Thanks

Replies in Buying section should link to Seller's topic

Scenario 1:

Person A wants to purchase an item/key/etc.
    Person B reply to topic saying he can provide it and adds Person A to IM
    Person B possibly scams Person A over 3 bucks and makes a run for it.

Scenario 2:

Person A wants to purchase an item/key/etc.
    Person B reply to topic saying he can provide it and adds Person A to IM
    a Mod deletes Person B's reply because he doesn't have an active selling topic with those goods.
    Person C reply to the topic providing his topic and adds Person A to IM

Scenario 2 is unrealistic situation imo, The probability of a Mod continuously checking this section for bad replies is very unlikely but this would certainly be an improvement.

However, It should be more helpful for Buyers looking for specific goods, At least by enforcing this rule. Any scammer would have to go through the hassle of making a selling topic, providing a vouch to a staff member/another member (or prove his items) and eventually get his topic approved.

I've seen some guy's profile here where I shit you not, Had more posts in Scammer graveyard because he got scammed so frequently more than anywhere else.
    I don't blame the mods for that but simply, some people are more trusting the others and some people simply exploit that for easy money.
    I find it bothersome that they get punished for trusting the wrong people while there're tons of legit sellers on this website.

Contact me
    IM | Private Message
    Email: mrbanonkiel@protonmail.com

Accepting BTC & ETH

Thanks
    ding dong, my suggestion isn't wrong.
    (aka bump)

Contact me
    IM | Private Message

Accepting BTC & ETH

3. The Following User Says Thank You to banonkiel For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Time (09-12-2019)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Sometimes people are buying/selling one-off things that they don't really have a store for. Or people might not even be considering selling something, but might see that someone wants to buy it and think its a good deal.

In the buying section, it's the buyers responsibility to do a check on who they are trading with, they can always request a marketplace minion or GM to do that for them. Even better, they should use a middleman for their trade.

People have to decide on the compromise between a good deal or a more reputable account. In any case, using a middleman avoids that risk entirely.
    I Read All Of My PM's & VM's
    If you need help with anything, just let me know.

VM | PM | IM
    Staff Administrator Since 10.13.2019
    Publicist Since 04.04.2015
    Middleman Since 04.14.2014
    Global Moderator Since 08.01.2013
    Premium Since 05.29.2013

Minion+ Since 04.18.2013

Combat Arms Minion Since 12.26.2012
    Contributor Since 11.16.2012
    Member Since 05.11.2010

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Flengo View Post
    Sometimes people are buying/selling one-off things that they don't really have a store for. Or people might not even be considering selling something, but might see that someone wants to buy it and think its a good deal.
    Literally that kind of behavior is what encourages scammers to signup and make few quick bucks doing this, throw away the account and get back at it again.

I don't think anyone replying on the 'Buying' section is only doing a one time thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Flengo View Post

In the buying section, it's the buyers responsibility to do a check on who they are trading with, they can always request a marketplace minion or GM to do that for them. Even better, they should use a middleman for their trade.
    Agreed on this part.

I get contacted by randoms regarding a service I need done almost 2-3 times a day. Some of them are straight braindead want to waste my time.
    Some realize, this guy won't be getting scammed anytime soon so they save their time for another possible victim.

One refused to let me test the goods first, refused to provide a vc and demanded me to purchase bulk. Basically, your typical scammer assuming he's talking to a deadass who would throw his money because it's "only $20"

Whether you want to get scammed or not is up to you, I'm not trusting and hella paranoid while dealing with people.
    If I have the slightest feeling that the other side is dealing in bad faith, I will turn any offer(s) down.

Contact me
    IM | Private Message

Accepting BTC & ETH

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    I think implementing a minimum post limit to be able to comment in any of the sales threads or to make any sales threads at all is a good idea to prevent users from quickly making accounts and start scamming, a post count limit for IM, Marketplace sections etc.