Thanks
    My Mood
    Confused

Post Noob setting up Fabiano source with Nilly

I'm a few years too late but I'm trying to set up my own server using Fabiano with nilly's items and I've done everything you need to do to do it but it isn't working

I got the textures and the xmls and put them into the right spots (texture folder in the server project) and xml's in dat1
    I've put the xml's in ghost ship binary in the client using ffdec
    I've put the id's in constants.js

I can /give the items in game they are just entirely blank and show up as the "Art" sprite with nothing about them

I've used this(Which asks to add some code to parse it but I have no clue where that should go)
    http s://www.mp gh.net/forum/showthr ead.php?t=121 0170
    This(which followed explicitly)
    htt ps://www.yout ube.com/wa tch?v=xeMaFH pRUu8
    and this
    htt ps://www.yout ube.com/watch?v=hxC t9YZodkI& t=360s

Also whenever I rebuild the project on visual studio it resets the constants.js file back to the original file and deletes the new item id's I've inputted
    htt ps://img ur.com/Ob1 vWcU
    htt ps://you tu.be/ixm7 U6i4_fs

Sorry about the spaces in the links, I can't post links till 15 posts
    Last edited by Flameytail; 07-14-2020 at 01:28 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    You only need to add your items XML objects to your server and client, and also the sprites to the client as well. Your XML objects have a texture tag, which tells you what sprite sheet and what position in that sprite sheet the texture is located.

If you add an object to dat1.xml, you also need to add it to the client, then if the object's texture is lofiobj5 0xff, the sprite of the object needs to be located there in the client.

Proper technique would involve having the same XML files in your server and client, instead of a large dat1 file and then putting everything in the GhostShip file in the client.

My weapon is a backpack.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Confused
    Quote Originally Posted by Invader_Zim View Post
    You only need to add your items XML objects to your server and client, and also the sprites to the client as well. Your XML objects have a texture tag, which tells you what sprite sheet and what position in that sprite sheet the texture is located.

If you add an object to dat1.xml, you also need to add it to the client, then if the object's texture is lofiobj5 0xff, the sprite of the object needs to be located there in the client.

Proper technique would involve having the same XML files in your server and client, instead of a large dat1 file and then putting everything in the GhostShip file in the client.
    So after I posted this I remade a xml for the Boshy Gun and did it exactly as he did it in the video and referenced the sprite in lofi5 where the sprite was and added the xml's to ghost ship, added the sprites to both the server and the client, and it added the boshy gun but nothing else
    https://www.youtu be.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=7w0tRmYTzew

I think I've done that. whenever I test something I rebuild the server project, replace the old ghost ship xml with the new dat1 and then compile and save everything and that is the result
    |
    V
    Here's a uncoordinated video about what exactly is happening
    https://yout u.be/v9zmrec-5p8

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Your XMLs in the client should match your XMLs in the server. Your client does not have large file with every object in it like your server does, instead it's split up for proper organization. If you've noticed, the dat1 file is just every client XML pasted into one file. You can copy your client's XMLs located in the assets folder, into your server's folder which holds the XMLs. From there you notice a file named Equip (EmbeddedData_EquipCXML), this file contains any objects that interacts with the player's inventory. Add your item there, and then do the same in the client's Equip file.

The sole purpose of this is to be better organized. You can easily just add your item object into dat1, then add it anywhere in the client, in your case you're using the Ghost Ship file.
    Last edited by Invader_Zim; 07-15-2020 at 07:30 PM.

My weapon is a backpack.