Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Hello guys! Just want to show off here something cool I created. A cool HeadShots Counter for the Special Ops Mode.

The basic tech behind it is very simple.

On the UnrealScript Class that control the enemy behaviour, I created a boolean variable called HeadShot. Then on the TakeDamage Event of the enemy UnrealScript Class I created a small function to detect which bone of the skeleton was hit by the weapon projectile (in case Head and Neck Bones).

So whenever the weapon projectile hits the Head or Neck Bones, the boolean variable HeadShot is set to true (it begins the code as false).

And then on Kismet there is a node which can read object properties (variables). So I simply added this node to read the variable HeadShot value, and if its true, I made increment in 1 another variable (kismet variable) which is the HeadShot Counter. So that means, each time the player shoots the head of the enemy. the HeadShot Counter will increment in one, so the player performs 3 headhsots on the enemy, the HeadShotCounter will be 3.

Next step is add another counter to count total number of enemies on map. It begins by counting all enemies an add them to an array, and then add an event (Enemy Death), and each time this even occurs, one enemy will be removed fromt the array (ObjectList). So whenever this array becomes empty, that means we killed all enemyes. And after killing all the enemies, then we go there and check for the value of HeadShotsCounter variable. If I want the player to perform at least 10 HeadShots, I need to check if this variable is >= (bigger or equal) than 10. If yes, then the mission is accomplished. If it is < (less) than 10, then mission failed.

It's that simple!

Cheers!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Truly amazed. That's a lot of dedication. Hope you succeed.

Wouldn't making a FPS game had been easier than 3rd person shooter? Allowing you to put more effort on other details.

Anyways, Great Job!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Unknown-Hacker For This Useful Post:

udkultimate (02-08-2020)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown-Hacker View Post
    Truly amazed. That's a lot of dedication. Hope you succeed.

Wouldn't making a FPS game had been easier than 3rd person shooter? Allowing you to put more effort on other details.

Anyways, Great Job!
    Thanks my friend for the compliments it gives me more motivation

In my case, is the opposite. Third Person Shooter is easier for me because of the animations. I would have to use first person animations (hands) for things like sprinting with a gun, running, interacting with some items on screen. The marjority of Mocap Animations I have with me (purchased long time ago), are for full body, and not for first person hands. So changing these animations to make them fit into first person hands would give me a LOT of work (and headaches).

As I am planning for something like Metal Gear, I want to give a Metal Gear Solid style to my game, I decided to make it 3rd Person. The camera angle on initial builds of my game was like Gears of War (over the shoulder). Recently, last month I decided to make it Metal Gear Solid Style and I am very happy with the results.

Other reason is because I became bored of First Person Shooters in general I think I played almost ALL most known FPS Games, and after I played Metal Gear Solid HD Collection on my PSVita Last Year, I decided to make my game Third Person Shooter.

Thanks dude.

---------------------------------------------------

In this small video I show some cool and custom pickup items I created for the #Multiplayer mode, in the best style of #RetroFPS and Classic #FPSGames like @Quake and @Doom. Also you can see the finished HUD for Multiplayer.

https://www.indiedb.com/games/fursan...player-pickups

5. The Following User Says Thank You to udkultimate For This Useful Post:

Unknown-Hacker (02-08-2020)

Thanks
    this is freaking awesome man, I have no idea what I just viewed but it looks super complex.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohsaewon View Post
    this is freaking awesome man, I have no idea what I just viewed but it looks super complex.
    Thanks my friend. It's a Third Person Shooter Game, about the War in Palestine, on which the player plays as a Palestininan Fighter, Resistant, against Israel Army on many missions with various gameplay mode, like stealth, kill all, special ops, and so on.

The game has some elements of Metal Gear Solid and other elements from Call of Duty, a mix between espionage and urban warfare gameplay.

The game is in development, however I will be releasing into chunks, episodes, each episode comes with some maps, weapons and skins, and many gameplay modes, including split screen multiplayer.

Also the game features driveable vehicles, for both single player and multiplayer.

I am sure everyone who likes war games, shooters, will have fun with my game.

I plan to release until March a free demo, and, if time permits, I will try to release alongside this free demo, the Episode 0, ready to purchase.

This will be a comercial game, for PC, however, each episode which you purchase, you will receive, for free, the PS3 and Xbox360 versions for free.

Each episode can be played as a standalone game, or can be installed as a DLC over the previous episode.

The price will be the same for each episode, I am still going to decide the exact price, but this wil be a very cheap, just to cover my development costs. It will be something from U$ 1.99 to U$ 2.49.

I would like to make this game free for the sake of raising awareness of the Palestine Cause, however, my financial conditions now unfortunately don't allow me to make this game for free. Also I recently became father of a wonderful girl, so any copy sold of this game will indeed help me.

Cheers and stay connected.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Fursan al-Aqsa Episode 0 Weapons

Sharpen your Knife, lock and load your Gun, prepare yourself for the Battle. Holy War begins in March 2020.

Select your path towards Victory or Martyrdom, because the Houris (Maidens of Paradise) are waiting you.

Video: https://www.indiedb.com/games/fursan...sode-0-weapons

Last edited by udkultimate; 02-22-2020 at 08:49 AM.

