animes have better animation then modern ones. Is your issue purely how it looks? Or is it to do with the fight/action scenes looking shitty.
    Have you seen Code:Geass or Heroic Age? Both are fairly old animes but still have good looking action scenes. Intrigued what you would think about either of those.
    Also whats an example of the 'cringey af' anime you've seen?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh
    I feel ya, Ajin for example has a good story everything but the animation was so bad I hate it in certain way, was so hard to watch.
    But for example some "old" animes have bad animation too but I think some of them it was because of that they were "good" too see but the history wasn't that great...

Just remember there is no perfect anime.
    Reputation power: 20

Previous names:
    Kakershi
    Player

Member: November 2011
    Premium Member: April 2015
    Premium Seller: June 2019

You wanna help me cause I helped you? Click in "Donate"!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to FoxHunter For This Useful Post:

sasori~ (06-14-2019)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    Quote Originally Posted by Player View Post
    I feel ya, Ajin for example has a good story everything but the animation was so bad I hate it in certain way, was so hard to watch.
    But for example some "old" animes have bad animation too but I think some of them it was because of that they were "good" too see but the history wasn't that great...

Just remember there is no perfect anime.
    Ajin is a new anime tho, they're talking about old anime. Old anime with a 10/10 he still cant bear to watch because of the old "crappy" animation apparently.

I definitely prefer old anime, the standard of anime currently is low-tier when you know how many anime are being made each season. There was way less anime being made back then so you weren't seeing the same copy and paste light novel adaptations each and every season. I feel like because there was less anime being made the standard was higher, there was more care put into the visuals and designs, creating more distinct and memorable anime. Also, I'm just a huge fan of the old look, the animation in shows like Berserk (1997), Neon Genesis Evangelion (1995), Golden Boy (1995), Paranoia Agent (2004) and even Hunter x Hunter (1999) get me off.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh
    Quote Originally Posted by Gexis View Post

Ajin is a new anime tho, they're talking about old anime. Old anime with a 10/10 he still cant bear to watch because of the old "crappy" animation apparently.

I definitely prefer old anime, the standard of anime currently is low-tier when you know how many anime are being made each season. There was way less anime being made back then so you weren't seeing the same copy and paste light novel adaptations each and every season. I feel like because there was less anime being made the standard was higher, there was more care put into the visuals and designs, creating more distinct and memorable anime. Also, I'm just a huge fan of the old look, the animation in shows like Berserk (1997), Neon Genesis Evangelion (1995), Golden Boy (1995), Paranoia Agent (2004) and even Hunter x Hunter (1999) get me off.
    Read the thread title, they are talking both, not only old anime.

And Hunter X Hunter is a good example, prefer 2011 much better animation then 1999. That depends who is watching.

Previous names:
    Kakershi
    Player

I'm no one
    I don't want to be anyone
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored

And Hunter X Hunter is a good example, prefer 2011 much better animation then 1999. That depends who is watching.
    What do you think about Steins;Gate animation?

BTW in my opinion Attacks on Titan have awesome animation.
    The moment people come to know love,
    they run the risk of carrying hate.

dd/mm/yyyy
    Member - 24/9/2016
    Premium - 31/8/2018
    Publicist - 22/1/2019

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh
    Quote Originally Posted by t0b1 View Post

Never saw Steins gate yet but about AOT I loved the animation it is well done much better than Naruto for example in the fast moves which in Naruto was horrible and more but the story wasn't for me

Previous names:
    Kakershi
    Player

I'm no one
    I don't want to be anyone
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored

Never saw Steins gate yet but about AOT I loved the animation it is well done much better than Naruto for example in the fast moves which in Naruto was horrible and more but the story wasn't for me
    Yeah, Naruto animation is pfff, but story is okay.
    The moment people come to know love,
    they run the risk of carrying hate.

dd/mm/yyyy
    Member - 24/9/2016
    Premium - 31/8/2018
    Publicist - 22/1/2019

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad

2011 is obviously much better, it's complete and has consistent animation throughout all 148 episodes. The 1999 anime just has that certain old anime aesthetic that the OP doesn't seem to be a fan of. I, however, prefer the old 90s anime aesthetic over anything made from the 2010s+ Which do you prefer?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh
    Quote Originally Posted by Gexis View Post

2011 is obviously much better, it's complete and has consistent animation throughout all 148 episodes. The 1999 anime just has that certain old anime aesthetic that the OP doesn't seem to be a fan of. I, however, prefer the old 90s anime aesthetic over anything made from the 2010s+ Which do you prefer?
    90s too BUT depends on certain animes but mostly the 90s too and 80s and 70s for example Ashita no Joe love that old anime it was made in 70s but prefer if was with the animation of Hajime no Ippo.

Previous names:
    Kakershi
    Player

Thanks
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    Quote Originally Posted by Prowller View Post
    I'm starting to run out of good anime to watch and I don't know why but I for one can't watch anime which are too old because of the crappy animation style. I mean, even if the anime is a 10/10, seeing that outdated graphic style makes me cringy af.

Is anyone else in this situation?
    you can't really compare 90s Anime against the 2000s Anime, buy around 95-2004 those are the times which anime's were at their peak, animation aside. Story are Superb like the all time Fav Slam dunk to Hunter X Hunter. upto Full metal Alchemist, Code Geass, prince of tennis . as years pass by the taste & spice of ppl changes as fast as the season that's why we have a different story different character build story but if your watching old animes i suggest that you do not watch it on a higher res monitor as you are just burning your eyes but for around 2000s anime look for a Blu-ray or a Remastered copy online as this will be more pleasant to watch.

been watching anime for like 34 years now will continue until my eyes could watch & my ears could listen it's been a emotional roller coaster the emotional vibe changed but still some animation studios still produces that hype like MAD HOUSE & SUN RISE, the animation pioneers which help the anime industry where it is now Ps Unbranded Anime's also helped in building the community

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired

You should watch Steins;Gate. The story is so fucking good. I binged it. It's amazing, character development is sooo good. And I genuinely felt sad at some parts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by t0b1 View Post

Steins;Gate is a 9.5/10 anime. Amazing character development and story. And AOT has really clean and nice animation, also Fate/Zero , HxH and Kyoukai have really good animation.
    A big fag

Thanks
    I've heard good things about Steins Gate and it's on my PTW list, as for Attack on Titan, I just finished the latest full season and waiting for the new one to be completed. I'm more of a RomCom fan and I think I've watched most of the good ones after 2010 so anything that's older, from my perspective is too old animation wise.

If anyone shares my genres, here's my list - myanimelist.net/animelist/Prowller

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad

90s too BUT depends on certain animes but mostly the 90s too and 80s and 70s for example Ashita no Joe love that old anime it was made in 70s but prefer if was with the animation of Hajime no Ippo.
    ye, Ippo has pretty great animation.

You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    New style animation all the way.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast