Thanks

Thoughts on scammers & anti-scamming awareness project? Need your opinion!

Was recently scammed by some dishonest people on MPGH selling netflix plans. Sure you could say that I am gullible and naive for believing that they would keep up their end of the bargain for such a long period of time - but I guess its a learning experience for me and no matter what you say it sucks to be scammed.

Have been thinking of starting a small project here on MPGH to raise awareness about scam practices and how to spot a scammer - you know like a consumer protection of sorts.

Also have started a small giveaway fund for anyone who has been a victim of scam where I giveaway free stuff just so you won't feel so shitty and horrible about being scammed - you can check it out on the giveaway thread or here https://www.mpgh.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1506382 (not sure if this is counted as advertising? if so I can delete this post)

But what do you guys think? Is it possible to educate consumers here about scam recognition and to reduce scam incidence? Surely there must be more we can do to prevent these things right? Do y'all have any ideas?
    oof

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by smallboy24202 View Post
    Was recently scammed by some dishonest people on MPGH selling netflix plans. Sure you could say that I am gullible and naive for believing that they would keep up their end of the bargain for such a long period of time - but I guess its a learning experience for me and no matter what you say it sucks to be scammed.

Have been thinking of starting a small project here on MPGH to raise awareness about scam practices and how to spot a scammer - you know like a consumer protection of sorts.

Also have started a small giveaway fund for anyone who has been a victim of scam where I giveaway free stuff just so you won't feel so shitty and horrible about being scammed - you can check it out on the giveaway thread or here https://www.mpgh.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1506382 (not sure if this is counted as advertising? if so I can delete this post)

But what do you guys think? Is it possible to educate consumers here about scam recognition and to reduce scam incidence? Surely there must be more we can do to prevent these things right? Do y'all have any ideas?
    Seems like a really good idea, I support it!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed

Disabled my signature because I don't not want to advertise my self, but it's very simple how to lower chances for any scam -
    Buy from very vouched members, if you go to Marketplace, there is at least 5-10 sellers with more than 1000 replies (mostly positive feedbacks), go trough them, check if user had scam reports.
    Use your common sense, for example buying "trial" accounts, or those with fake payment info will never last that long, and methods are not going to work forever because they are going to be overused. Ask people around what they think about sellers, and of course for any risky transaction use MM.
    MPGH have less scammers than any other forum because of strict rules, I see your thread says "This giveaway thread is to raise awareness of shady seller practices like "yearly, 3 months, 6 months netflix" - c'mon, there is absolutely no way a seller is going to stick around for a "6 months" plan, much less for a year!"

You literally purchased 6 months from me, in October and I am still here, what a magic, by putting that words there you are damaging other sellers. Thing is use your common sense, research about seller and use MM.
    Last edited by Noxey; 07-04-2020 at 10:33 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxey View Post
    Disabled my signature because I don't not want to advertise my self, but it's very simple how to lower chances for any scam -
    Buy from very vouched members, if you go to Marketplace, there is at least 5-10 sellers with more than 1000 replies (mostly positive feedbacks), go trough them, check if user had scam reports.
    Use your common sense, for example buying "trial" accounts, or those with fake payment info will never last that long, and methods are not going to work forever because they are going to be overused. Ask people around what they think about sellers, and of course for any risky transaction use MM.
    MPGH have less scammers than any other forum because of strict rules, I see your thread says "This giveaway thread is to raise awareness of shady seller practices like "yearly, 3 months, 6 months netflix" - c'mon, there is absolutely no way a seller is going to stick around for a "6 months" plan, much less for a year!"

You literally purchased 6 months from me, in October and I am still here, what a magic, by putting that words there you are damaging other sellers. Thing is use your common sense, research about seller and use MM.

Thank you for your reply. I am glad this topic is receiving the attention I hoped it would get. But you are mistaken and you have misinterpreted the wordings of my post poorly. I have never bought any accounts from you, but rather from other sellers who have been admittedly less trustworthy.

Based on the behaviours of sellers who stick around for less than 3 months, I would argue that there is a cause for concern with regards to the integrity of sellers here. Which is why I am bringing this topic up to make people more aware that there might be dishonourable sellers out there - simply head over to the scammer's grave and see for yourself.

I hope that this issue will not be a threat to you or your business. If you believe yourself to be one of the more trustworthy members of this community (which for the record I do believe you are a trustworthy) - I am sure your longstanding track record of honest service and the loyalty of your customers will speak for itself. And in that regard you have nothing to worry about.

Trustworthy seller or not, the fact of the matter remains clear - that a significant proportion of sellers and threads here disappear after 6 months. I do hope however that Noxey will continue to remain true to an outstanding commitment of service to your customers - as you have been for the past many years. Cheers.
    oof

5. The Following User Says Thank You to smallboy24202 For This Useful Post:

Noxey (07-04-2020)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Thank you for your reply. I am glad this topic is receiving the attention I hoped it would get. But you are mistaken and you have misinterpreted the wordings of my post poorly. I have never bought any accounts from you, but rather from other sellers who have been admittedly less trustworthy.

Based on the behaviours of sellers who stick around for less than 3 months, I would argue that there is a cause for concern with regards to the integrity of sellers here. Which is why I am bringing this topic up to make people more aware that there might be dishonourable sellers out there - simply head over to the scammer's grave and see for yourself.

I hope that this issue will not be a threat to you or your business. If you believe yourself to be one of the more trustworthy members of this community (which for the record I do believe you are a trustworthy) - I am sure your longstanding track record of honest service and the loyalty of your customers will speak for itself. And in that regard you have nothing to worry about.

Trustworthy seller or not, the fact of the matter remains clear - that a significant proportion of sellers and threads here disappear after 6 months. I do hope however that Noxey will continue to remain true to an outstanding commitment of service to your customers - as you have been for the past many years. Cheers.
    Look at chat lol, but anyway that's not point about all this, am just mentioning it's unfair to say that that's "shady". After all all it maters for safe deal is like I said again, research about seller and how good he is, if it's a new member, then be careful and of course give them a chance.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    How were you scammed? Did you like buy a life long service of renews every time it gets disabled? I think those type of services are not worth it-full stop. You also have to realize the type of people you are doing business with. They are literally using cracked account, you shouldn't be putting too much of your trust in them-PERIOD. The people who do get scammed are too gullible (like you said) and will not learn until they are actually scammed because experience teaches best.
    Previous Names

Zavior
    Xavier
    Eternity
    Azathoth
    Eternity (again)
    Add me on IM

Please press +Rep or Thanks if you find my work or found something I said helpful

"Endless Void."

Thanks
    Maybe just realize that you are trading with someone over the internet that you'll never actually get to meet personally and not give them all your trust

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lonely
    That's why there are vouch copies and mods who checks the validity of a post. Plus you can check sellers profile too before dealing!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by adonix View Post
    That's why there are vouch copies and mods who checks the validity of a post. Plus you can check sellers profile too before dealing!
    Just because there are mods checking, and there being vouch copies, and checking the sellers profile does not guarantee the safety of selling/buying from people in here, or any place in general, it should be evident by now that you shouldn't trust anyone regardless who they are and what their current intentions are, if you put too much trust onto the people who actively promote safety may end up breaking the "trust" you have in them and scam you.

There been minority of amount who were highly trusted and looked up to, then they ended up being selfish L's who scammed, one of them was even a global moderator at one point, but I do hope people around here that put away their ego's.
    Last edited by Charion; 07-05-2020 at 05:52 AM.
    Reputation power: 56
    If I helped you in any way or shape of form, it's always appreciated to thank or give a rep!

| [ Rules ] | [ Market Place ] | [ Scammers Grave ] | [ Report a scammer ] |

Achievements:
    News Force - 08-23-2018 - 10-02-2018
    Middleman - 05-09-20 - 19-12-2020
    Former Staff - 19-12-2020 - On-going

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Without a centralized system that makes fraud difficult it will still keep happening. You can't trust people.

THE EYE OF AN ADMINISTRATOR IS UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO IM GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE IM GONNA BE

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you lose.” - Dave84311

HAVING VIRTUAL DETOX