Thanks
    1v1? @CzechOne

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Janitor View Post
    1v1? @CzechOne
    this game or whatever it is is giving me a headache holy shit

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Hello friends. Do not take it too seriously, it is just a game. I am sure many Call of Duty games are more violent than my game.

The question here is because you play as a Palestininan (Arab), and people are used to see Arabs as villains, and "terrorists", because this it may seem strange to have a game where the "bad guys" are the good guys.

I am sure those who like shooter games will enjoy my game. Untill march now I will release a first playable build of my game.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by udkultimate View Post
    Fursan al-Aqsa Episode 0 Weapons

Sharpen your Knife, lock and load your Gun, prepare yourself for the Battle. Holy War begins in March 2020.

Select your path towards Victory or Martyrdom, because the Houris (Maidens of Paradise) are waiting you.

Video: https://www.indiedb.com/games/fursan...sode-0-weapons

Cool progress so far!

THE EYE OF AN ADMINISTRATOR IS UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO IM GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE IM GONNA BE

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you lose.” - Dave84311

HAVING VIRTUAL DETOX

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Dave84311 For This Useful Post:

udkultimate (02-23-2020)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post

Cool progress so far!
    Thanks my friend for the compliments. Yes, I am giving the best of my knowledge and time for this game. This is a result of too much love, passion for game development, and a LOT of dedication and nights asleep.

As I said before, I will release a playable build of my game. Even if I can't finish everything I planned for Episode 0, I will release it, on March, because I want to submit my game to many Indie Game Festival, beginning with BIG Festival - Brazil Indepent Games Festival, also other festivals like IndieCade, BitBash Chicago, Independent Games Festival, and others (which accept games without the developer attend to festival in person)

Cheers, and until next update.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by udkultimate View Post
    Thanks my friend for the compliments. Yes, I am giving the best of my knowledge and time for this game. This is a result of too much love, passion for game development, and a LOT of dedication and nights asleep.

As I said before, I will release a playable build of my game. Even if I can't finish everything I planned for Episode 0, I will release it, on March, because I want to submit my game to many Indie Game Festival, beginning with BIG Festival - Brazil Indepent Games Festival, also other festivals like IndieCade, BitBash Chicago, Independent Games Festival, and others (which accept games without the developer attend to festival in person)

Cheers, and until next update.
    Like Dave said..
    Ever thought about adding a known fighting zone as a map?
    Releasing it with that map in Palestine will probably get you thousands of downloads.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I'm wondering.. why does the character shout out allahu akbar every time he reloads?
    And if you are aiming for some player base in Palestine, I have some suggestions for you that might help in future.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Janitor For This Useful Post:

udkultimate (02-24-2020)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Janitor View Post

Like Dave said..
    Ever thought about adding a known fighting zone as a map?
    Releasing it with that map in Palestine will probably get you thousands of downloads.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I'm wondering.. why does the character shout out allahu akbar every time he reloads?
    And if you are aiming for some player base in Palestine, I have some suggestions for you that might help in future.
    Hello my friend. Yeah, anny suggestions, critics, are welcome, because it shows that people got some kind of interest on my game.

I will for sure add real locations on the game, at least create maps that represent real locations on Palestine (as I wont be able to reproduce 1:1). The only map which is almost 1:1 is the Alaqsa Mosque, because I purchased a realistic 3D model of Alaqsa from turbosquid. This will be the last mission on the game.

I will have other locations, like Old City of Jerusalem, Gaza Strip, Jenin Camp, Telaviv, and others.

However, I will add some small maps (based on Counter Strike) for the Special Ops Mode, which are missions focused on Gameplay Variations, like perform 10 headshots, kill all enemies with a knife, infiltrate an Israeli base, blow up 20 soldiers with a RPG7, survive a wave of drones dropping bombs over you, and other scenarios (to give a better replay value for the game).

As for the Allah Akbar cry, it is well known that muslims in war always shoot out this battle cry, so I found essential for my game have this. I was thinking on making this a kind of health recovery system, each time the player cries out Allah Akbar he would recover his health. However, as I am also developing for Consoles, PS3 and Xbox360, there is no more empty keys to assign this command, I mean, all buttons on the consoles controller are being used (Shoot, Reload, Jump, Crouch, Aim, Change Weapons, Menu, and so on).

I thought on making the player shoot Allah Akbar after killing an enemy, however, after a lot of playing, I realized it gets too much repetitive and boring for player, especially non muslim players.

If you have another idea on how I could trigger the Allah Akbar cry, please, tell me

Cheers, and thanks for the interest on my game.

-------------

Edit:

I forget to say, another reason why I added the Allah Akbar cry on each reload, it is because on the moment the player is reloading, he is vulnerable to the enemy, the player can receive a shoot from the enemy whenever he is reloading. So shooting out
    the Allah Akbar on this moment was kinda the player asking Allah (God) protection against the enemy.
    Last edited by udkultimate; 02-24-2020 at 04:08 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Fursan al-Aqsa Dev Blog #9 - Making-Off Weapons and Projectile Physics

In this article I discuss the technical details of how I created the weapons of my game, and how I did the physics simulations for the projectiles using Unreal Script.

https://www.indiedb.com/games/fursan...ectile-physics

Thanks
    Viva palestina. Good luck with sales.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast