Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Hungover
    It's good to join gym but the result varies for each person
    I was 62kg and to gain 15kg it took me 1year plus I want to keep it natural dint take any supplements.
    But my friend gained 15kg in 6 months.
    Be consistent, follow a proper diet...I bet in 1 month you can feel the difference. Make it your routine.

Thanks
    It depends on how much effort you apply, how often you go, how well you eat/sleep etc. I'd say you could put on a solid 15-20lbs with the correct mentality & a majority of it wouldn't be fat.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by sasori~ View Post
    It depends on how much effort you apply, how often you go, how well you eat/sleep etc. I'd say you could put on a solid 15-20lbs with the correct mentality & a majority of it wouldn't be fat.
    When it comes to consistency, then every day for an entire year (as I am buying 3 month subscription, as I am a pensionaire, therefore it becomes cheaper), and eat as much healthy proitine as possible, like every morning an hour before gym make big enough breakfast where the body can feed to be ready enough for the 2 hour GYM stuff (yeah, 120 minutes is the limit in the location), all I would wish to achieve is have healthy enough upper chest where I can be comfortable enough to go out without the shirt on, so a lot of work is coming on my way, but that won't be happening till later of the year due to financial difficulty.
    Reputation power: 56
    If I helped you in any way or shape of form, it's always appreciated to thank or give a rep!

| [ Rules ] | [ Market Place ] | [ Scammers Grave ] | [ Report a scammer ] |

Achievements:
    News Force - 08-23-2018 - 10-02-2018
    Middleman - 05-09-20 - 19-12-2020
    Former Staff - 19-12-2020 - On-going

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Index.php View Post

When it comes to consistency, then every day for an entire year (as I am buying 3 month subscription, as I am a pensionaire, therefore it becomes cheaper), and eat as much healthy proitine as possible, like every morning an hour before gym make big enough breakfast where the body can feed to be ready enough for the 2 hour GYM stuff (yeah, 120 minutes is the limit in the location), all I would wish to achieve is have healthy enough upper chest where I can be comfortable enough to go out without the shirt on, so a lot of work is coming on my way, but that won't be happening till later of the year due to financial difficulty.
    Calculate your eer LINK
    (I noticed you said your metabolism was high, this will help with knowing how much you need to keep weight)

To start, our bodies have a weight it considers homeostasis. You're quite underweight so I think it will be easy for your body to adjust to a higher weight. The "safe" method of gaining weight is to increase your daily intake by 500 calories those gaining you about a pound (.45 kg) a week. Pound (.45 kg) is about 3500 calories. This isn't exact, and I doubt you're going for only muscle. Doing this will get you around .25lb - .5lb pound of muscle with the proper training with remainder of the pound being fat.

I put safe in parentheses because this does weird things to your body. Training to reach this amount requires a significant amount of weight baring exercises that can cause a range of injuries, some bad others cosmetic. Train safe, try to take in 75-100 carbs in the day before a workout, and drink water. I'm not sure how much you've already done, but it's said that about a month into active exercise before our body will start to release larger amounts of endorphins (haven't done much more than surface level research, take it with a grain of salt).

I'll keep my personal experiences with gaining weight short. I went from 54kg to 64kg for power lifting comps, specifically bench press. I kept at 3% or lower body fat and the result of gaining that much weight has put incredible stretch marks on my body. Most are only a few cm's long and about a 1cm thick, but some came to 10cm+ and 3cm thick. Expect pains from growing this quick, never stop going to the gym (literally show up and chill for 15 minutes as long as you go), and avoid preworkout, that shit is poison.

One last thing, eatthismuch.com is a super easy tool for meal prep.
    Hope I helped.
    Last edited by Iggy; 08-17-2019 at 12:48 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Iggy For This Useful Post:

Charion (08-17-2019)

Thanks

Post upper body pic so we can tell you what to do.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by InCognito View Post

Post upper body pic so we can tell you what to do.
    The picture is slightly off angle and hasn't taken perfectly, it's cause I'm still embarrassed with my body, even my arms like from wrist to elbow aren't that big

https://imgur.com/KHmESFa
    If I helped you in any way or shape of form, it's always appreciated to thank or give a rep!

Achievements:

Thanks
    Don't just work on your chest, run a decent program like PPL for a year and you'll see good results and build a good foundation. People overthink training when starting out. Just show up to the gym consistently, eat plenty (roughly 500 calorie surplus) and get a decent amount of protein. People will probably tell you to eat about 1 gram of protein per lb of BW, but you might find this hard starting out if you don't eat a lot. I personally shoot for 120 grams a day and weigh 168lbs and gain mass fine when bulking. Most of its overplayed by companies marketing protein products and it's caught on as the recommended amount.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by KmXSrd View Post
    Don't just work on your chest, run a decent program like PPL for a year and you'll see good results and build a good foundation. People overthink training when starting out. Just show up to the gym consistently, eat plenty (roughly 500 calorie surplus) and get a decent amount of protein. People will probably tell you to eat about 1 gram of protein per lb of BW, but you might find this hard starting out if you don't eat a lot. I personally shoot for 120 grams a day and weigh 168lbs and gain mass fine when bulking. Most of its overplayed by companies marketing protein products and it's caught on as the recommended amount.
    I am not going to "just" work on my upper chest, but it's the priority to get it into a shape where I feel most comfortable in without feeling ashamed to walk around during the summer without having a shirt or along those lines.

