Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy

How does the Argentina method work?

Looked around online, understand how you enable yourself to do it, only question I have really is how do you load the money? Does it need to be on your Steam account already?

Like, I just need some run through for it, also, what are the exchange rates for steam? GBP > ARG Peso.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    If you want to add money you can always buy a steam wallet top up global code or a steam wallet top up Argentina code, I think you can top up your steam wallet before you change the store country to Argentina but I don't know if that works I have never tried it and if it works remember that steam will take a fee but I don't know how much. If you want to buy the games for your self and don't know how to do it or can't with the Argentina method you can buy the games from sellers in the forum. They will gift you the game. If you want to buy I recommend you to buy from clarkkent5 he sells steam games for a cheap price using the Argentina method. I have bought from him in total about 5 or 6 times. He will help you with everything.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Yea buy Steam wallet codes and steam will convert it to local ARG currency, you can't use your card unless it's from ARG

All the best,
    Bo0sted.

Thanks
    As others stated, first you need to top up your steam wallet. In my case recently, 25 euro was enough for 12,500 auric cells. You need to wait 2 or 3 days after adding funds to steam wallet before you can change country. Then change to Argentina with a VPN, you can enter any fake name/address combo on steam for account details. You can then buy auric cells in ARS currency in game store. You will have to wait about 2 weeks to change back to your own country on steam after. You do not need to use a VPN to play during this time.

I did this a few weeks ago so it still works no problems. I took a screenshot of ARS auric cell currency too. Not sure I have permission to post links here.

https://i.imgur.com/89vmfo9.jpg
    Last edited by yevvac; 01-18-2020 at 06:22 AM. Reason: Euro symbol incorrectly displayed

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by yevvac View Post
    As others stated, first you need to top up your steam wallet. In my case recently, 25 euro was enough for 12,500 auric cells. You need to wait 2 or 3 days after adding funds to steam wallet before you can change country. Then change to Argentina with a VPN, you can enter any fake name/address combo on steam for account details. You can then buy auric cells in ARS currency in game store. You will have to wait about 2 weeks to change back to your own country on steam after. You do not need to use a VPN to play during this time.

I did this a few weeks ago so it still works no problems. I took a screenshot of ARS auric cell currency too. Not sure I have permission to post links here.

https://i.imgur.com/89vmfo9.jpg
    This is the hard one tho.

Global Moderator -> 23-3-2019 - current
    Steam Moderator -> 12-12-2017 - 23-3-2019
    Steam Minion+ -> 09-04-2017 - 12-12-2017
    Steam Minion -> 03-01-2017 - 09-04-2017

Thanks
    You can change your country to Argentina without already having wallet balance. Once you're set to Argentina, you can create a second steam account for free and send your main account steam wallet gift cards using your currency and it will automatically convert it to ARS so you'll never have to change your country back to add more money.

Thanks
    can anyone do a simplified explanation for idiots like myself'
    something like
    step 1 download this vpn
    step 2 change vpn to arginine
    and so forth
    it would really help alot

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Quote Originally Posted by blahblahla View Post
    can anyone do a simplified explanation for idiots like myself'
    something like
    step 1 download this vpn
    step 2 change vpn to arginine
    and so forth
    it would really help alot
    You pretty much nailed it already. Step 3 buy the AC. Before Step 1 just top-up your account with some steam giftcard or so

Thanks

Thumbs up Argentinia method

1. Close steam
    2. Get a vpn EX: Tigervpn
    3. Connect to argentinie (Buenos Aires)
    4. Put your pc timezone into argentinie (UTC-03:00 Buenos Aires)
    5. Open up steam.
    6. Upper left corner click on steam -> settings -> steam guard security -> Select the option that loggs your account out on all of your devices.
    (I don't know if step 6 is required, but it worked for me, so that's why i'm mentioning it)
    7.Upper right corner click on ur steam username select account details after that click on update store country
    8.Select Argentinie
    9. You can put random things at name and street adress, however put Buenos Aires in city and state/province
    10. Put B1675 at postal code (it's a random zip code from argentinie)
    11. Click apply country change.
    12. U can delete vpn, and put ur pc timezone and time back to normal.

You can top up your steam wallet before changing your country, steam will automaticly convert the currency into the correct amount.
    I also don't think steam takes a fee on this.

If you need to top up your wallet after changing, then yes you could buy steam wallet codes but u will pay a fee on most sites.
    You also could let one of your trusted steam friend send you money via gifts inside the steam client itself.
    Or make a new steam account and add that account as a friend, however you will need to wait 2 weeks after being friends to be able to send gifts.
    I could be wrong on this since i'm not sure tho.

Questions and Answers:
    Q: Do i need the vpn after i change the country?
    A: No.

Q: Can i gift games to my friends when my country store is in argentinie?
    A: i'm pretty sure their country store also needs to be in argentinie to be able to receive gifts.
    However your friends can send you wallet gift codes even tho they are in a different country store than you.

Q: When can i change back my country store?
    A: After 2 weeks

Q: When i top up my wallet before changing the country store, is there a waiting period?
    A: yes, you will need to wait 2 days before you can change your country store after making a recent transaction.

Q: Can i top up my wallet with credit card after changing the store?
    A: No.
    Last edited by E5us; 01-18-2020 at 04:03 PM.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to E5us For This Useful Post:

blahblahla (01-18-2020),CodeExo4tic (01-19-2020)

Thanks

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by E5us View Post
    Q: When i top up my wallet before changing the country store, is there a waiting period?
    A: yes, you will need to wait 2 days before you can change your country store after making a recent transaction.
    guess im waiting 2 days to try it thanks for the simplification

Thanks
    You can also buy wallet codes online (g2a, kinguin and others) or a secondary account you have or get a friend to gift you steam credit through the steam store and it automatically converts to ARS(Argentine Peso).

Thanks
    Got this: https://i.imgur.com/62VnPsG.png

Shortly after switching to Argentina and having gifted myself $25 from a different account.

The methods are correct, guess I'll contact them and try to get unrestricted.

Edit: They unrestricted me, just contacted them on steam
    Last edited by Ahlwong; 4 Weeks Ago at 03:15 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Thanks all, will give it a go.