Quote Originally Posted by Eternity View Post
I just think the term "basic rights" is being passed around like a hooker on crack at at a mandingo party.
Not really. Although there is always people trying to demand more than it should be, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights says that health care is a human right, if you don't agree with that it's another thing, but you are make an affirmation that it's not, while it actually is.

Article 25.
(1) Everyone has the right to a standard of living adequate for the health [...] and medical care and necessary social services, and the right to security in the event of unemployment, sickness, disability, widowhood, old age or other lack of livelihood in circumstances beyond his control.
Source

Human rights are not universal
You are not completely wrong, the difference in ethics and principles can vary a lot depending on cultural factors, but that is why we have an organization called UNITED Nations, the intention is exactly to sort those kinds of problems and differences, among other things.

Anyway, if your point is that it shouldn't be free, i don't know where you got the idea that it's free to begin with. Even if you have "free" health care in your country people are still paying for it through taxes, and honestly those free health care services are usually pretty shit or have extremely long waiting time. Instead of bitching about it you should try and suggest a way to improve its current situation, don't you think so?

Btw I ask you to not start a discussion about taxes, it will become a mess like always and this is not the main topic.