Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking

Political Compass Quiz!...Again!

Just thought it would be fun to share this again.

Read blurb at top before taking test.

Link:
    https://www.politicalcompass.org/test

My results:

Rep. Power: 126

Minion: 11/28/12-3/15/14

Thanks

Some of the questions require more context, a lot of them are a black/white depiction.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Too many questions

I wonder how they are using this data

SO MANY QUESTIONS
    SO FEW ANSWERS

THE EYE OF AN ADMINISTRATOR IS UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO IM GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE IM GONNA BE

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you lose.” - Dave84311

HAVING VIRTUAL DETOX

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post

Some of the questions require more context, a lot of them are a black/white depiction.
    They said "Some of them are intentionally vague. Their purpose is to trigger reactions in the mind, measuring feelings and prejudices rather than detailed opinions on policy." My interpretation of this is "it's vague and lacking context because you're suppose to interpret it your own way".

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    My views have evolved since last time. I am becoming more authoritative.

LAST TIME

Current.
    Previous Names

Zavior
    Xavier
    Eternity
    Azathoth
    Eternity (again)
    Add me on IM

Please press +Rep or Thanks if you find my work or found something I said helpful

"Endless Void."

Thanks

It's pretty obvious based on my post history where I'll usually fall with these kind of tests.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eternity View Post
    - snip -

I wouldn't say so, it's more likely the phrasing of this set of questions is why you shifted. IIRC mine was slightly less libertarian last time I took the test. In general I'm a left leaning libertarian but that's pretty evident.
    Former BattleOn Minion

If you cannot run trainers please see this thread: https://www.mpgh.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1170564

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternity View Post
    My views have evolved since last time. I am becoming more authoritative.

LAST TIME

Current.
    Don't have my past results but I remember being like halfway across left leaning and probably around the same in terms of Libertarian vs. Authoritarian. My views on libertarian-ism is that everyone can generally do whatever the fuck they want as long as they arent hurting anyone else.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dab View Post

It's pretty obvious based on my post history where I'll usually fall with these kind of tests.

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldn't say so, it's more likely the phrasing of this set of questions is why you shifted. IIRC mine was slightly less libertarian last time I took the test. In general I'm a left leaning libertarian but that's pretty evident.
    Your results points towards "extremeism" in terms of left/libertarian views. I'd be curious how you answered things and reasonings, but that would be a long task.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernard. View Post

Don't have my past results but I remember being like halfway across left leaning and probably around the same in terms of Libertarian vs. Authoritarian. My views on libertarian-ism is that everyone can generally do whatever the fuck they want as long as they arent hurting anyone else.

- - - Updated - - -

Your results points towards "extremeism" in terms of left/libertarian views. I'd be curious how you answered things and reasonings, but that would be a long task.
    I answered them with the awareness of how each question was going to reflect my score. Also I looked at the results for the current test and it looks like everyone not just here, has shifted rightward a little bit which is what I was expecting when i saw some of the questions.

Edit: And yeah I believe people should be free to do what they want, but I also believe in a regulated market to avoid predatory behavior and ensure a competitive and free environment. Anything that calls for regulations in terms of economics I agreed with, everything that calls for freedom in terms of social issues I agreed with. That's why It's far left libertarian which is what I am and is always reflected in these tests.
    Last edited by Dab; 07-02-2020 at 12:57 AM.
    Former BattleOn Minion

If you cannot run trainers please see this thread: https://www.mpgh.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1170564

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Dab View Post
    I answered them with the awareness of how each question was going to reflect my score. Also I looked at the results for the current test and it looks like everyone not just here, has shifted rightward a little bit which is what I was expecting when i saw some of the questions.

Edit: And yeah I believe people should be free to do what they want, but I also believe in a regulated market to avoid predatory behavior and ensure a competitive and free environment. Anything that calls for regulations in terms of economics I agreed with, everything that calls for freedom in terms of social issues I agreed with. That's why It's far left libertarian which is what I am and is always reflected in these tests.
    Yeah I basically share the same values as stated in your edit. Just wondering where we differ question to question.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    x -.38
    y -3.33

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernard. View Post

Yeah I basically share the same values as stated in your edit. Just wondering where we differ question to question.
    It's due to a difference in the interpretation of the questions. The questions are designed to be that way on purpose.
    Former BattleOn Minion