Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy

Question Creating and sharing content - Looking for ideas

Hi everyone,

I've recently found a job, making me leave home at 7 am, and coming back at 8 pm; and I repeat this scheme 5 days a week.

Before that, I passed a diploma, and then, I've been free during one entire year, doing nothing but browsing, watching youtube,
    playing games (especially online games)...

Since I started working, I feel too tired at night, during the week, to have hobbies, and my time is limited on weekends.
    Here's why I want to avoid any task that consumes a lot of time, but gives little to no reward. I don't want to loose time anymore.
    I've spend thousands of hours just playing video games, and it didn't improve my life.

I'm looking for a hobby I can be proud of, and that will require and bring some knowledge and skills I can use later on.

I thought of creating a website, or a blog. Something I can share with people. Something I can consider as an achievement.
    I'm just wondering, what kind of content could people be interested in? My life is not interesting enough to make something of it.

Though, I've got some ideas, but maybe an outside view could help.

-Creating and sharing cheats: The only problem is I've never done a hack only by myself.
    I don't have any clue how to start reverse engineering. Coding seems to be the easiest part of creating cheats.
    The most difficult being to understand how the game works, how to bypass its security, and how to manipulate
    its breaches to my advantage.

-Creating a website teaching a language: Probably the best idea, since I speak french, english, and a little bit russian.
    And websites teaching english for french speakers are terrible. Most of language teaching website suck: they require paying,
    and/or the teaching method they use is boring and archaic (but on that side, I don't have any miraculously innovative method).

-Creating a video game: I tried it, but it appeared to be very long and difficult for no result. I used Unity engine with C#,
    but everything is so difficult to achieve alone: making a funny gameplay, good controls, coding AI, making graphics, creating
    nice maps, creating the UI, the music, the story and dialogues, cutscenes... Alone, I won't achieve anything near my dreams.
    Triple-A games are coded by teams of hundreds of people, and it takes them years.

What do you think about all this? I know it's up to me to do something, but maybe you went through a similar situation and
    you can give me some advices.

My goal is to achieve something, to put my skills into practice, to create content, to achieve something and to share it with others...
    but not to make money in the first place.

What do you think about all this? Did you create a some content / a website / a business? How did it work out?
    Last edited by azerty54; 09-21-2019 at 10:55 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Unless you know what you're doing you're better off starting with smaller simpler ideas. Flush it out on paper and break it down into steps that you can do. I know everyone wants to create something magnificent when they wanna start something, but its nearly impossible without the right skillset.

THE EYE OF AN ADMINISTRATOR IS UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO IM GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE IM GONNA BE

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you lose.” - Dave84311

HAVING VIRTUAL DETOX

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Dave84311 For This Useful Post:

azerty54 (09-21-2019)