Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful

VPN for auric cells

I'm trying to change the country to Argentina, for cheaper auric cells, but once I click on "Change country" it says "there was a problem changing your country. Please try again later"

Anyone know something about this ?
    Last edited by xXGhostXx1230; 4 Weeks Ago at 08:26 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Log into your account without any VPN, disable everything thats part of steam guard. Also on the same page deauthorize every device. Close steam completely and even check in task manager if the isn't any steam process still running. Connect to your country and open steam again. It should work now.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to RocKit99 For This Useful Post:

xXGhostXx1230 (4 Weeks Ago)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by RocKit99 View Post
    Log into your account without any VPN, disable everything thats part of steam guard. Also on the same page deauthorize every device. Close steam completely and even check in task manager if the isn't any steam process still running. Connect to your country and open steam again. It should work now.
    Once I change the country, I can turn steam guard back on, right ?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by xXGhostXx1230 View Post
    Once I change the country, I can turn steam guard back on, right ?
    after you changed the country, you can turn off vpn and play normally. and yes, u can turn it back on

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ImNotApersonl For This Useful Post:

xXGhostXx1230 (4 Weeks Ago)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Okay, thanks both of you for the answers.
    I'm gonna go ahead and try it, see if it works

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I disabled Steam guard, and deauthorized every devices, but still getting the same error.
    Maybe Steam patched this method ?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Okay, thanks both of you for the answers.
    I'm gonna go ahead and try it, see if it works

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I disabled Steam guard, and deauthorized every devices, but still getting the same error.
    Maybe Steam patched this method ?
    they did not patch it since i changed my steam region back to argentina a few days ago (actually almost a week ago) because i changed it back to my real country bc why not, what vpn are you using? how long you have been trying to do it? have you logged off from phone/website/steam desktop before using the vpn? if it does not work in next 24 hours, maybe try out some other vpn.

i had an issue changing my country with some vpns before such as softether so i got myself nordvpn and abusing their system since they will give your money back if you didnt like it, just had to do that before 30 days or something.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    It could be that they turned region change off generally during steam sale, I've heard this isn't the first time so you maybe just have to be patient. You've chosen a bad time.

Thanks
    i did this a year ago, and i recently did it again on another different steam account a week ago, it still is working. You will get a error if you try to change your country if you recently brought something in the steam shop, you would have to wait 2 weeks until you can change to another country.

also there is no point in changing back to your original country, argentina is basically steam sale all the time.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by ImNotApersonl View Post
    they did not patch it since i changed my steam region back to argentina a few days ago (actually almost a week ago) because i changed it back to my real country bc why not, what vpn are you using? how long you have been trying to do it? have you logged off from phone/website/steam desktop before using the vpn? if it does not work in next 24 hours, maybe try out some other vpn.

i had an issue changing my country with some vpns before such as softether so i got myself nordvpn and abusing their system since they will give your money back if you didnt like it, just had to do that before 30 days or something.
    I'm using TigerVPN
    I've been trying to do this since yesterday.
    I'll try it again in a few days

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Ponocha View Post
    i did this a year ago, and i recently did it again on another different steam account a week ago, it still is working. You will get a error if you try to change your country if you recently brought something in the steam shop, you would have to wait 2 weeks until you can change to another country.

also there is no point in changing back to your original country, argentina is basically steam sale all the time.
    Yeah well I bought some DLC's for DBD a few days ago, but not through Steam. It was from Kinguin.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RocKit99 View Post
    It could be that they turned region change off generally during steam sale, I've heard this isn't the first time so you maybe just have to be patient. You've chosen a bad time.
    Makes sense, cuz steam sale + Argentina = Super steam sale 😂

Thanks
    I'm using TigerVPN
    I've been trying to do this since yesterday.
    I'll try it again in a few days

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah well I bought some DLC's for DBD a few days ago, but not through Steam. It was from Kinguin.

- - - Updated - - -

Makes sense, cuz steam sale + Argentina = Super steam sale ��

did you recently activated the dlc?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Ponocha View Post
    did you recently activated the dlc?
    I bought Ghostface DLC on June 27th, and some others on June 30th, and then that's it. So yeah, I activated DLC's on June 30th last time. Does activating a DLC also activate that 2 week cooldown for changing country ?
    Last edited by xXGhostXx1230; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:36 AM.

Thanks
    Nah it stopped working 3 days ago, go to any YT video and sort comments by new and everyone is complaining about it. They either fixed it for good or just for the sale (my guess is forever).

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    I bought Ghostface DLC on June 27th, and some others on June 30th, and then that's it. So yeah, I activated DLC's on June 30th last time. Does activating a DLC also activate that 2 week cooldown for changing country ?
    activating or buying anything or adding money to your account will give you a 2 day cooldown or something. changing country will give you a 2 week cooldown.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirKelter View Post
    Nah it stopped working 3 days ago, go to any YT video and sort comments by new and everyone is complaining about it. They either fixed it for good or just for the sale (my guess is forever).
    i guess they did something about it, some free/trial vpns are having a problem or its something else, it always worked for me when using nordvpn, but i dont think they fix/patch it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    I'm starting to think the reason it's not working, because of the summer sale. Maybe when it's over [ July 9th ] then it will be fixed, hopefully

Thanks
    I'm starting to think the reason it's not working, because of the summer sale. Maybe when it's over [ July 9th ] then it will be fixed, hopefully
    I still wouldnt try it, bunch of reddit nerds are making threads about it and are actually writing steam support to start banning people, kinda sad if you ask me.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast