Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    memetologist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    33
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    3

    Have I changed enough parts to bypass my HWID ban?

    Like a year ago I was HWID banned on Dead By Daylight for cheating on multiple accounts. Since then, I've been interested in playing the game again and I think I've changed just about everything I need in order to entirely bypass my previous HWID ban. Here's a list of what I've changed:
    Both of my storage drives (I have none of my previous drives that I was banned on)
    My RAM (Not using my old sticks)
    My GPU
    My Motherboard
    My MAC Address (I'm now using ethernet instead of wireless, I have no wireless adapter plugged in)
    My IP Address (I have a dynamic IP that changes roughly every week)
    I've reinstalled Windows multiple times after completely wiping each storage drive.
    I have not installed Dead By Daylight ever since I was banned around a year ago. Am I missing anything? I haven't changed my CPU, but from what I"ve been able to deduce CPUs don't have a serial that can be read by the computer, let alone used to enforce HWID bans.
    If I try to play DBD again, I want to be able to do it without the risk of getting banned again. I don't plan on cheating anymore, I simply just want to play the game with an entirely new identity.

  2. #2
    T-800's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    16,859
    Reputation
    1464
    Thanks
    82,989
    Quote Originally Posted by memetologist View Post
    Like a year ago I was HWID banned on Dead By Daylight for cheating on multiple accounts. Since then, I've been interested in playing the game again and I think I've changed just about everything I need in order to entirely bypass my previous HWID ban. Here's a list of what I've changed:
    Both of my storage drives (I have none of my previous drives that I was banned on)
    My RAM (Not using my old sticks)
    My GPU
    My Motherboard
    My MAC Address (I'm now using ethernet instead of wireless, I have no wireless adapter plugged in)
    My IP Address (I have a dynamic IP that changes roughly every week)
    I've reinstalled Windows multiple times after completely wiping each storage drive.
    I have not installed Dead By Daylight ever since I was banned around a year ago. Am I missing anything? I haven't changed my CPU, but from what I"ve been able to deduce CPUs don't have a serial that can be read by the computer, let alone used to enforce HWID bans.
    If I try to play DBD again, I want to be able to do it without the risk of getting banned again. I don't plan on cheating anymore, I simply just want to play the game with an entirely new identity.
    Think you are good.

    Regarding CPU, there's "ProcessorID" but have a look here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...-all-computers


    Make sure you don't miss anything and would wait for more opinions so you don't fail.

    Super User -> 15-7-2020
    Global Moderator -> 23-3-2019 - 15-7-2020
    Steam Moderator -> 12-12-2017 - 23-3-2019
    Steam Minion+ -> 09-04-2017 - 12-12-2017
    Steam Minion -> 03-01-2017 - 09-04-2017


  3. #3
    memetologist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    33
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by T-800 View Post
    Think you are good.

    Regarding CPU, there's "ProcessorID" but have a look here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...-all-computers


    Make sure you don't miss anything and would wait for more opinions so you don't fail.

    It looks like the 'ProcessorID' string isn't unique. I used wmic to find what my ProcessorID was, and I googled the exact string and found the same exact processor ID on multiple CPU benchmark websites. So chances are, ProcessorID couldn't be used for a HWID ban? The only string I could find for a unique ID on my processor in wmic was '178BFBFF00870F10.' Feel free to google the same string yourself, it will show benchmarks with the same exact ID, so it couldn't be unique.
    Last edited by memetologist; 06-23-2020 at 11:44 AM.

  4. #4
    Mr. Ponocha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    346
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    12
    lol you did all that, you might as well have brought a second hand pc or laptop. I would have just gotten a shit pc or laptop second hand since you don't need a high end graphic card to run play dbd.

  5. #5
    memetologist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    33
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Ponocha View Post
    lol you did all that, you might as well have brought a second hand pc or laptop. I would have just gotten a shit pc or laptop second hand since you don't need a high end graphic card to run play dbd.
    I didn't upgrade with the sole intention to play DBD again, I just happened to upgrade most of what matters over the past year and a half and wanted to play again.

  6. #6
    T-800's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    16,859
    Reputation
    1464
    Thanks
    82,989
    Quote Originally Posted by memetologist View Post
    I didn't upgrade with the sole intention to play DBD again, I just happened to upgrade most of what matters over the past year and a half and wanted to play again.
    Updates on it?

    Super User -> 15-7-2020
    Global Moderator -> 23-3-2019 - 15-7-2020
    Steam Moderator -> 12-12-2017 - 23-3-2019
    Steam Minion+ -> 09-04-2017 - 12-12-2017
    Steam Minion -> 03-01-2017 - 09-04-2017


  7. #7
    memetologist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    33
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by T-800 View Post
    Updates on it?
    honestly ive been paranoid to try it. ive heard USB serials can get you banned as well and also monitor serials. both of these things worry me because im using the same mouse and monitor. ive also heard windows activation keys can get you banned as well so im gonna buy another copy of windows and reinstall before i try to play dbd again

  8. #8
    T-800's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    16,859
    Reputation
    1464
    Thanks
    82,989
    Quote Originally Posted by memetologist View Post
    honestly ive been paranoid to try it. ive heard USB serials can get you banned as well and also monitor serials. both of these things worry me because im using the same mouse and monitor. ive also heard windows activation keys can get you banned as well so im gonna buy another copy of windows and reinstall before i try to play dbd again
    I can tell you, monitor serials will not get you banned (in this game or this anti-cheat, not sure about others)

    Super User -> 15-7-2020
    Global Moderator -> 23-3-2019 - 15-7-2020
    Steam Moderator -> 12-12-2017 - 23-3-2019
    Steam Minion+ -> 09-04-2017 - 12-12-2017
    Steam Minion -> 03-01-2017 - 09-04-2017


  9. #9
    memetologist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    33
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by T-800 View Post
    I can tell you, monitor serials will not get you banned (in this game or this anti-cheat, not sure about others)
    what about USB serials? what's the chance there? I used a program and checked and my old mouse has a serial number

  10. #10
    memetologist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    33
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by T-800 View Post
    Updates on it?
    I bought a copy of DBD yesterday and played for 5 hours, still no ban. What are the chances I get banned for evasion?

  11. #11
    Beast Mouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    205
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    208
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by memetologist View Post
    I bought a copy of DBD yesterday and played for 5 hours, still no ban. What are the chances I get banned for evasion?
    did you ever find out? mpgh's search function is poop and I haven't been bothered to find the 20 different threads that say how long it takes for a hwid to kick in. I played for 20 minutes and have been waiting like 3 days now to see if a game ban pops lol, really hope it's not delayed by 2 weeks or you need 2+ hours or some shit which is what I vaguely remember someone writing about on here. thanks

  12. #12
    memetologist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    33
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Beast Mouse View Post
    did you ever find out? mpgh's search function is poop and I haven't been bothered to find the 20 different threads that say how long it takes for a hwid to kick in. I played for 20 minutes and have been waiting like 3 days now to see if a game ban pops lol, really hope it's not delayed by 2 weeks or you need 2+ hours or some shit which is what I vaguely remember someone writing about on here. thanks
    as of right now, i am still not banned. i play a bit like a shit head as well, and i've definitely been reported numerous times. i am still not banned.

  13. #13
    Beast Mouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    205
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    208
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by memetologist View Post
    as of right now, i am still not banned. i play a bit like a shit head as well, and i've definitely been reported numerous times. i am still not banned.
    Same here homie, I think we're good!

Similar Threads

  1. What PC parts do I EXACTLY need to change in order to remove the HWID ban?
    By kaleddu7 in forum Dead by Daylight Discussion & Help
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 03-27-2020, 05:45 AM
  2. [Tutorial] How to bypass the HWID Ban also known as MAC Address Ban.
    By o.o1818 in forum CrossFire Tutorials
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-02-2018, 09:24 AM