Achievements:

Thanks

The picture is slightly off angle and hasn't taken perfectly, it's cause I'm still embarrassed with my body, even my arms like from wrist to elbow aren't that big

https://imgur.com/KHmESFa
    Don't get fat, just start with a bro split and eat 1 more meal than you usually do right now. If you eat enough to gain weight without muscles RN, you will end up looking skinny fat and gross. Hit those compound movements, AKA bench press, squats, and deadlift even if its a small weight. It doesn't look like you need to do isolation movements right now because all your auxiliary muscles are too small and need gains from compounds lifts.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to InCognito For This Useful Post:

Charion (08-17-2019)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy View Post

Calculate your eer LINK
    (I noticed you said your metabolism was high, this will help with knowing how much you need to keep weight)

To start, our bodies have a weight it considers homeostasis. You're quite underweight so I think it will be easy for your body to adjust to a higher weight. The "safe" method of gaining weight is to increase your daily intake by 500 calories those gaining you about a pound (.45 kg) a week. Pound (.45 kg) is about 3500 calories. This isn't exact, and I doubt you're going for only muscle. Doing this will get you around .25lb - .5lb pound of muscle with the proper training with remainder of the pound being fat.

I put safe in parentheses because this does weird things to your body. Training to reach this amount requires a significant amount of weight baring exercises that can cause a range of injuries, some bad others cosmetic. Train safe, try to take in 75-100 carbs in the day before a workout, and drink water. I'm not sure how much you've already done, but it's said that about a month into active exercise before our body will start to release larger amounts of endorphins (haven't done much more than surface level research, take it with a grain of salt).

I'll keep my personal experiences with gaining weight short. I went from 54kg to 64kg for power lifting comps, specifically bench press. I kept at 3% or lower body fat and the result of gaining that much weight has put incredible stretch marks on my body. Most are only a few cm's long and about a 1cm thick, but some came to 10cm+ and 3cm thick. Expect pains from growing this quick, never stop going to the gym (literally show up and chill for 15 minutes as long as you go), and avoid preworkout, that shit is poison.

One last thing, eatthismuch.com is a super easy tool for meal prep.
    Hope I helped.
    I was so confused by the first link LOL

Achievements:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Chatty
    I haven't been under weight before but, but I've been going to the gym for about 3 months. Since those 3 months, my arms are bigger (like considerably bigger, not big as those gym junkies, but for me they gotten a lot bigger), chest is more defined, upper body is a bit wider, shoulders muscles are more defined, just starting seeing my abs a little.

Thats all within 3 months. Given that prior to those 3 months, I ran 1 hour a day for about 1 month. So I did drop about 7kg before I started going to the gym. Not gonna lie, it feels really good, after you finish a session at the gym. Your body may be aching and you may be in pain, but still feels really good.

Down side is, you may find yourself staring at your body in the mirror a lot lol. I worked hard for what my body is right now, so I'm gonna admire it.

For you I think you should just eat a lot but eat clean and lift weights to get bigger.
    Last edited by Allura; 08-17-2019 at 05:13 PM.
    I barely use MPGH IM, Send me a private message to reach me faster!
    Also I currently don't sell anything!

DD/MM/YYYY
    Joined MPGH: 07/02/2017
    Premium: 08/02/2017 - ∞
    Newsforce (HOTW): 07/06/2017 - ∞
    Publicist: 06/11/2017 - 12/04/2018
    Minion (Minecraft): 23/12/2017 - ∞
    Minion (Cryptocurrency Talks): 01/05/2018 - ∞

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Allura For This Useful Post:

WarGrym (08-18-2019)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    How to put on weight: https://www.mpgh.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1405508

Not hard just you gotta put in some effort. Aim for 550 calories surplus everyday, you'll gain 0.5kg/week or 1.1lb/week. Bulk till you feel suicidal, then shred back down and repeat.

Typically I feed up on a lot of pasta, rice, chicken and whole milk. Add in some multivit and veg where poss
    Last edited by Danny; 08-17-2019 at 05:17 PM.

I am not a middleman nor do I buy/sell anything. If you are being contacted by someone off-site from MPGH then it's not me! Please report these to me via PM. Don't be stupid, think first.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    How to put on weight: https://www.mpgh.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1405508

Not hard just you gotta put in some effort. Aim for 550 calories surplus everyday, you'll gain 0.5kg/week or 1.1lb/week. Bulk till you feel suicidal, then shred back down and repeat.

Typically I feed up on a lot of pasta, rice, chicken and whole milk. Add in some multivit and veg where poss
    You just high jacked my comment lol

I'll crush your face with my legs.
    @Index.php
    Last edited by Iggy; 08-17-2019 at 06:10 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
    You just high jacked my comment lol

I'll crush your face with my legs.
    @Index.php
    You sure about that?
    'Cause, I haven't shown you my legs

Achievements:

Thanks

You sure about that?
    'Cause, I haven't shown you my legs
    Legs are like the easiest body part to train, people underestimate their legs. You could honestly leg press like 450 pounds in a year if you really try.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast