Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed

New type of Ban: Ban by Exploit (engine.ini)

Hello to all the forum. I open this thread because I believe to be the first to be banned for modifying the "engine.ini" file. Apparently after long months using different configurations for the Unreal engine in the game Dead by Daylight, finally BHVR has decided to take cards in this matter, since the Ban that has put me in one of my accounts has been directly in the game . It is not a Ban by EAC. Just my ID account in Dead by Daylight has been banned, which has not allowed me to start the game with this account, every time I open the game I get that message that I can see in the screenshot. I don't even have VAC Ban on Steam (or Steam notification).

I directly believe that the ID of this account has been banned from the BHVR servers, since I have used a new account (family co-ownership by Steam) of the Baneada account and without any problem I can continue playing with a new account and a new ID Dead by Daylight

It's very strange but it's not a Ban by EAC. It is a direct Ban by BHVR. I guess it will have been for reports and they will have reviewed this account manually.

I comment and add that I never hacked anything in this account except editing the Unreal files (Engine and GameUserSettings).

I hope that nobody else happens, and if unfortunately it happens, I appreciate you can comment on this thread.

Greetings and see you in the fog ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails
    NewKindBan.png  

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ixuatl For This Useful Post:

Androwsos (02-12-2024),ArtichaTM (02-27-2020),Beebeer2111 (02-28-2020),dbdisshitlol (02-27-2020),dragon2132 (03-16-2020),r1pww (02-27-2020),sohekap411 (02-27-2020),themymic789 (02-28-2020)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    I mean as long as they don't detect it automatically without a manual report i don't think alot of people are gonna get banned for it if this is real

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by dghdh View Post
    I mean as long as they don't detect it automatically without a manual report i don't think alot of people are gonna get banned for it if this is real
    It is possible that only by a manual report from many accounts. Anyway beyond the report, what is worrying is that BHVR has decided to start putting people who modify a file that is not from the game, if not from the Unreal graphic engine. In fact this could be considered ILLEGAL, prohibiting access to the game (without having made a modification directly to the game). In this case who would have to be worried or aware would be Unreal.

Anyway, take care of the manual reports.

Thanks
    Can confirm these bans are also issued for abusing the lag switch exploit.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by yaartjea9 View Post
    Can confirm these bans are also issued for abusing the lag switch exploit.
    I have never used any Lag Switch, But it could be related to the exploit in the engine.ini

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    did you do any exploits ingame? doubt this is because of engine.ini but idk

Thanks
    I used a modified engine.ini from this link: https://www.mpgh.net/forum/showthrea...5#post14712095. Just 3 days ago on my main account. I don't think this file could get you banned. You must've done other modifications/exploits.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by D4rkSkiLLz View Post
    did you do any exploits ingame? doubt this is because of engine.ini but idk
    No, I didn't use any exploit, except to edit the "GameUserSettings" and the "Engine".

Quote Originally Posted by Furioushell98 View Post
    I used a modified engine.ini from this link: https://www.mpgh.net/forum/showthrea...5#post14712095. Just 3 days ago on my main account. I don't think this file could get you banned. You must've done other modifications/exploits.
    I am not sure if it is possible to have a Ban just by editing the "Engine" file, since neither the Dedicated Servers nor BHVR can know if this file is modified or not. Except because when modifying the "Engine" and that this modification is functional, it is necessary to put it in Reading Mode. I know that BHVR sends logs of everything that starts, and the cause could be here.

But as I repeat, in this account I never edited or used any exploit except the edition of the Engine and the GameUserSettings. I know it could be a manual report, but they still wouldn't have to know that I edited the "Engine".

Thank you anyway.

Thanks
    Did you stream? or possibly tell people that could have reported you?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by invtina View Post
    Did you stream? or possibly tell people that could have reported you?
    No, I'm not Streamer. I make this things so private.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    u were abusing an exploit/bug , nothing to do with ini files
    i believe u were caught recorded, dont post missinformation thanks
    Last edited by Darku123; 02-28-2020 at 05:32 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Darku123 View Post
    u were abusing an exploit/bug , nothing to do with ini files
    i believe u were caught recorded, dont post missinformation thanks
    Impossible, I don't do Stream. And for your ignorance, when this type of BAN is performed (which is not automatic or by EAC), it is a massive report within the game. I may have been BANNED for these reports. The point is that the other players who reported to me massively that I was using something weird in the game will have realized directly. As I said, just use the Engine to modify some graphic aspects, such as removing fog, walls, etc. And the GameUserSettings to upload the FPS of my game.

But it's ridiculous what they say about Stream. Who would be so dumb for stream hacks?

Either way, I still believe that there are people who report without even being correct reports against players who can't beat them. This could be a reason. Another is the large number of survivors who play SWF in Rank 1. If all 4 report within the game, by Rage. Surely these also add reports.

They are my only conclusions on the subject.

Because I, like you, know that BHVR is unable to detect if the Engine has been modified, besides they had said in the past that modifying this was not Ban's cause. Maybe they changed their mind or maybe, they may be influencing the LOG that is sent to the BHVR Servers, because there could come information from both the PC and what the game detects, such as the Engine Read Mode. Just that. This thread can be closed.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by ixuatl View Post
    Impossible, I don't do Stream. And for your ignorance, when this type of BAN is performed (which is not automatic or by EAC), it is a massive report within the game. I may have been BANNED for these reports. The point is that the other players who reported to me massively that I was using something weird in the game will have realized directly. As I said, just use the Engine to modify some graphic aspects, such as removing fog, walls, etc. And the GameUserSettings to upload the FPS of my game.

But it's ridiculous what they say about Stream. Who would be so dumb for stream hacks?

Either way, I still believe that there are people who report without even being correct reports against players who can't beat them. This could be a reason. Another is the large number of survivors who play SWF in Rank 1. If all 4 report within the game, by Rage. Surely these also add reports.

They are my only conclusions on the subject.

Because I, like you, know that BHVR is unable to detect if the Engine has been modified, besides they had said in the past that modifying this was not Ban's cause. Maybe they changed their mind or maybe, they may be influencing the LOG that is sent to the BHVR Servers, because there could come information from both the PC and what the game detects, such as the Engine Read Mode. Just that. This thread can be closed.
    Bhvr cant know because they dont own eac , and i didnt said you were streaming, i said u were recorded by someone

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Darku123 View Post
    Bhvr cant know because they dont own eac , and i didnt said you were streaming, i said u were recorded by someone
    No you didn't say to do Stream, @invtina was the one who said or ask it. Either way, all of you continue to suggest that it was because they "saw me" hack the game, or "i modify other files of game" when it would be almost impossible.

I still think, and I reiterate, that the game log files send information that could be related to the modification of external parts to the game, (including the engine.ini), if the devs received a report and verified my profile manually, Surely they found something that didn't match.

I repeat here and to everyone present that in that account I had not hacked anything from the gam in that account, I just touched the GameUserSettings file and the Engine file.

That's why I've missed so much, Ban.

I repeat, IT IS NOT ISSUE, as they were carried out by reports, recordings, etc., of others.

Here the problem is that it has been detected by BHVR that I only modified 2 files, I repeat ENGINE.INI and GAMEUSERSTTINGS.INI

Regards

Thanks
    so it cause bans or not ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast