Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical

Marrying up or down? Which one would you pick? Or have picked

I would for sure marry down, if I ever chose to get married. For a power trip of course.
    Previous Names

Zavior
    Xavier
    Eternity
    Azathoth
    Eternity (again)
    Add me on IM

Please press +Rep or Thanks if you find my work or found something I said helpful

"Endless Void."

Thanks
    My Mood
    Chatty
    Marry up? Marry down? Age wise?

Or is this a reacher/settler thing?

I barely use MPGH IM, Send me a private message to reach me faster!
    Also I currently don't sell anything!

DD/MM/YYYY
    Joined MPGH: 07/02/2017
    Premium: 08/02/2017 - ∞
    Newsforce (HOTW): 07/06/2017 - ∞
    Publicist: 06/11/2017 - 12/04/2018
    Minion (Minecraft): 23/12/2017 - ∞
    Minion (Cryptocurrency Talks): 01/05/2018 - ∞

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Allura View Post
    Marry up? Marry down? Age wise?

Or is this a reacher/settler thing?

Ironically this question did go back to How I meet your mother lmao. However, I was just curious what other people thought. I personally think I rather be same of mind and marry down unless its a insanely rich lady/guy (at those prices I could care less)
    Previous Names

Zavior
    Xavier
    Eternity
    Azathoth
    Eternity (again)
    Add me on IM

Please press +Rep or Thanks if you find my work or found something I said helpful

"Endless Void."

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    nigga what makes u think u will even get married

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Time For This Useful Post:

Danny (10-19-2019),[MPGH]Dave84311 (10-18-2019),[MPGH]Flengo (10-18-2019),Solvi (10-18-2019)

Thanks
    You should marry because you want to spend the rest of your life with that person not because of their income.

prev. Names: HΔSTUR ▬ Sound.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Vicarious For This Useful Post:

Charion (10-18-2019),Eternity (10-18-2019),Poonce (10-18-2019),RespectNF (10-18-2019)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hot
    I mean if we're talking financially ideally they would be on the same level as me or higher...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ferris Bueller For This Useful Post:

Eternity (10-18-2019)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    I mean I like the idea of marrying up. But it really depends on the person. I gotta say, IN GENERAL, old money kids tend to be more likely to be a snobbish asshole. New money, they may also be snobbish assholes but they at least earned it I suppose. Or at least that's how they seem around where I live (which is a college city). It does kinda pain me if my wife earns more than me tho due to the social stigma behind a man earning less. Fucking cultural expectations am I right?
    Rep. Power: 126

Minion: 11/28/12-3/15/14

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Bernard For This Useful Post:

Eternity (10-18-2019)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
    I mean if we're talking financially ideally they would be on the same level as me or higher...
    I get that but as I said if its like 10k more then meh i don't care. But if its like 100k more? ... maybe
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicarious View Post
    You should marry because you want to spend the rest of your life with that person not because of their income.
    Yeah I am only getting married cause culture pressure. I only want a kid and even then I am adopting a BOY.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernard. View Post
    I mean I like the idea of marrying up. But it really depends on the person. I gotta say, IN GENERAL, old money kids tend to be more likely to be a snobbish asshole. New money, they may also be snobbish assholes but they at least earned it I suppose. Or at least that's how they seem around where I live (which is a college city). It does kinda pain me if my wife earns more than me tho due to the social stigma behind a man earning less. Fucking cultural expectations am I right?
    Yeah same. I am trying (as I said trying) to do a self-analysis about what type of person I am and it seems more clearer then ever that I am a sexist, in some ways. Like I think that females should be earning equal as men, long as they are doing the same amount of work and have the same skill set and all else is equal basically. BUT I like watching female protagonist, reading about them and whatnot. BUT I do think for things like becoming a country leader it should be based on skills. So I don't know why I think its ok for some things and not for others. Now for the case of marrying, I want to marry down for a purely power control. I feel like if she looks worse then me, earns less, is less educated then I can control her more then if it was vise versa. As I said for me marrying is not the same as it is for majority of the other people. So am I a sexist? Can you help me shed some light? Tell me why also
    Previous Names

Zavior
    Xavier
    Eternity
    Azathoth
    Eternity (again)
    Add me on IM

"Endless Void."

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternity View Post
    Like I think that females should be earning equal as men, long as they are doing the same amount of work and have the same skill set and all else is equal basically. BUT I do think for things like becoming a country leader it should be based on skills. So I don't know why I think its ok for some things and not for others.

So am I a sexist? Can you help me shed some light? Tell me why also
    1. I think that equal pay for equal work is universally accepted. Idk what you're trying to insinuate when you say "BUT I do think for things like becoming a country leader it should be based on skills". Like, no shit a country leader should be elected based on their skills. I hope you're not trying to insinuate that women can't have those skills.

2. Sexist? Maybe. It just sounds to me like you grew up in a very socially conservative environment, which isn't too surprising. I think the only place where I think people aren't raised socially conservative is like Europe. In America, we got bible thumpers. In Asia (or at least Chinese people based on personal experience), people are also very socially conservative. Middle East is what I imagine maximum social conservatism is. Idk anything about African culture. My Hispanic friends have told me that in South American culture, like Chinese culture, men are generally more valued than women.

In the end, my view on women? Can't live without them. I'm a straight male. I'm attracted to women and hope women find me attractive. And so I try not to be an absolute dick to women and treat them as equals. Wow. Like I know that being straight isn't a good reason to not be sexist, but for the sexist straight troglodytes out there, being an asshole ain't sexy fam.
    Rep. Power: 126

Minion: 11/28/12-3/15/14

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernard. View Post

1. I think that equal pay for equal work is universally accepted. Idk what you're trying to insinuate when you say "BUT I do think for things like becoming a country leader it should be based on skills". Like, no shit a country leader should be elected based on their skills. I hope you're not trying to insinuate that women can't have those skills.

2. Sexist? Maybe. It just sounds to me like you grew up in a very socially conservative environment, which isn't too surprising. I think the only place where I think people aren't raised socially conservative is like Europe. In America, we got bible thumpers. In Asia (or at least Chinese people based on personal experience), people are also very socially conservative. Middle East is what I imagine maximum social conservatism is. Idk anything about African culture. My Hispanic friends have told me that in South American culture, like Chinese culture, men are generally more valued than women.

In the end, my view on women? Can't live without them. I'm a straight male. I'm attracted to women and hope women find me attractive. And so I try not to be an absolute dick to women and treat them as equals. Wow. Like I know that being straight isn't a good reason to not be sexist, but for the sexist straight troglodytes out there, being an asshole ain't sexy fam.

You are from America, you know this is not true (universally equal pay for equal work). Also, I do think females have the skills but where is your female leader at in America? I think the issue for me goes deeper then what you are trying to describe. LETS GET BACK ON TOPIC>
    Last edited by Eternity; 10-18-2019 at 09:52 PM.
    Previous Names

Zavior
    Xavier
    Eternity
    Azathoth
    Eternity (again)
    Add me on IM

"Endless Void."

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Marry down

Bitches only got their looks, once they get older they lose that

THE EYE OF AN ADMINISTRATOR IS UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO IM GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE IM GONNA BE

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you lose.” - Dave84311

HAVING VIRTUAL DETOX

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    Marry down

Bitches only got their looks, once they get older they lose that
    /TheRedPill

haha ya

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    It doesn't matter tbh, each person has their own value of you based on your current cumulative whole from some completely randomly attributes that they value. That changes with time, some people decrease slowly, some rapidly, some increase slowly, some rapidly. So whoever or whatever you marry can change 10 years from now and your value can change 10 from now. Some can lose some limbs or become batshit crazy overnight and then you're fucked. The only thing you can do is maximize your worth.

As my boy Drake once said: Know your worth, nigga.

BRING BACK BT, BRING BACK SAGA, BRING BACK VF, BRING BACK MPGHCRAFT, BRING BACK HABAMON