Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27
  1. #1
    smetonas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    347
    Reputation
    16
    Thanks
    31
    My Mood
    Breezy

    Need suggestions for a new laptop

    Yo peeps, need a new notebook badly and was wondering if ya'll know any good options? Been looking at some options from Dell, Asus and Lenovo. The XPS seems like a champ, but is way too overpriced in Europe.

    Edit: As others have pointed out, I'll clarify the purpose and budget. I'm mostly focusing on productivity and multimedia, so the 3 most important factors are screen quality, mobility and battery life. Used to own a gaming laptop before, one of my most regretful purchases given I never gamed on the go and I could get a decent laptop + equally powerful gaming desktop for the same price. I'm looking to spend 1000-1500 euro tops.
    Last edited by smetonas; 06-25-2019 at 07:17 AM.

  2. #2
    LecrameMark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    5
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by rockhard69 View Post
    Yo peeps, need a new notebook badly and was wondering if ya'll know any good options? Been looking at some options from Dell, Asus and Lenovo. The XPS seems like a champ, but is way too overpriced in Europe.
    Bro you have a good point of view. I can also advice you to look at HP Elitebook or Probook. These 2 are good too.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to LecrameMark For This Useful Post:

    smetonas (06-25-2019)

  4. #3
    Extrapolated's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Grass's Romanian Household
    Posts
    740
    Reputation
    184
    Thanks
    428
    My Mood
    Tired
    What are you using it for? What's your budget?

    For gaming I'd get something like a razer blade. I personally use a surface laptop for productivity and my desktop for gaming and everything else.
     

     
    Member: Since 07.03.2016
    Premium Member: Since 06.03.2018
    News Force: 01.18.2019-02.20.2019



  5. #4
    Hamza!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Gender
    male
    Location
    pǝq ɹnoʎ ɹǝpun
    Posts
    683
    Reputation
    60
    Thanks
    52
    My Mood
    Tired
    I would definitely recommend an XPS or surface laptop for productivity.



    Joined MPGH - 5/27/2016
    Premium Member - 7/25/2017
    Newsforce Media News - 8/8/2017
    Left Newsforce - 9/25/2017

  6. #5
    OnSite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    97
    Reputation
    18
    Thanks
    6
    My Mood
    Goofy
    Yeah man, I'm rocking the xps 13 2 in 1 just for portability and battery life it hasn't let me down yet. But maybe you should put down what you're looking for in your next laptop and you'll get better answers.

  7. #6
    Gill Bates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    /online
    Posts
    1,095
    Reputation
    188
    Thanks
    220
    Too broad of a question to answer. Budget and purpose are the determining factors.

  8. #7
    HALOS117's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,819
    Reputation
    409
    Thanks
    297
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by rockhard69 View Post
    Yo peeps, need a new notebook badly and was wondering if ya'll know any good options? Been looking at some options from Dell, Asus and Lenovo. The XPS seems like a champ, but is way too overpriced in Europe.
    Budget? Are you doing coding mostly on the laptop? Is it for multimedia? I have used laptops from Sony, Asus, Samsung, Lenovo, Dell XPS, Mac book pro. Hopefully I could help :3. But like others said. More info is needed.

  9. #8
    DigitalVeil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    425
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    45
    My Mood
    Fine
    If money's no object I'd go with a nice razorblade pro. Nice form factor and pretty damn powerful! Dell XPS are nice series of laptops too

  10. #9
    Benji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    959
    Reputation
    87
    Thanks
    120
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    I'm also looking for a laptop for studying, Would want it to be like under 500-600 EUR and multifunctional. anyone?

  11. #10
    Allura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Gender
    male
    Location
    CryptoLand Theme Park
    Posts
    5,981
    Reputation
    1182
    Thanks
    4,097
    My Mood
    Chatty
    Asus Zenbook. Any of the thin ones... They are awesome
    I barely use MPGH IM, Send me a private message to reach me faster!
    Also I currently don't sell anything!



     
    DD/MM/YYYY
    Joined MPGH: 07/02/2017
    Premium: 08/02/2017 - ∞
    Newsforce (HOTW): 07/06/2017 - ∞
    Publicist: 06/11/2017 - 12/04/2018
    Minion (Minecraft): 23/12/2017 - ∞
    Minion (Cryptocurrency Talks): 01/05/2018 - ∞

  12. #11
    smetonas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    347
    Reputation
    16
    Thanks
    31
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by Allura View Post
    Asus Zenbook. Any of the thin ones... They are awesome
    My family member owns one, the 14-inch model. Seems great and the price is amazing for the specs.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalVeil View Post
    If money's no object I'd go with a nice razorblade pro. Nice form factor and pretty damn powerful! Dell XPS are nice series of laptops too
    Not really looking for a gaming PC and 17 inch screen is a bit of an overkill for a laptop

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Hamza! View Post
    I would definitely recommend an XPS or surface laptop for productivity.
    Haven't had a chance to play around with a surface laptop, but I've heard people praising them a lot before. Have you owned one yourself?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by HALOS117 View Post
    Budget? Are you doing coding mostly on the laptop? Is it for multimedia? I have used laptops from Sony, Asus, Samsung, Lenovo, Dell XPS, Mac book pro. Hopefully I could help :3. But like others said. More info is needed.
    Updated my post, thanks for the input.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Extrapolated View Post
    What are you using it for? What's your budget?

    For gaming I'd get something like a razer blade. I personally use a surface laptop for productivity and my desktop for gaming and everything else.
    Updated my post, thanks for the input.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by OnSite View Post
    Yeah man, I'm rocking the xps 13 2 in 1 just for portability and battery life it hasn't let me down yet. But maybe you should put down what you're looking for in your next laptop and you'll get better answers.
    Yeah heard lots of good stuff about it, I've updated my post as well.

  13. #12
    Organized Chaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Gender
    male
    Location
    I need smoke
    Posts
    5,426
    Reputation
    1317
    Thanks
    1,584
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Get an Asus Rog system

  14. #13
    smetonas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    347
    Reputation
    16
    Thanks
    31
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by Organized Chaos View Post
    Get an Asus Rog system
    Own one atm, it's a great laptop, but I'm looking for something else in a laptop atm.

  15. #14
    Hector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Keke do you stalk me
    Posts
    1,967
    Reputation
    902
    Thanks
    408
    My Mood
    Hungover
    would you prefer a macbook or an ipad pro



    Member since July 2018
    Premium Member since 2018
    Newsforce till April 2019
    Cocksucker since May 2019



  16. #15
    Darth Hacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    299
    Reputation
    138
    Thanks
    13
    My Mood
    Amused
    Alienware is da best bro

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [WTB] Need a refunder for a new laptop (UK)/(EU)
    By Kieran_OG in forum Buying Accounts/Keys/Items
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-24-2018, 07:50 AM
  2. [Serious] Need suggestion for a good Laptop. (Price around 400-500)
    By tgaergaegerggrrg in forum General
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-30-2018, 05:55 PM
  3. Yo kids I'm back and I need suggestions for a new GMod cheat.
    By TheyCallMeDaz in forum Garry's Mod Discussions & Help
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 04-25-2014, 09:42 AM
  4. suggestions for a new harold bypass
    By mgrung in forum Combat Arms Hacks & Cheats
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-13-2008, 06:30 PM
  5. Suggestions for a New OS
    By Doupleganger in forum General
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 01-15-2008, 12:04 PM