Thread: The Outpost

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking

The Outpost

Movie got released Friday (July 3rd). Just watched it today and it's honestly one of the best war battle movies of all time. I'd say if you really liked Black Hawk Down, you'll really like The Outpost. Some of the soldiers that were at the actual battle played themselves in the movie. They also interviewed some soldiers from the battle in the credits. Highly highly recommend. I highly recommend it so much that I went out of my way to post this thread.

Trailer:

Honestly after watching the trailer, the trailer is pretty dramatized compared to the actual movie. The actual movie is pretty intense but the trailer makes it look like a drama with the musical soundtrack.
    Rep. Power: 126

Minion: 11/28/12-3/15/14

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bernard For This Useful Post:

Glass (07-06-2020)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    I heard about it and forgot about the whole covid thing and how everything is instant piracy now

I'll give it a watch tonight maybe

THE EYE OF AN ADMINISTRATOR IS UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO IM GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE IM GONNA BE

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you lose.” - Dave84311

HAVING VIRTUAL DETOX

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Seems cool, might check it out with the indians @Time @Hector @Halos something something
    Previous Names

Zavior
    Xavier
    Eternity
    Azathoth
    Eternity (again)
    Add me on IM

Please press +Rep or Thanks if you find my work or found something I said helpful

"Endless Void."

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Eternity For This Useful Post:

Hector (07-05-2020)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Scared
    @Bernard. you ever watched 1917

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Watched it, it was intense and was an alright movie.

The idea of building a military base at the bottom of a valley surrounded by nothing but mountains was fucking stupid.

THE EYE OF AN ADMINISTRATOR IS UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO IM GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE IM GONNA BE

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you lose.” - Dave84311

HAVING VIRTUAL DETOX

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dave84311 For This Useful Post:

Bernard (07-05-2020)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by bou View Post
    No though I've heard that its good in that they pulled off some great continuous frames. Idk the right word for it. 1917 and Dunkirk I hear are very good but haven't watched it. If someone goes out of their way to recommend one of those, I'll probably watch it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Scared
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernard. View Post

No though I've heard that its good in that they pulled off some great continuous frames. Idk the right word for it. 1917 and Dunkirk I hear are very good but haven't watched it. If someone goes out of their way to recommend one of those, I'll probably watch it.
    i recommend both i like 1917 much more than dunkirk

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Definitely enjoyed Dunkirk and 1917 more. Something about saving the world from nazi scum vs killing undermatched scrubs in a rabbit hole made it more enjoyable. Also some of the text at the beginning made me expect them all to die which I pretty much thought about the whole time.

HAVING VIRTUAL DETOX

Thanks
    Thank you for the recommendation, weekend viewing is found

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    Definitely enjoyed Dunkirk and 1917 more. Something about saving the world from nazi scum vs killing undermatched scrubs in a rabbit hole made it more enjoyable. Also some of the text at the beginning made me expect them all to die which I pretty much thought about the whole time.
    Just finished 1917. I feel like the directing itself was very good. Not a fan of beginning "actors keep on walking toward camera while camera backs away" shot but I liked just about every other shot. The story was okay. I guess I'm more of fan of constant intense battle like Black Hawk Down or The Outpost. Probably gonna watch Dunkirk sometime this week.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Scared

Just finished 1917. I feel like the directing itself was very good. Not a fan of beginning "actors keep on walking toward camera while camera backs away" shot but I liked just about every other shot. The story was okay. I guess I'm more of fan of constant intense battle like Black Hawk Down or The Outpost. Probably gonna watch Dunkirk sometime this week.
    oh yeah ik what you mean, just depends on the time of day if i want to sit through a movie like interstellar where it's just 3 hours of storytelling or if i want to watch something more action packed, usually the movies i watch are i'd say like 70% story telling 30% action

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking

oh yeah ik what you mean, just depends on the time of day if i want to sit through a movie like interstellar where it's just 3 hours of storytelling or if i want to watch something more action packed, usually the movies i watch are i'd say like 70% story telling 30% action
    Oh man Interstellar is another movie that I heard years ago was really good and scientifically accurate. Movies are such a massive time commitment though.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Scared

Oh man Interstellar is another movie that I heard years ago was really good and scientifically accurate. Movies are such a massive time commitment though.
    yeahhh i honestly love interstellar watched it like 5 times probably since its release, but its very long like 2h44m or something like that, idk i guess im into story movies now that i think about it

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Stayed up all night watching Dunkirk and thought it was just a little above solid. Nice seeing a mix of heroism, fear/panic, and self-preservation. I get that it was one of the greatest evacuations of all time, but the movie felt moreso like watching people get constantly massacred than a battle (which is arguably historically accurate so). Dogfights were good, but most scenes were just ships constantly being sunk for a good portion of the movie. If I could break down Dunkirk, felt it was like 60% ships being sank and people jumping overboard, 20% aerial dogfights, 20% plot drama. Solid shots and directing overall. I give Dunkirk a slightly better rating than 1917.
    Last edited by Bernard.; 07-08-2020 at 03:14 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Drunk
    getting lone survivor vibes from this trailer, i'll watch it sometime later

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast