Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy

Question Dodge scripting tool

Hey guys, so a few days ago I had a thought about the game, if you manually input attack patterns for bosses or even just tracked damaging entities, would it be possible to create a dodging script that would be able to dodge all projectiles? And if that’s possible, a follow up would be if you can read enemy attack patterns, would it be possible to make a script to see if there’s no way to dodge (and if an attack would kill you), and if so would auto nexus? (Range for what damage to dodge could be added too)

This would increase your survival immensely, and it’s about as close to being invulnerable as possible.

Of course, it’s possible that you can’t accurately track projectiles, in which case you’d need to do some crazy visual reading that accounts for distance from player and camera rotation, but if it was worked on enough it would be practically a solution to rotmg.

I’m not into rotmg coding as of now, but I’d like to learn and see how plausible something like this would be.

Thanks
    i have a question how would you detect which projectile to dodge if multiple projectiles are aimed at you ( like lets say a medusa bomb and some other projectiles; like possible but requires too much effort)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by hey_ya View Post
    Hey guys, so a few days ago I had a thought about the game, if you manually input attack patterns for bosses or even just tracked damaging entities, would it be possible to create a dodging script that would be able to dodge all projectiles? And if that’s possible, a follow up would be if you can read enemy attack patterns, would it be possible to make a script to see if there’s no way to dodge (and if an attack would kill you), and if so would auto nexus? (Range for what damage to dodge could be added too)

This would increase your survival immensely, and it’s about as close to being invulnerable as possible.

Of course, it’s possible that you can’t accurately track projectiles, in which case you’d need to do some crazy visual reading that accounts for distance from player and camera rotation, but if it was worked on enough it would be practically a solution to rotmg.

I’m not into rotmg coding as of now, but I’d like to learn and see how plausible something like this would be.
    In the client you can do something like layer all the projectile images, instead of manually tracking and just make it seem as it was a rock in the glands for each projectile type. More advanced: implement a way to find the damage of each shot and allow to "take damage" based on the player hp and shots or something like that

I Think The Worst Thing You Can Do About a Situation Is Nothing
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by citydrifter View Post
    In the client you can do something like layer all the projectile images, instead of manually tracking and just make it seem as it was a rock in the glands for each projectile type. More advanced: implement a way to find the damage of each shot and allow to "take damage" based on the player hp and shots or something like that
    This will take too long to code. It will also just kill the concept with rotmg like why would you even play anymore if the risk of dying is 0%

Thanks
    concept is easy as you can explain in in a couple of sentences. you have to map all the projectiles from all the enemies possible and their vectors, then check where is the safe spot and move there - repeat every second or even less.
    you also have to check if there's an impassable object on your way so you would not get stuck or get into that object and catch a protocol error. mind that some tiles decrease your speed or vice versa increase it. etc etc

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Over 7 days since the last post, closed assuming this is resolved. Let me know if not and we can re-open it.

I am not a middleman nor do I buy/sell anything. If you are being contacted by someone off-site from MPGH then it's not me! Please report these to me via PM. Don't be stupid, think first.