Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

MPGH Development Team Applications

As you may have noticed, there are currently a lot of ongoing projects on MPGH. Apart from the ones that are under development already, there are other things we would like to have developed for MPGH members as well, such as NPCVend. We are looking for developers who are interested to help out the MPGH community by making it better for its members. If you enjoy being on the site and want to contribute to the development of the community, this is a great way to help out! Tasks and deadlines will be given out periodically, failure to meet any of them without prior notice will result in removal.

So, what is the Development Team and what do they do?
    The Development Team is here to help develop and maintain any MPGH projects or software that may be being worked on. They are here to help grow and advanced MPGH to help provide the best experience possible for our members. An example of a possible project is helping with the development of IM. There are a wide range of projects and tools that could use some dedicated development help from the Development Team.

Available Positions:

Backend Developer - JavaScript/NodeJS
    Frontend Developer
    React Native Developer

The requirements to be a Development Team member consist of the following:

• Must be able to manage time well and meet all deadlines.
    • Must be active and have shown a willingness to contribute to MPGH.
    • At least have two months on the site to even be considered.
    • Must be an active member on the site.
    • Must be proficient with the English language.

Benefits:

• User-tag and name colour. (Shown above)
    • Some staff benefits.
    • Other enhancements/access to hidden forums.

Application Format:
    Code:
    Name: (Nicknames are fine)
    Do you have school/work?: (If so what are the usual times and days you will be away)
    Are you staff/special member in any other website: (If so where & what position/usergroup)
    Position you have an interest in: (Please select from the available positions above)
    Development experience: (Give examples if possible)
    Anything else you would like to add:
    APPLICATIONS ONLY!
    All other posts will be deleted and could result in an infraction or ban. Do not solicit people for "support". It is pointless to do so and doing so will result in your application being deleted.
    DO NOT ASK WHEN APPLICATIONS WILL BE CLOSED

We reserve the right to not select a member for any given position.
    This is usually determined by quality of applicants, their history with the site and/or staff and admins.
    I Read All Of My PM's & VM's
    If you need help with anything, just let me know.

VM | PM | IM
    Staff Administrator Since 10.13.2019
    Publicist Since 04.04.2015
    Middleman Since 04.14.2014
    Global Moderator Since 08.01.2013
    Premium Since 05.29.2013

Minion+ Since 04.18.2013

Combat Arms Minion Since 12.26.2012
    Contributor Since 11.16.2012
    Member Since 05.11.2010

2. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Flengo For This Useful Post:

adam7777 (01-17-2020),[MPGH]Ahl (01-18-2020),CzechOne (01-16-2020),Dagger (01-11-2020),FoxHunter (10-21-2023),Hector (05-23-2020),Janitor (01-11-2020),Jhem (01-11-2020),[MPGH]Jov (06-24-2020),[MPGH]meme (01-19-2020),niggo (01-11-2020),Noxey (01-11-2020),RevengeCheats31 (05-07-2020),Future (01-11-2020),Stack (01-16-2020),[MPGH]T-800 (01-11-2020),Ticherhaz (03-15-2021),Xenon~ (01-11-2020)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Name: Core
    Do you have school/work?: Yes, work 5 days a week 8 hours a day.
    Are you staff/special member in any other website: No
    Position you have an interest in: Backend Developer
    Development experience:
    - I've worked on huge amount of projects and examples are too many from Uber clones to educational sites passing by eCommerce platforms.
    - Yes, I've been a part of MPGH for years although I'm not that active nor I have the post count but I would like to contribute to this community with the knowledge I have and the experience I gained which MPGH played a huge role in.
    Check My Newest Adds to the CF Wiki : CrossFire Wiki

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to HaxCore For This Useful Post:

CzechOne (01-20-2020),defaulto (01-19-2020),[MPGH]Jov (01-18-2020),Future (01-20-2020),Stack (01-20-2020),Xenon~ (01-20-2020)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Name: Jacob
    Do you have school/work?: Undergraduates (Computer Science & Cyber Security Dual Major) I have class usually around 9am - 12 noon. Free after and usually during those hours.
    Are you staff/special member in any other website: No.
    Position you have an interest in: Primarily Front End or Backend as I am taking a Full Stack approach to my career.
    Development experience: Mainly side projects, I start developing clones of stuff in other languages advance and learn more complex features syntaxes of a multitude of languages.
    Ironically enough, a couple of days ago, I got bored and started an MPGH clone running an API Server on Express and running the front end through React JS. I am optimistic, and even if I do not get the position or chance to help further improve and develop upon MPGH I do plan on creating the entirety of the project and sending to Staff or Dev team to take a look and implement any features they would like.
    Last edited by Xodius; 01-23-2020 at 09:24 PM.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Xodius For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Beex (03-11-2021),Royce (02-15-2020),Future (01-25-2020),Stack (01-24-2020)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Name: Sol
    Do you have school/work?: No
    Position you have an interest in: Front end/Backend Developer. Willing to learn react-native if required.
    Development experience:
    - I have experience with react, and am looking to learn react-native. I code all day, everyday. So I can hit any deadline.
    - I will test the components & adapt to any workflow. I have had many popular services in mpgh & and am not a time waster.
    Last edited by TheghostFSE; 02-15-2020 at 03:53 PM.
    [IMG]https://thumbs.gfyca*****m/PointedFatalCopepod-size_restricted.gif[/IMG]

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gh0st For This Useful Post:

Janitor (02-15-2020),Future (02-17-2020),Xenon~ (02-24-2020)

Thanks
    Name: Elon
    Do you have school/work?: Work (9am to 6pm).
    Position you have an interest in: Software Developer - C#, C++
    Development experience: 3 years working with C/C++ in Silicon Valley with three of the biggest companies here. Would share my resume, but would like to stay anonymous.
    Anything else you would like to add: I Know I might be knew to this forum, but I've always been around, and I have not contributed much, so I would like to take this opportunity to contribute back to this community. This community has served me alot ,and I would like to offer something back in return.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ElonTusk For This Useful Post:

Hector (05-23-2020),Future (02-25-2020)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Bumping these up with the other set of applications currently running.

VM | PM | IM
    Premium Since 05.29.2013

Minion+ Since 04.18.2013

Member Since 05.11.2010

Thanks

Application

Name: chunterb

Do you have school/work?:
    - I work for myself. So although sometimes busy, it's a very flexible schedule.

Position you have an interest in:
    - Backend Developer - JavaScript/NodeJS
    - Frontend Developer (UX/UI) - React, React Native

Development experience:
    - Fullstack Web
    - Freelance/Contracting with 100% JSS Score On Upwork
    - Currently a development team lead

- I am doing this purely for to help out with something unique in the community. I have been Freelance developing very successfully with my own team of developers under me for the past couple of years. I applied to this about a year ago and was denied because of my post count? Really hoping this shouldn't have an effect on the application if you guys are truly looking for some help. Although I don't post much on the forms, I have been around for quite awhile.

More than willing to provide proof of the experience I have stated in this application via DM.

Thank you

13. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to chunterb For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Beex (03-11-2021),[MPGH]Dave84311 (11-10-2020),Euphemistic (11-01-2020),Felix (09-02-2020),[MPGH]Flengo (01-21-2022),Hentai (09-20-2020),[MPGH]Jov (09-03-2020),[MPGH]Lily (05-10-2021),Matthew (09-02-2020),[MPGH]meme (11-14-2022),RespectNF (09-04-2020),Ticherhaz (03-15-2021),[MPGH]Time (09-04-2020),Xenon~ (02-17-2021)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Still looking for devs to help with multiple different projects

VM | PM | IM
    Premium Since 05.29.2013

Minion+ Since 04.18.2013

Member Since 05.11.2010

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Name: Caleb

Do you have school/work?: Currently a CS Undergrad student, I am free most afternoons after 2 and am always free after 7.

Are you staff/special member in any other website: Have managed many websites and game-servers usually ran by me in the past as a developer or administrator.

The position you have an interest in Software Developer, only really fluent in C++ right now, but I have heard that C# isn't hard to learn if you already are familiar with C++. In my university classes we have been studying C++ for the past year and a half, so that's my strong suit.

Development experience: (Give examples if possible)
    Lot's of experience with game-servers, particularly Mine-craft and Garry's Mod, and being honest with myself, a lot of my development experience comes from my university classes, we have labs every week and I'm not sure if that's even counting as true development experience but I'd love to get my hands dirty and learn new things and actually put my knowledge into doing something that actually matters.

I understand it may be more beneficial to work with someone who may be more qualified as a developer, but I am a student like I said, I will be going into the Computer Science, or software engineer field in the next few years of my future, and I'd love to actually work on something that matters as I stated before. I'm a quick learner so if I don't understand something right away, I'm sure it won't take me long to figure something out and get the job at hand done in an efficient manner. So if you want someone who actually cares about their programming and future, I could be the guy for the job. I've been on mpgh a lot and I'm not a huge contributor but this could be a much better way for me to contribute to this community.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Omnivion For This Useful Post:

Future (10-31-2020)

Thanks
    Name: Haru

Do you have school/work?: Work (9AM-5PM)
    Position you have an interest in: Backend, but am flexible
    Development experience: Worked 3 years fulltime. Have about 4-5 years worth of professional experience. Experience in automotive, medical, education, and delivery logistics

Looking for some stuff to do in my spare time when I'm not working on work and startup stuff.
    - Backend Technologies:
    • PHP
    • NodeJS
    • Kotlin (Micronaut framework)
    • C#

- Frontend Technologies:
    • Vue
    • React/React Native(New)
    • MeteorJS
    Last edited by icyrider; 11-02-2020 at 10:29 PM.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to icyrider For This Useful Post:

Dagger (12-05-2020),[MPGH]Dave84311 (11-10-2020),[MPGH]Jov (11-12-2020),Future (11-04-2020),TheSopranos (02-18-2021)

Thanks
    Name: VLND
    Do you have school/work?: I work from home which means I'm spending time on computer anyway all the time. I'm never away and most likely online about 8-15 hours per day depending on what I have in mind for the day. 8 hours is a bare minimum of me spending my time online. Can spread my work time upon nessessity.
    Position you have an interest in: Frontend, willing to pick up some knowledge on React/React Native.
    Development experience: I used to be a cybersec spec but I'm not interested in that much of an intense environment. Some frontend work has gone through my desk in the past. Worked with LUA, PHP, C and more.
    Anything else you would like to add: Looking forward to obtain new skills and help out to develop the community at my best.

(feel free to contact me upon need)
    Last edited by VLNDGVNG; 12-03-2020 at 11:41 PM.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VLNDGVNG For This Useful Post:

Dagger (12-20-2020),Matthew (12-04-2020),Future (12-07-2020)

Thanks
    Name: Nyssa (keeping it anonymous for now since it's an open thread!)
    Do you have school/work?: Yes. I'm a full time student and work part time.
    Position you have an interest in: Software Developer - C#, Java
    Development experience: The first language I learned was Python back in December of 2016. I've developed a variety of things and worked with various technologies since then. I'm also a senior Computer Science major, and my introductory courses were in Java. I'm starting a position as a research assistant after winter break working with AR games (Unity + C#), and lastly I currently volunteer at a nonprofit helping create a VR (Unity + C#) game.
    Anything else you would like to add: I've been a part of this community for years (though I admittedly have been a lurker for some time) and I've learned and gained so much from it. I'm looking for an opportunity that will allow me - in my free time - to grow my skills whilst benefitting the community which, fun fact, is also why I volunteer at the nonprofit mentioned earlier!
    Last edited by Nyssa al Ghul; 01-02-2021 at 12:33 AM.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nyssa al Ghul For This Useful Post:

Future (02-26-2021),[MPGH]Lily (01-02-2021),Ticherhaz (03-13-2021),Xenon~ (04-07-2021)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    Name: Electha
    Do you have school/work?: Senior Dev. at a fintech company
    Position you have an interest in: Frontend
    Development experience: I'm mostly a frontend dev and I've done most of my projects with React, I've worked with Nextjs, Vue, Sapper, Svelte and i've tried every other framework out there just for curiosity. I've done a few projects with Golang and nodejs. frameworks used are Gin(golang), nestjs(node), molecular(node)
    I like to help anyway i can, i may not have been involved much, but this form has helped me a lot. I'd be glad if i could help.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to electha For This Useful Post:

Future (03-06-2021),Ticherhaz (03-15-2021)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Name: Zuhrain
    Do you have school/work?: Android Dev.
    Position you have an interest in: Software Developer - Java
    Development experience: Developed some apps using Java. I've experience with the PHP Laravel also as the backend.
    It is time for me to contribute to MPGH since 2013.
    Anything can PM me. I'm from Malaysia.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ticherhaz For This Useful Post:

Gravity (03-14-2021),[MPGH]Lily (03-15-2021),[MPGH]Time (03-14-2021),Vilhena. (03-26-2021)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy

Application as Software Developer - C#

Name: Maik8
    Do you have school/work?: Work, worktimes are a bit unregular but mostly from 9:00 - 18:00
    Are you staff/special member in any other website: germancrysis: Admin in forum and game since years but am kind of "retired" there, only visiting from time to time.
    Position you have an interest in: Software Developer - C#
    Development experience: I did start with programming in 2013 (school) and did not stop ever since. I am a certified IT sience expert and did start my own business for software development quite recently.
    I am registered here since 2012 and am contributing by releasing & updating tools from time to time (all in the rotmg thread). If you want to see how my work could look like wait until the release I made yesterday (Exalt Account Manager v2.0) get's approved and look at the statistics tool. It is inspired by the material design - wich I personaly quite like.
    I am willing to put quite some time into projects here and look forward for your feedback, however it may be.

If you still have questions, feel free to leave a pm.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Maik8 For This Useful Post:

Matthew (04-21-2021)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast