Thanks

Post Future of RotMG private servers?

Hello everyone.

Just something I was thinking about, sense every RotMG private server is running on flash, what will happen in the future?

I know this is not the biggest cause in the "Fall of Private Servers", but it could mean that no new ones will ever be made.

What are your thoughts on this?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by AmbushGuild View Post
    Hello everyone.

Just something I was thinking about, sense every RotMG private server is running on flash, what will happen in the future?

I know this is not the biggest cause in the "Fall of Private Servers", but it could mean that no new ones will ever be made.

Future of private servers depends on the future of RotMG itself. In my opinion RotMG and PServers itself will slowly die as time passes... RotMG could be a timeless game for many... but with it's current state... it's going downhill. Unity Port will give a short boost and such... but as long as Deca is Deca... you can't expect anything.

The fall of private servers is because there are no longer dedicated developers that actually care about the game (back around 2016-17 is when the majority of people left)
    Last edited by Demon; 07-08-2019 at 09:05 PM.
    Nice

I Think The Worst Thing You Can Do About a Situation Is Nothing
    Thanks
    Hello everyone.

The only viable server is Rotf(replaced nillys) but if rotmg will die pservers will follow along :/

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Hello everyone.

the current p server community state is probably at its lowest, despite a few people who have hung around but its slowly dying, mabye a unity port will being some life back to servers but as a whole theres not many developers left who know what they are doing or know the inside outs of ROTMG, i give the community say 2-5 more years (mabye a few more)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    I've been trying to make a re-release of Atlas, but it has been hard to stay motivated. Full-time job, taking care of my 10-month-old son, I spend my free time relaxing instead of working on my project.

The developers of years ago are probably older individuals, who have lives, or have just grown apart from RotMG.

My weapon is a backpack.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Invader_Zim For This Useful Post:

AzzyG (07-19-2019),Orbit (07-17-2019)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    as zim said, everyone grew up LOL

but yeeeeeeeaaaaaahhhhhhh, this section was in its prime from 2013-2017, all the good actually experienced devs came along at one point, you know, people who could actually make a difference and educate others, not just provide a source, show how to setup, and leave it as that, these people were actually teaching others, you know, motivating everyone pretty much. But then they all slowly started quitting, as they probably grew up realizing that this isnt gonna pay bills.

as for what you said about the flash stuff, flash will always be available to use, its just not going to be supported for updates and fixes in the future, you are still going to be able to use it though lol which means that flash-based private servers will always exist forever and ever as long as you bother using it, its just that people want to follow prods route, thinking they can also be multi-millionaire game developers xdxdxd, but realize its not that easy when the time comes, which eventually leads to quitting like most of the other smarter devs realized at an earlier time hence their resignation loooool.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    I know that my top developer partner is working on a solution to the departure of flash.
    However I'm not as savvy as he is so it'd be hard for me to explain without sounding like an idiot. All I know is he keeps saying he's making an AIR client, whatever that means.

But the doom and gloom is probably well placed. I've only recently gotten the band back together because enough people jabbed at me saying it would be fun to run a pserver again. It's not even my first choice in games to make a pserver for but it's the only one I have any experience in so here we are. I would murder each and every person in a maternity ward for access to the files for Survived By.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bashful
    I think you guys are jumping the gate, as a server owner I know there is still a lot of room for more servers aswell as room for older servers to improve like UTR and Valor, not to mention Shots realms. And there has been a few new servers that I know are improving like ancient resurge, tidan realms, and tk. With tk being the oldest out of the 3. Then there’s domain of magica which I think might be the best pserver to come out after rotf. They have a lot of new features and even have separate item shit what ever you call it, each item has their own id meaning you can find dupes, enchant items, do alot more stuff with.

Some other servers I didn’t mention, project b, dynasty made by pain, dreadbiter which isn’t a pserver anymore but lynxs own game.

Either way I’m just trying to say there is still a ton of progress being made in pserver development, just because you don’t see it doesn’t mean it’s not expanding, there just haven’t been a lot of video creators in the rotmg pserver area recently. YouTube has been awfully dry when it comes to videos or pservers. Even bdwubz stopped making videos. If I were to give a date on the next big “rotmg tool”, “Nillys realm” or “rotf” I’d give it a month or 2 at most. I do love the progress I’ve seen with domain of magica and if tk, ar or tr try harder they too could be big.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by smallpig1 View Post
    I think you guys are jumping the gate, as a server owner I know there is still a lot of room for more servers aswell as room for older servers to improve like UTR and Valor, not to mention Shots realms. And there has been a few new servers that I know are improving like ancient resurge, tidan realms, and tk. With tk being the oldest out of the 3. Then there’s domain of magica which I think might be the best pserver to come out after rotf. They have a lot of new features and even have separate item shit what ever you call it, each item has their own id meaning you can find dupes, enchant items, do alot more stuff with.

Some other servers I didn’t mention, project b, dynasty made by pain, dreadbiter which isn’t a pserver anymore but lynxs own game.

Either way I’m just trying to say there is still a ton of progress being made in pserver development, just because you don’t see it doesn’t mean it’s not expanding, there just haven’t been a lot of video creators in the rotmg pserver area recently. YouTube has been awfully dry when it comes to videos or pservers. Even bdwubz stopped making videos. If I were to give a date on the next big “rotmg tool”, “Nillys realm” or “rotf” I’d give it a month or 2 at most. I do love the progress I’ve seen with domain of magica and if tk, ar or tr try harder they too could be big.
    Jeez. You kind of make it sound intimidating. My humble server will likely have none of that fancy stuff aside from a few decent ideas poorly executed.
    But it is encouraging to know that there's a lot still going on behind the scenes with some of them.