Thanks

Am I full Programmer?

I mostly just browse ****** and read the source code of anything i want to know. I don't know what half of the terms means but i just google them as i go. is this enough for me to learn the programming. lots of code i steal from anyway is written in chinese so i have to google anyway. am i stupid but everybody tell me to read watch youtube video but none of the videos really show anything from ****** just the simple pointers and things. so i read actual programming books and none of them really show all the fancy words that ****** has written in the language except for 'in an nutshell books'.
    the libraries are basically premade programs written in binary right? where do i find that library of all the premade library. when i use it's called API? I am only 20 year old and want to work as my own boss. lots of services online have their own API I have to pay to use so i don't have to write code myself? i am just trying to run a business buying little apps (knock offs) legally with ads on them. i never went to college but just want to make a little dough on side. i get i need to patent or pay royalties to whoever i steal from assuming they have patent. it says i need to have 20 year experience to be a 'real programmer' but now some people are being 'full stack programmers' in under 4 months. what is the real answer. can i professional run a business knowing a general idea of programming but without being an expert? i just hire freelancers on side for whatever i do not know? thanks. the questions seems to obvious but this is just my understanding.

Thanks
    Doing it in a way you described, you're wasting your time. No offense though. You did not mentioned what programming language you was reading. I myself started with C# full retard about 6 years ago with a source I was interested in. I had no idea neither about terms. And the IDE itself was very cryptic as well. The IDE I use is MS Visual Studio Community which is literally the best available, and is free if you do not install features that belongs to the paid version.

If you never programmed anything. Barely none will not learn just like that unless you have a good teacher that can speak and teach you in your native language. You will need a lot of patience as well.

I've coded fully with C++ for 4 months (fully means usually 12 hours almost every day). And the results are good BUT. I've now about 10 years of experience in PHP and 6 years in C#. Still though, all the time I learn new things. I am usually very good at what I do. But the time and patience it takes ...

And sometimes even a simple thing in C++ may take a day or two! If you got 6-12 hours time per day to code. Go for it. Otherwise, do not bother. It can happen that all of a sudden you will notice that all of your time goes to coding.

If you only read books without doing anything practical that interests you, almost useless and waste of time. At the same time when you read a book and actually code something that interests you; then it is maybe worth the time.

It is 99.99% hopeless to start directly with C++ if you've no idea.

I do exactly as you but Googling is not that simple neither. It took me a year to learn how to Google for what I wanted (when you learn the terms what to Google for).

It's a total horror with PHP if you do not know exactly what to Google for. If you do not know "How to Google". You will not find what you needed and will end up wasting days/weeks time for just Googling.

There are too many ways in C++ to do the same thing. And this will confuse every new user for sure. I am a bit older than you but I neither was in college. Basically an idiot like me should not even be able to code in C++ but I can now.

Just my 10 cents.
    Last edited by H4x0rBattie; 09-05-2020 at 01:55 AM. Reason: After a 10 years of coding, I am still a retard.