Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

Anyone using GIMP?

Hello everyone. I am trying to learn Graphics Designing and I am using Gimp as of the moment. Is it okay for a newbie to start with this or do you have any other recommendations?

Here's what I've made so far, my profile picture here in MPGH.

I'd like to have advices on where should I start and what I lack. Thank you everyone!
    Last edited by Glass; 11-16-2019 at 09:58 PM.

Press "Click Me!" to be redirected to what you want!

Cheap Spotify Upgrades
    Cheap Valorant Points
    25% Steam Gift Cards

Quote Originally Posted by RespectNF View Post
    I received a staff vouch copy for his service,gift card i redeemed is in working order and i didn't face any problems yet. Good luck with selling!
    Quote Originally Posted by HALOS117 View Post
    Glass provided me with a $10 steam gift card code. I redeemed it instantly and it worked perfectly. No need of vpn or anything. Just copy, paste and it works, Thanks again! Big vouch! #BUNNYSQUAD!
    Quote Originally Posted by unknownluna View Post
    VERY GOOD GUY, WENT first with the code, and it just worked like a charm. A very trusted guy indeed and will make future trades with him for sure
    VOUCH COPY FOR GLASS'S SERVICE

I Received Valorant points from Glass almost immediately and it all is working as intended. Thanks!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    GIMP is really for the basic editing. You should probably get the Photoshop as it has quite a lot of tools you can experiment with.
    And then, if you're good with the basics, try to scale up using the Adobe Illustrator.
    Goodluck!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to xHubaBubax For This Useful Post:

Glass (11-17-2019)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by HHubs View Post
    GIMP is really for the basic editing. You should probably get the Photoshop as it has quite a lot of tools you can experiment with.
    And then, if you're good with the basics, try to scale up using the Adobe Illustrator.
    Goodluck!
    Thank you. I'll master GIMP first before going to Photoshop.
    Last edited by Glass; 11-17-2019 at 01:09 AM.

Cheap Spotify Upgrades
    Cheap Valorant Points
    25% Steam Gift Cards

I received a staff vouch copy for his service,gift card i redeemed is in working order and i didn't face any problems yet. Good luck with selling!
    Glass provided me with a $10 steam gift card code. I redeemed it instantly and it worked perfectly. No need of vpn or anything. Just copy, paste and it works, Thanks again! Big vouch! #BUNNYSQUAD!
    VERY GOOD GUY, WENT first with the code, and it just worked like a charm. A very trusted guy indeed and will make future trades with him for sure

I Received Valorant points from Glass almost immediately and it all is working as intended. Thanks!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    I used to do something in GIMP - like custom skins to Assetto Corsa etc. It's nice sw for beginners.

Also if you want to learn making logos, do it in Illustrator. Photoshop is not made for this. PS is for editing photos and stuff like that and Illustrator is for vector graphics - making logo for example.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to vm91 For This Useful Post:

Glass (11-17-2019)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by mrv0jta91 View Post
    I used to do something in GIMP - like custom skins to Assetto Corsa etc. It's nice sw for beginners.

Also if you want to learn making logos, do it in Illustrator. Photoshop is not made for this. PS is for editing photos and stuff like that and Illustrator is for vector graphics - making logo for example.
    Thank you, how about for making banners and stuff. Is GIMP okay?

Cheap Spotify Upgrades
    Cheap Valorant Points
    25% Steam Gift Cards

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Glass View Post
    Thank you, how about for making banners and stuff. Is GIMP okay?
    I would use PS to make banner. As it is mostly editing photo and making it as accurate as you want. I think you can learn how to make a good one in few hours(maybe minutes ). It's not that hard to do something basic in PS(like banners).

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by mrv0jta91 View Post
    I would use PS to make banner. As it is mostly editing photo and making it as accurate as you want. I think you can learn how to make a good one in few hours(maybe minutes ). It's not that hard to do something basic in PS(like banners).
    Thank you

Cheap Spotify Upgrades
    Cheap Valorant Points
    25% Steam Gift Cards

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Gimp is a great software , but the question is , what do you need for?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    GIMP is something for people who don't do Graphic Design for a living. I don't think Photoshop is the best solution out there for professionals, but well, it's at least in the Top 3. I recommend it, cracked or not.

#LOGS
    12-02-2020 ⌨ [MPGH]defaulto got gifted the Premium Membership from [MPGH]Azuki - sponsored by [MPGH]Flengo.
    27-11-2019 ⌨ [MPGH]defaulto captured the GFX Team Base together with [MPGH]Howl & [MPGH]Poonce.
    08-14-2017 ⌨ defaulto joined the game.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by defaulto View Post
    GIMP is something for people who don't do Graphic Design for a living. I don't think Photoshop is the best solution out there for professionals, but well, it's at least in the Top 3. I recommend it, cracked or not.
    Thank you defaulto

Cheap Spotify Upgrades
    Cheap Valorant Points
    25% Steam Gift Cards

Thanks
    I do video game design for a pretty well off company and to this day, I still prefer gimp. It just comes down to what you prefer. I use photshop when setting things up with text and UI, but photo editing I do all in GIMP and always will.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagittariah View Post
    I do video game design for a pretty well off company and to this day, I still prefer gimp. It just comes down to what you prefer. I use photshop when setting things up with text and UI, but photo editing I do all in GIMP and always will.
    Thank you very much! This really helps. Good luck with your work

Cheap Spotify Upgrades
    Cheap Valorant Points
    25% Steam Gift Cards

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy
    Since I'm only running on Linux, I use GIMP and it's actually really easy to master this tool as soon as you experiment with this tool.
    I also have to mention that GIMP doesn't use that much resources like Photoshop does, specially if you're using a USB graphic tablet
    Everyone have a dark side but nobody show it

My Official Vouch Thread:
    https://www.mpgh.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1259412

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by MichalPlays View Post
    Since I'm only running on Linux, I use GIMP and it's actually really easy to master this tool as soon as you experiment with this tool.
    I also have to mention that GIMP doesn't use that much resources like Photoshop does, specially if you're using a USB graphic tablet
    Yeah. I like GIMP because it's very light weight. Thank you for your insight

Cheap Spotify Upgrades
    Cheap Valorant Points
    25% Steam Gift Cards

Thanks
    GIMP is not an inherently bad program, but if you want to take graphic design seriously you should probably just get right to learning photoshop, perhaps illustrator down the line. You�ll find there are things you want to do with GIMP that you simply cannot. It shouldn�t be hard for you to find photoshop on this forum either way, anyways

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast