Thanks

What's your security defense?

As the title says.

Honestly, all I have is Bitdefender and Malwarebytes. What about you guys, what do you use and why?

I use BitDefender because it's lightweight and free. Malwarebytes is my secondary AV because I don't really trust BitDefender's virus dictionary and scanning versus MBAM lol.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Quote Originally Posted by Astronautix View Post
    As the title says.

Honestly, all I have is Bitdefender and Malwarebytes. What about you guys, what do you use and why?

I use BitDefender because it's lightweight and free. Malwarebytes is my secondary AV because I don't really trust BitDefender's virus dictionary and scanning versus MBAM lol.
    Good question, and good setup.

Bitdefender and Kaspersky are two good brands, both in their anti-virus and Internet Security suites, which I suppose is what you have?

An alternative to that would be - and you might be surprised - is Kaspersky Security Cloud + SysHardener + AndyFul/Run-By-Smartscreen.

I'm not a fan of Malwarbytes, especially when they announced their anti-malware could replace an anti-virus - it cannot. I'd recommend throwing into the mix Hitman Pro, and maybe Norton Power Eraser and ESET Online Scanner as good measure.

For the browser setup, ie, extensions and add-ons, that would probably require a whole new thread, but something like Firefox with AdGuard premium, a password manager and a few other security/productivity add-ons. The less add-ons/extensions, the better. Alternatively, Bitdefender TrafficLight is good, as well as uBlock Origin and uMatrix, although the latter is more for advanced users.

Thanks
    Malwarebytes has always done the work for me.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    If you are very careful, windows defender is all you need.

Thanks
    If you're into serious security, there are even more options for that. There's a good list on Digital Safety on. They have very detailed reviews on that stuff - actually, there are several different solutions depending on your privacy preferences. Hope that'll help at least a bit.