Thanks
    My Mood
    Paranoid

Lightbulb any1 go through this in their early 20s?

21 (m)

feel weird posting something like this but fuck it.

just a little background, i been on this forum since i was as little as i can remember, so many memories, nostalgia, and things ive learned from this website. I really appreciate all the things ive learned here, whether it be from general, white hack, black hack, user services, sales, etc.

but anyways, i feel like a large portion of this community has a somewhat similar type of personality or related ideals.

so i thought id ask here...
    In your early 20's did you ever experience:
    • many life changing epiphanies
    • Turning your life around but end up feeling lost
    • Realization of the importance of time
    • Extreme self-positivity
    • have friends and best group of friends but feel like you never really are in that "type" of circle anymore.
    • an extreme desire to make an impact on the world
    • The realization that it is normal to be on a "roller coaster" state in your early 20s
    • Feeling lost because your the only not "lost" one in this age group.

So just to clarify, i understand there are endless infinite factors that play into this. As far as from environmental, maturity, personality, PERSPECTIVE.... i just wanna see if anyone else out there have had these feelings, and if not what do you think of them, assuming your pass your early 20s.

Ill try to keep it short but i wish myself luck /w that. So just to explain... many of these things on this list ive been experiencing has been there for the most part since i was in middle school or a bit younger. I feel like a lot of these things are already known within our young selves, especially for people like me who think about these types of things. And eventually we grow older and just FULLY UNDERSTAND it or even ACCEPT IT. (its not really a realization)

I feel like many big Epiphanies or awakenings are acceptance to certain things in life that have to do with self. I used to meditate often but haven't really done so in the past couple years. I would have these same exact thoughts at a super young age around 4 or 5th grade. I knew. I knew since i was very very young that i was different. Now, i am not saying i am a genius, or rare or anything like that, and i'm sure there are many of you out there just like me, it is inevitable. Im at the age where i dont really feel to ahead of my time anymore. But having these thoughts like "these kids aren't having these same thoughts", or feeling like i wasnt on the same level as other kids in like 4th grade is a lot more confusing to me now that i think about it as a young adult.

And i think it is what has caused this outcast persona ive adapted too my whole entire life. I am very average book smart wise, i think my eq is where i shine. I hate and never talk about this to anyone because it just comes off really arrogant, and in a way it is i guess. :/

The more i write the closer i get to the realization what im seeking from this message, and the real question i could present to anyone. And its that, lately i been at the best point of my life. I'm 21, Putting EVERY single minute of time to use in my own perspective. I have too many hobbies to maintain, been the most consistently positive in my life. Working on getting a clothing brand started soon, study the stock market every single day, work full time, go to school full time. At one point, i was doing too much and would get anxious if i was being unproductive, with something as little as watching TV, or just sitting down. But i never let this motivation get in the way of family or friendships.

All i used to do was play videos games and do nothing ALL day as a kid (but still had these philosophical thoughts) And i guess ive finally managed to put these thoughts into action and even successfully completed all of real things, and answers i seeked as a teen.

but anyways, a few months after achieving any goals that i had planned or, just being able to be on point every single day, i felt like i found answers. I felt like i found my purpose and a big part of the answer of my own life.

Now, i understand that i think EVERYONE goes through this kind of thing, some later in life, some earlier than me. But now that ive passed this stage in life. Im feeling a bit lost. Like i said before, ive been the most positive ive ever been in my entire life, (i went through many phases of depression growing up, not too serious though) and its not that i feel depressed AT ALL, i just feel like completely lost.

And i feel like everyone sees this somewhere growing up, like we all know people our age get lost in some point. But i feel like we all get lost in this stage of life for different reasons, because after all, we are all different.

what makes me feel so outcasted is, i realized that this "roller coaser" im on is like a VR headset simulation, and im aware that it is just another stage and phase in life. I feel like most people dont know, think, or understand of this at these ages, and are stuck in that VR headset, they really think they are on a roller coaster.

So i guess i got out of this phase quickly as well, and was just wondering whats next for me! I have so much more i could explain and talk about, but i think i will end it here.

This post was all over the place, but i hope you read all of it and can answer or respond to some of the comments ive made. thank you guys, stay safe.
    Last edited by PlainPat; 04-01-2020 at 01:46 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PlainPat For This Useful Post:

Gaydow (04-01-2020)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    everyone goes through those feelings and thoughts throughout their lives unless they are young, dumb or dead inside

THE EYE OF AN ADMINISTRATOR IS UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO IM GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE IM GONNA BE

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you lose.” - Dave84311

HAVING VIRTUAL DETOX

Thanks
    Deepest post of 2020

But honestly I feel like those feelings start in the teen years as well and continue through the 20s

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    I think everyone gets those. You are today's youth and tomorrow's bommer.
    Previous Names

Zavior
    Xavier
    Eternity
    Azathoth
    Eternity (again)
    Add me on IM

Please press +Rep or Thanks if you find my work or found something I said helpful

"Endless Void."

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PlainPat View Post
    21 (m)

feel weird posting something like this but fuck it.

just a little background, i been on this forum since i was as little as i can remember, so many memories, nostalgia, and things ive learned from this website. I really appreciate all the things ive learned here, whether it be from general, white hack, black hack, user services, sales, etc.

but anyways, i feel like a large portion of this community has a somewhat similar type of personality or related ideals.

so i thought id ask here...
    • many life changing epiphanies
    • Turning your life around but end up feeling lost
    • Realization of the importance of time
    • Extreme self-positivity
    • have friends and best group of friends but feel like you never really are in that "type" of circle anymore.
    • an extreme desire to make an impact on the world
    • The realization that it is normal to be on a "roller coaster" state in your early 20s
    • Feeling lost because your the only not "lost" one in this age group.

So just to clarify, i understand there are endless infinite factors that play into this. As far as from environmental, maturity, personality, PERSPECTIVE.... i just wanna see if anyone else out there have had these feelings, and if not what do you think of them, assuming your pass your early 20s.

Ill try to keep it short but i wish myself luck /w that. So just to explain... many of these things on this list ive been experiencing has been there for the most part since i was in middle school or a bit younger. I feel like a lot of these things are already known within our young selves, especially for people like me who think about these types of things. And eventually we grow older and just FULLY UNDERSTAND it or even ACCEPT IT. (its not really a realization)

I feel like many big Epiphanies or awakenings are acceptance to certain things in life that have to do with self. I used to meditate often but haven't really done so in the past couple years. I would have these same exact thoughts at a super young age around 4 or 5th grade. I knew. I knew since i was very very young that i was different. Now, i am not saying i am a genius, or rare or anything like that, and i'm sure there are many of you out there just like me, it is inevitable. Im at the age where i dont really feel to ahead of my time anymore. But having these thoughts like "these kids aren't having these same thoughts", or feeling like i wasnt on the same level as other kids in like 4th grade is a lot more confusing to me now that i think about it as a young adult.

And i think it is what has caused this outcast persona ive adapted too my whole entire life. I am very average book smart wise, i think my eq is where i shine. I hate and never talk about this to anyone because it just comes off really arrogant, and in a way it is i guess. :/

The more i write the closer i get to the realization what im seeking from this message, and the real question i could present to anyone. And its that, lately i been at the best point of my life. I'm 21, Putting EVERY single minute of time to use in my own perspective. I have too many hobbies to maintain, been the most consistently positive in my life. Working on getting a clothing brand started soon, study the stock market every single day, work full time, go to school full time. At one point, i was doing too much and would get anxious if i was being unproductive, with something as little as watching TV, or just sitting down. But i never let this motivation get in the way of family or friendships.

All i used to do was play videos games and do nothing ALL day as a kid (but still had these philosophical thoughts) And i guess ive finally managed to put these thoughts into action and even successfully completed all of real things, and answers i seeked as a teen.

but anyways, a few months after achieving any goals that i had planned or, just being able to be on point every single day, i felt like i found answers. I felt like i found my purpose and a big part of the answer of my own life.

Now, i understand that i think EVERYONE goes through this kind of thing, some later in life, some earlier than me. But now that ive passed this stage in life. Im feeling a bit lost. Like i said before, ive been the most positive ive ever been in my entire life, (i went through many phases of depression growing up, not too serious though) and its not that i feel depressed AT ALL, i just feel like completely lost.

And i feel like everyone sees this somewhere growing up, like we all know people our age get lost in some point. But i feel like we all get lost in this stage of life for different reasons, because after all, we are all different.

what makes me feel so outcasted is, i realized that this "roller coaser" im on is like a VR headset simulation, and im aware that it is just another stage and phase in life. I feel like most people dont know, think, or understand of this at these ages, and are stuck in that VR headset, they really think they are on a roller coaster.

So i guess i got out of this phase quickly as well, and was just wondering whats next for me! I have so much more i could explain and talk about, but i think i will end it here.

