Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Thethirdeye View Post
    Your game seems really intresting i hope everything goes well for you. Shooter games are really hard to make as indie games.
    Thanks mate for the compliments!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by |Cayn| View Post
    Quick question, do you have planned a translation to Spanish for this game? Or any other language?
    Sorry bro, only Portuguese, English and Arabic, which are the 3 languages I fully speak and understand. But my game is not about narrative, it is about action, and as you could see, the texts are basic information about the mission objectives, there is no deep narrative on this game.

It's kind "terrorist simulator"

JUST KIDDING LOL

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Hello friends!

The PS3 Demo was buggy, it was not working on PS3 at 1080p, neither 720p, only 480p.

But I already fixed it, as you can see here:
    https://twitter.com/UdkUltimate/stat...49629166821379

So tomorrow I will launch an updated version of the demo, including the working PS3 Demo, and this new freaking awesome feature, Bullet Time with all its glory :
    https://www.indiedb.com/games/fursan...-time-showcase

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Last edited by udkultimate; 06-21-2020 at 05:35 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Fursan al-Aqsa - Demo feedback and player's reception

In this article I made an analysis of the feedback I received for my game's demo and general player's reception.

Hello my friends,

Today two weeks have passed since the release of Fursan al-Aqsa Training Mission, the free demo of my game, and I came here especially for saying a BIG THANK YOU ALL FOR PLAYING MY GAME, IT HAS BEEN A HUGE SUCCESS WHICH I HAVE NEVER IMAGINED IT COULD BE!

It even topped the list of popular games on IndieDB, as you can see from this screenshot below:

Also the number of downloads is almost reaching 500, and each day there are some new people downloading my game (5 to 10 downloads a day). For some people this number maybe very small, however for me, this is indeed a milestone for my project. For someone who is doing everything alone, and manually, I think I have done an excellent job marketing and promoting my game arround the web.

Despite the strong political and religious content of my game, people simply loved it, especially the gameplay mechanics. My game is being called as "An Islamic Max Payne with the violence of Hotline Miami and the difficulty of Dark Souls".

WOW, having my game compared with some of the most important gaming franchises of all times is simply and honor for me!

I am very optimistic now and I am sure that my game has potential to be one of the best indie game of 2020, Insha Allah (God's willing)!

Other important step I have taken, and I am sure this will help my game to receive even more visibility, is that I sent thousands of press releases for thousands of gaming websites and youtube channels, from small to big ones like IGN and Gamespot. I also submitted my game to many indie events, like BostonFig, IndieCade, Independent Games Festival, Brazil Game Show, Brazil Independent Games Festival, PAX, Bit Summit, and many others.

Until now I received two positive answers, from BostonFig and IndieCade, even though they said my game is still being analysed by the event judges, to decide wether it will be showcased or not. Anyway, I hope they will acept my game, and until these events, I will be able to finish the full game (Episode 1).

So, thanks to Allah (God), and for all this wonderful community, my game is simply kicking asses

My game also received many reviews from Youtubers, even though the marjority of these are from Brazillian Playstation Scene Members, but any review and feedback, for me is VERY IMPORTANT!

So here follows some of the reviews so far.

And here follows some screenshots of another map I am working on, Jenin - The Camp of Resistance:

Again, THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR AWESOME SUPPORT!

Cheers from Brazil and untill next update.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to udkultimate For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]arunforce (08-01-2020)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Hello guys!

Just a small informative update here.

Now I am becoming famous hahaha. Please, take a read on this cool interview with my friend @davechatsgames:
    https://www.davechatsgames.*********...6/ask-the-dev/

And here is the first, of many, gaming press channels talking about my game (it's from Brazil):
    Last edited by udkultimate; 07-09-2020 at 07:26 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    For today I want to showcase the WIP of this new map I am working for my game. Now I already exported the level geometry to Unreal Engine 3 and made the exterior lighting. Next step will be add the props.

Another new update:

Please take a look at this gameplay of #FursanAqsaGame by my friend @thegeek40. My game is very optimized for running on almost any PC, but on actual gen PC (gaming pcs) it runs at 60fps or even more!

That's a great achievement!

And here is the game running at 250 fps on a top notch gaming PC:

https://twitter.com/UdkUltimate/stat...27758769672199

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    For today's #screenshotsaturday I want to showcase the new props I added to my map, still have a bunch of others to add, but I think they are fitting well together. I also changed some textures. #FursanAqsaGame #Palestinewillbefree #UE3 #UnrealEngine #indiedev #indiegames #3DSMax

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by udkultimate View Post
    Hello guys! Just want to show off here something cool I created. A cool HeadShots Counter for the Special Ops Mode.

The basic tech behind it is very simple.

On the UnrealScript Class that control the enemy behaviour, I created a boolean variable called HeadShot. Then on the TakeDamage Event of the enemy UnrealScript Class I created a small function to detect which bone of the skeleton was hit by the weapon projectile (in case Head and Neck Bones).

So whenever the weapon projectile hits the Head or Neck Bones, the boolean variable HeadShot is set to true (it begins the code as false).

And then on Kismet there is a node which can read object properties (variables). So I simply added this node to read the variable HeadShot value, and if its true, I made increment in 1 another variable (kismet variable) which is the HeadShot Counter. So that means, each time the player shoots the head of the enemy. the HeadShot Counter will increment in one, so the player performs 3 headhsots on the enemy, the HeadShotCounter will be 3.

Next step is add another counter to count total number of enemies on map. It begins by counting all enemies an add them to an array, and then add an event (Enemy Death), and each time this even occurs, one enemy will be removed fromt the array (ObjectList). So whenever this array becomes empty, that means we killed all enemyes. And after killing all the enemies, then we go there and check for the value of HeadShotsCounter variable. If I want the player to perform at least 10 HeadShots, I need to check if this variable is >= (bigger or equal) than 10. If yes, then the mission is accomplished. If it is < (less) than 10, then mission failed.

It's that simple!

Cheers!

Is that your PC, may I know your specs PC
    Anything can PM me. I'm from Malaysia.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ticherhaz For This Useful Post:

udkultimate (08-01-2020)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuhrain View Post

Is that your PC, may I know your specs PC
    hello mate, yes it is my pc. but it broke, the motherboard burned after 10 years. it was an ASUS ROG G60JX NOTEBOOK I7 QUAD CORE 8GB RAM NVIDIA GTS 360M 1GB VRAM.

Now I am using my wife's SONY VAIO VPCF111FB I5 DUAL CORE 6GB RAM NVIDIA GTS 300M 1GB RAM. It is less powerful than my ASUS, but at least I can finish the development of my game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GooDMan_Shop View Post
    I don't really like
    Ok man, you are free to dislike my game. But I am sure if you download and play it, and if you like shooter games, you will like my game.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    hello mate, yes it is my pc. but it broke, the motherboard burned after 10 years. it was an ASUS ROG G60JX NOTEBOOK I7 QUAD CORE 8GB RAM NVIDIA GTS 360M 1GB VRAM.

Now I am using my wife's SONY VAIO VPCF111FB I5 DUAL CORE 6GB RAM NVIDIA GTS 300M 1GB RAM. It is less powerful than my ASUS, but at least I can finish the development of my game.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok man, you are free to dislike my game. But I am sure if you download and play it, and if you like shooter games, you will like my game.
    If you wanna team up and make some killer games that will make a ton of money HMU. I need driven and skilled devs.

BRING BACK BT, BRING BACK SAGA, BRING BACK VF, BRING BACK MPGHCRAFT, BRING BACK HABAMON

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by arunforce View Post

If you wanna team up and make some killer games that will make a ton of money HMU. I need driven and skilled devs.
    battletale reboot? @Flengo @Hero @Time @Wyo

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shadow For This Useful Post:

Ahmad (08-17-2020),[MPGH]arunforce (08-02-2020),[MPGH]Time (08-04-2020)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by arunforce View Post

I been ready for this dawg lets get it going
    I Read All Of My PM's & VM's
    If you need help with anything, just let me know.

VM | PM | IM
    Staff Administrator Since 10.13.2019
    Publicist Since 04.04.2015
    Middleman Since 04.14.2014
    Global Moderator Since 08.01.2013
    Premium Since 05.29.2013

Minion+ Since 04.18.2013

Combat Arms Minion Since 12.26.2012
    Contributor Since 11.16.2012
    Member Since 05.11.2010

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flengo For This Useful Post:

Ahmad (08-17-2020),[MPGH]Time (08-04-2020)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    battletale reboot? @Flengo @Hero @Time @Wyo
    yeah man, wanted to write a good storyline quest to begin with, lets make our tales come true @arunforce

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Hello guys.

Thanks for the compliments

Yeah, why not joing a group of other talented devs to make something great and earn money.

Now I realized that being a solo developer is VERY HARD, but this is a personal realization. I am close to release the first episode of this game, as I always wanted to make something alone and see what happens (to have some kinda portfolio).

But for sure, the next games I plan to make, I will team up with other people, as like it is said, 2 heads together think better than just 1.

Cheers and thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, I forgot to showcase this:

https://www.indiedb.com/games/fursan...n-ps3-at-60fps
    Last edited by udkultimate; 08-04-2020 at 10:07 AM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to udkultimate For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Time (08-06-2020)

Thanks

Assalamu Alaykum (Peace be with you)

As you may know, recently I had to put offline my project UDK Ultimate Engine (the custom build of UDK Engine with PS3 and Xbox360 Export Support) for copyrights reasons (EPIC asked me to do this), however, they were very kind with me and allowed me to keep using my custom version of UDK to publish my games, I even signed with them an Unreal Engine License Commercial Amendment, so now I am a Licensed Unreal Engine Developer and I am ready to pursue my dream of life!

#################################

DISCLAIMER: In this game, the player does not shoot Israeli civilians, women, children, elderly, only soldiers. Also in this game there are NO images of sexual content, illicit drugs, religious desecration, hate of speech against any group, ethnicity or religion, anti-Semitist propaganda against Jews, Nazi propaganda or boasting of any terrorist groups and / or other unlawful acts. This game only contains the virtual representation of the Palestinian Resistance Movement against the Israeli Military Occupation, which is officially recognized by the United Nations (UN). I even sent this project for Brazillian's Government Justice Department, Age Rating Sector (kinda Brazillian ESRB) for their approval and age rating. This project was approved, now I am just waiting for the Age Rating Information of my game which will be available very soon on their website.

I am Brazillian, from Arab ascendance, my father is from Palestine, and something I never revealed before, and one of the biggest reasons of me creating this game, is that my father was a Fighter of the Palestine Resistance Movement, he fought against Israel Army in the Lebanese Civil War on the 70's, and from since I was a kid, I felt too much proud of my father and the Palestine People in General, because of their Strenght and Constant Resistance. So this game is kinda tribute to the Brave People of Palestine and their Resistance against Military Occupation.

Fursan al-Aqsa - Knights of al-Aqsa Mosque is a Third Person Action Game on which you play as Ahmad al-Ghazzawi, a young Palestinian Student who was unjustly tortured and jailed by Israeli Soldiers for 5 years, had all his family killed by an Israeli Airstrike and now after getting out from the prison he seeks revenge against those who wronged him, killed his family and stolen his homeland.

This game is being developed during the course of 4 years by one person (me, Nidal Nijm), in a custom version of UDK Engine (Unreal Engine 3), using the best technology to tell a compelling story through a game packed with non stop action, advanced 3D graphics and modern gameplay mechanics, however keeping the soul of old school shooters. You will play in missions accross ground, sea and sky, you have many objectives to accomplish in each mission, epic bosses battles, powerful guns, vehicles to drive, helicopters to take down, and much more. Expect a LOT of Action and Adrenaline!!!

This game also is greatly inspired by Hideo Kojima's Metal Gear Solid, Call of Duty Modern Warfare and Insurgency Sandstorm.

I hope you enjoy this game and support me by purchasing it, Insha Allah (God's Willing). I decided to release this game as episodes (missions), each mission by a symbolic value just to cover my development costs, as everyone knows that develop a game is not an easy task, it takes a lot of time and efforts. It will be a very small value, however any copy sold of this game is very important and will trully help me. Please buy this game to support me (whenever I release it), Insha Allah (God's Willing), because I trully need your help!

I hope untill the end of this month (november) release a free demo of this game (for PC, PS3 and Xbox360), so people can enjoy and feel what my game is about, enjoy the gameplay, feel the action. I plan to make something similar to Metal Gear Solid VR Missions (If you may remember), on which I will teach the player the basis of the Gameplay, like training the player for the true battle that will come on the final game. About the first episode (mission), I hope to release it untill the end of December, beginning of January 2020.

Now I will show you some trailers of the game itself, a beta version of this game. I am already redoing everything from scratch, remaking the models, animations, and maps, raising the overall quality, polishing things here and there, to deliver a high quality product for all people enjoy.

Also you can see the new updated model for my character protagonist, and the difference between the new player model and the old one, so you all can be sure I am commited to do my best on this game. These old models were just placeholders for me develop the basic game programming framework and features.

#################################

Because of Anti-Spam rules on this forum, I can't post here the link to my game page, however, just search on google fursan al aqsa game and you will see the game's profile on IndieDB. Just access that page to view all informations related to my game.

Cheers.
    How interesting, will have a look. For the record I'm Jewish

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast