Thanks

Lightbulb I am at a loss. Looking for a bit of guidance.

TL;DR - Didn't finish uni because of some health problems, started applying to jobs without my last module, failed, fucked my sleep schedule, fixed sleep schedule but started learning other things on Udemy, due to some problems i got slow progress through things and now I have multiple unfinished studies and I don't know what to do. I need some guidance. Halp.

----------------------------------

Hey there!

I am a "student" from Bulgaria and I am 22 years old. I enrolled in a non-standard university, that isn't even a university, but rather an academy. Its called "Software University" or "SoftUni" but it is basically only programming and nothing else, thus i am technically not a student and I don't have a degree. Now.. i was an average student there. I did some of the homeworks (they had like 20+ exercises for each lecture and when you are trying things out, a single exercise can get out of hand and take up to a couple of hours to complete), I paid good attention to the classes I wanted, but didn't perform top of the class. I understood the concepts, but not the implementation of all of them.

I studied Java, Databases, JavaScript and an orienting module before those three with Java Web being unfinished as of today. Due to some health problems and sleep schedule problems, i haven't really been able to progress. I had some health issues (nothing serious) and i didn't finish my last module (Java Web) and then I waited for the retake session. Then I decided "screw it, i'm just gonna apply for a java job or some internship". I did and they did not take me because i probably failed at the interview tests (these things are a mess at some places, still, thats my fault). Well that discouraged me. I messed up my sleep schedule for a couple of months - going to bed at 4-6AM and waking up at 3-5PM. That was super unhealthy for the mental and I couldn't really make myself study more during these months with that schedule.

Then came December which is like holiday time and i still had this messed up sleeping schedule, but i went back to my hometown to visit the family and after that, i went back to the town where i studied, moved to another place (bad roommates), and its already late January. So i sit myself down and im like "this is it, this is the year, I will be going to bed @ 24:00 and i will put the phone down no later than 1:00am and I will get up @ 8:00-9:00", and so i did that for about 3 months.

I find udemy courses on this website for a very good price ( Coming from Bulgaria where the average salary is 400$ price is a big factor ) and i was like, hey, this is so much knowledge for dirt cheap, i'll buy some. So i got some and i started going through a C++/UE4 course, but then they announced they are remastering it two weeks in. So i stop doing that one and go into C++, i went through 80% of the course and decided to switch to another UE4 course which im about 35% through. I did loosely follow the previously mentioned sleep schedule but I was straying a bit.

And then some random night @ 3:00AM my roommate (who I am bound to live with and we've made a mutual agreement to live together, because I am living off my parents and can't afford to live alone) tells me that he can't live anymore with roommate №2 and is literally leaving *tomorrow*. Well that fucked my plans quite a bit and i started thinking of what to do, even going back to my home town until he sorts his things out which basically put me at a pause. Couple of weeks go by and my roommate is like "we are gonna stay in this apt for another month" and im like okay. Couple weeks go by and I'm asking him "so when are we leaving" and he is like "Oh, we gun live here a month or two more". I had quite a bit of stress around this moving because i've moved 4 times already and moving my things involves a full day of work, my parents have to come from my hometown to help me move my things etc. (just hard). So there goes a month of unnecessary stress where I don't do anything and i literally fuck up my sleep schedule again. I recently applied for 4-5 intern jobs and I haven't really gotten any replies. I applied with this CV.

I don't know if you've read all of this but I don't really know what to do right now. Do I complete my Udemy courses? Do I just go and finish my Java Web module? Do I do all of the exercises for Java and put them on ****** so I have a visible activity + remember Java because more or less a year has passed, do I keep applying for intern jobs, do I start a "normal" job like a call-center and slowly keep learning.. My motivation hasn't really been high. I get a sudden burst of motivation when I think about having a job, starting out my life on my own, affording things on my own, actually coding stuff, but i see so much work ahead of me that this motivation spike just dies off.

What do you think? What should I do. I kind of really need a solid advice. Thank you if you've come this far.

Thanks
    I'll be honest, I can say nothing good to push you up. I took "the hard way" my self and kind of know how it is.
    However, what I can say you is, C++ is a nice Programming language and there is nothing wrong to learn it, but the bad news is:
    If u didn't studied Computer Science, nobody will give you a Job as C++ Programmer with no experience
    My Advice is, learn and apply for Jobs to newer popular Technologies, like NodeJS, Angular, or Go-Lang, or even Rust or something else, a new PHP or Java Framework, I'm not too much involved with that. There you have to watch out yourself what Companies use and you would like to do.
    less People which think they can do it > less applications > higher chance to get the Job ^^
    Good Luck on everything

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MikeRohsoft For This Useful Post:

Nathr (07-23-2019)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bashful
    Damn it really sounds like your up shit creek with out a paddle but my advice to you is keep on moving forward with what ever class's are at your disposal also if your room mate cannot hack it anymore living with you then that is his or her fault not yours, further more look into something called 5 htp it's a sleep suppliment that should help you keep your sleep schedule, also it seems like your dealing with quite a bit of depression as well not to sound like a dick but I would suggest seeking some professional help and getting that taken care of I've studied psychology for years and have a degree in it so I can spot when something is bothering someone, take care of your self and then worry about others. don't let the stress of class's get you down, and to play off the words of the previous poster PUSH THROUGH TILL THE VERY END, motivation is a figment of our imaginations it's what gets us out of bed in the morning find something your truely passionate about and stick with it.

hope you work through your baggage. & I wish you the best of luck.

Kind regards.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to PhluxMedia For This Useful Post:

Nathr (07-24-2019)

Thanks
    Fuck, just focus on future dude