This post was all over the place, but i hope you read all of it and can answer or respond to some of the comments ive made. thank you guys, stay safe.
    many life changing epiphanies: Yes
    Turning your life around but end up feeling lost: Yes
    Realization of the importance of time: Yes
    Extreme self-positivity: Yes
    have friends and best group of friends but feel like you never really are in that "type" of circle anymore: Yes
    an extreme desire to make an impact on the world: Yes
    The realization that it is normal to be on a "roller coaster" state in your early 20s: Yes, because I'm on it right now.
    Feeling lost because your the only not "lost" one in this age group: Yes

Im feeling a bit lost.
    I'm there right now myself. You can't overcome it, it's like seeing a greyed-out question mark in the place of a character in a video game. Until you unlock that "character", your perspective does not change.. What you can do is keep grinding, pushing yourself beyond your limits and don't worry about shit that doesn't matter or stuff you cannot control. I find it hard to hold this advice to myself at times, but answering this post makes it more clear for me. I think writing is a good way to translate your thoughts and a good way to understand them, the majority of the population has the IQ of a potato, so not everyone thinks deep enough for these problems to exist, not that these problems are detrimental in any way.

Conquer your mind, conquer the world.

Once you're able to get the shit and mud out of your head, probably put there by people who've always been comfortable and satisfied in life and gave you shit advice, you find the light.

I've never been a runner, I've been doing powerlifting on and off for a couple of years and MMA. Back in high school, for our 1 km runs, I'd be gassed out and be near passing out running a pathetic 9 minute/1k.

3 months ago, I ran a 25 km run at 1 am without any prior training, which is more than a half-marathon. Why did I do it? Because I wanted to prove to myself whether or not I could fucking do it. If I can run 25km without any training and not die, what else could I possibly fucking achieve? I got stress fractures in my shins, which are basically cracked bone bits from extreme stress, they're still healing but I wrap them up with compression tape and still do shit I need to do. That run changed my life, it was a catalyst for me to achieve my full potential, and I'm still far far away from it, I'm no-where near the person that I'll become. I wasn't born talented, I've learned the importance of hard work and dedication that is required to become a beast, to be like a dog, have a dog mentality. Dogs don't think, they go after what they want unless they've been conditioned to be someone else's bitch, looking at @Dave84311 dogs here.

You're going to have ups and downs, learn to bounce back from the downs quickly so you can catch that upcoming wave. I just came out of a down, the coronavirus fucked my whole flow up. I am now refining my purpose and recalibrating my goals, not lying to myself about how hard something is going to be and actually commit to it and not let shit cloud my judgment. I sometimes feel like I'm not doing enough, and that I'm lost. Dogs feel like they're not doing enough, they're always moving around and chasing shit. Hone that dog mentality dude.

I think your problem is the fact that you're now comfortable. You're happy with what you acheived, but you've now lost that dog mentality. You set and end goal and you've now reached the top of the mountain. You need to set your goals so high that they're unattainable. This is a phenomenon seen in many greats that mastered their crafts.

Tyson Fury won it all, he reached his mount everest. He set an attainable goal, he got there and he lost his mentality. Tyson Fury then lost it all, into the depths of hell. He sat in the muck for a time, but he got back up and we all know what happened after that.

Last edited by Gaydow; 04-01-2020 at 06:25 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Gaydow For This Useful Post:

InCognito (04-02-2020)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    I think your problem is the fact that you're now comfortable. You're happy with what you acheived, but you've now lost that dog mentality. You set and end goal and you've now reached the top of the mountain. You need to set your goals so high that they're unattainable. This is a phenomenon seen in many greats that mastered their crafts.
    Dude this is spot on. Ive realized this many times throughout my life but its not always easy to just answer, or do you know what i mean?

I am a very very fucking high achiever, and with that in hand, comes with many Devastating consequences. Lately i been reaching sooo many goals that i think ive hit that point of being on top of the mountain ( about a month ago id say) .

And now what im doing is trying to create a bigger mountain and vision.

In other words, whenever i am successful, and reach my goals, i also start to smell and teleport back to failure, because i have nothing to reach for. And reaching for something is somewhat my purpose in life right now which is why ive constantly been in a happy successfull to lost and down roller coaster lately. You seemed to get me close to a good answer here .
    Last edited by PlainPat; 04-01-2020 at 08:46 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PlainPat View Post
    Dude this is spot on. Ive realized this many times throughout my life but its not always easy to just answer, or do you know what i mean?

I am a very very fucking high achiever, and with that in hand, comes with many Devastating consequences. Lately i been reaching sooo many goals that i think ive hit that point of being on top of the mountain ( about a month ago id say) .

And now what im doing is trying to create a bigger mountain and vision.

In other words, whenever i am successful, and reach my goals, i also start to smell and teleport back to failure, because i have nothing to reach for. And reaching for something is somewhat my purpose in life right now which is why ive constantly been in a happy successfull to lost and down roller coaster lately. You seemed to get me close to a good answer here .
    Never get comfortable my friend. Never.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hungover
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternity View Post
    I think everyone gets those. You are today's youth and tomorrow's bommer.