Thread: 🤔

Thanks

🤔

Is rotmg even worth playing anymore. I stopped about a year ago because the game was getting really repetitive. Saw some new updates and want to know if i should get back on.

Thanks
    who tf titles a thread with a emoji.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to En236 For This Useful Post:

Royce (07-12-2019)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    In the long run, no. If you just playing to chill with homies, go for it otherwise it's just a mindless grind.
    Last edited by citydrifter; 07-11-2019 at 04:54 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    I personally stopped playing because of the permanent death aspect to the game.

If there wasn't any perma-death, but rather just made more dungeons scale in increasing difficulty as people got more geared, I'd play.

And the "death" aspect could still be in the game, just simply kicking the player out of the dungeon when they die.
    T W I C E
    NaJeongMoSaJiMiDaChaeTzu
    TWICE - One In A Million

News Force Head Editor 09/2018
    Publicist 11/2017
    Global Moderator 09/2017
    Minion+ 04/2017
    Market Place Minion 04/2017
    Minecraft Minion 02/2017
    Realm of the Mad God Minion 11/2016

Middleman 09/2016
    News Force Editor 08/2016
    News Force (Section of the Week) 03/2016
    News Force (User News) 10/2015

Donator 03/2015
    Realm of the Mad God Editor 05/2014
    Member 12/2012

-=Gifts=-
    [Organized Chaos]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlwong View Post

If there wasn't any perma-death, but rather just made more dungeons scale in increasing difficulty as people got more geared, I'd play.

And the "death" aspect could still be in the game, just simply kicking the player out of the dungeon when they die.
    Isn't the perma death the main factor of the game though, That's what got me interested to be honest. What drove me off is how much money one would have to pay to actually sustain in the game, the reward factor for being a good player and being a player that has spent lots on vaults and char slots and pets is disappointing.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Time View Post

Isn't the perma death the main factor of the game though, That's what got me interested to be honest. What drove me off is how much money one would have to pay to actually sustain in the game, the reward factor for being a good player and being a player that has spent lots on vaults and char slots and pets is disappointing.
    Perma-death is a good thing if they could balance it against the economy of the game. The economy for high-tier items fell when they added a P2W option in the Nexus shops, and made an easy way for people to pay for a quick way to level their pets up.

Too many times I'm dying to stupid bugs and watching the work I've put in go down the drain.

I like a good grind but it feels like I get burnt out after playing too much.

Another issue, as you've pointed out, is the lack of vault spaces for those who play F2P. It was good they added the reward calendar but it doesn't get F2P people nearly enough vault chests.

The introduction of pets made the game broken and lowered the skill gap. They tried fixing this by adding harder dungeons but it also became a lag fest of a dungeon.

I think as a game you only spend a few hours per month/year playing, it's fine but I wouldn't invest my time into grinding this game to watch all the progress go away.

My opinion is also affected by other MMOs I've played. While they were a lot more frustrating with certain aspects like RNG enchanting, it felt like the grind was worth it as I was progressing and didn't get gated by a complete reset.
    Last edited by Ahlwong; 07-12-2019 at 02:07 AM.
    T W I C E
    NaJeongMoSaJiMiDaChaeTzu
    TWICE - One In A Million

News Force Head Editor 09/2018
    Publicist 11/2017
    Global Moderator 09/2017
    Minion+ 04/2017
    Market Place Minion 04/2017
    Minecraft Minion 02/2017
    Realm of the Mad God Minion 11/2016

Middleman 09/2016
    News Force Editor 08/2016
    News Force (Section of the Week) 03/2016
    News Force (User News) 10/2015

Donator 03/2015
    Realm of the Mad God Editor 05/2014
    Member 12/2012

-=Gifts=-
    [Organized Chaos]

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ahlwong For This Useful Post:

Royce (07-12-2019)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy
    Perma-death is a good thing if they could balance it against the economy of the game.
    Not sure when you started but it felt balanced back in 2011~ when you had resurrection ammys costing a certain amount of fame allowing you to play more dangerously etc

I agree with the rest of yours and times points though, I'd love to see a remake a bit like Jagex remade 2007 RuneScape which was before they ruined that game and I believe RotMG could get a big following again if a 2010/2011 version was made officially. They can bring in the newer dungeons just make them more balanced as pets wouldn't exist etc

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe For This Useful Post:

citydrifter (07-12-2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Time View Post

For me it was a bit of both of these. The aspect of it being perma death = for the most part I didn't care but the fact that it was so expensive to play a shitty yet interesting game I couldn't find the worth.

Contact me via
    | MPGH IM

Nig Boi since - 12.15.??
    MPGH Member Since - 12.28.08
    MPGH Cocksucker Since - 05.17.12
    MPGH Wiki Manager Since - 11.16.12
    ROTMG Minion Since -10.22.13
    PB Minion Since - 12.12.13

R.I.P Royce Since - 1.13.14
    The Return (ROTMG) since 03.23.15
    GTA Minion since 04.22.15

R.I.P Royce again since 06.28.15
    The Return again(Steam) since 02.28.17
    CrossFire Minion Since -09.20.17
    Fornite Minion Since - 10.10.17

Minion+ since 04.03.2019
    ROTMG Minion since 04.08.2019

"well ain't dat sum shit. Sucks for you, but you did well professionally, and nobody can ever say you would be shit at any future positions. But you just gotta know when to not fuck up, or just go the silent mod route like tommi, or ravallo, or nico." - Doc

Quote Originally Posted by Illuminarly View Post
    Did you refresh the thread and see my comment? No way you replied that quickly