Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow

Religion and future

Do you think God and religion will be relevant in a future where technological advancement provides quality of life to everyone? Would it remain a global phenomenon or will only the poor have faith in religion and a god due to their inaccessibility to said quality of life technology for the people who can afford it.

/discuss

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Well first we have to define what a god. The reason I think it will be revelant is that people always want something higher than themselves to believe in. It doesn't have to a current religon god, but it does have to be something higher than humanity itself. One of the main reasons that religion exists is for answers that scientists cannot answer. Unless we find the answers to everything in the next 10,000 years, religion is not going anywhere. Relgion helps cope for things like death, sins, mortality, etc. Just what I think. GO HINDUS : )
    Previous Names

Zavior
    Xavier
    Eternity
    Azathoth
    Eternity (again)
    Add me on IM

Please press +Rep or Thanks if you find my work or found something I said helpful

"Endless Void."

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternity View Post
    Well first we have to define what a god. The reason I think it will be revelant is that people always want something higher than themselves to believe in. It doesn't have to a current religon god, but it does have to be something higher than humanity itself. One of the main reasons that religion exists is for answers that scientists cannot answer. Unless we find the answers to everything in the next 10,000 years, religion is not going anywhere. Relgion helps cope for things like death, sins, mortality, etc. Just what I think. GO HINDUS : )
    wouldnt want to derail with the definition of god but just take it as what you or I have witnessed in our lives I suppose, so when science is able to answer everything would religion still exist or be practised? If everyone in this world is in a good place would they still look towards God?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.INDIA View Post

wouldnt want to derail with the definition of god but just take it as what you or I have witnessed in our lives I suppose, so when science is able to answer everything would religion still exist or be practised? If everyone in this world is in a good place would they still look towards God?
    Science wil probably never be able to answer your question. Otherwise what would the point be in believing? otherwise everyone would be following the same religion if God did exist or if he did not no one would be following a religion.

Joined - 10/21/2016
    Premium - 12/19/2016
    Premium Seller - 04/24/2017
    Newsforce - 10/19/2017

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring
    Quote Originally Posted by Levi View Post

Science wil probably never be able to answer your question. Otherwise what would the point be in believing? otherwise everyone would be following the same religion if God did exist or if he did not no one would be following a religion.
    What exactly do you mean by "Science will probably never be able to answer your question ..."? Science does answer a lot of questions today, but people still choose to believe in monotheistic or polytheistic religions. This is because as someone above mentioned, there are things that we can't explain and human beings love to find easy explanations to difficult questions.

When it comes to the statement "otherwise everyone would be following the same religion" I'd say that if there was a god and that it was proven, people would still choose to believe in other gods. Why? Because questions like "Why would you purposely create famine, war etc?" come up. And if there was a god, why wouldn't other gods exist?. People always choose to believe in what's right for them and what benefits their own positions and mindsets. Something I like to believe in is from a quote that comes from a book I've read and loved, where there's a quote saying "The truth is that there are no good men, or bad men, It is the deeds that have goodness or badness in them. There are good deeds, and bad deeds. Men are just men - it is what they do, or refuse to do, that links them to good and evil.".

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ImPus For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Time (10-15-2020)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

A look at WEstern civilization and Islam

It is a very interesting topic as we are seeing rather interesting developments in the Muslim and western world. What's particularly interesting is that the majority of the worlds powerful institutions and countries both in the west and the east are becoming and are more secular and ashiest. I would postulate that what we are witnessing is Islam's reaction and reluctance to undergo the same modernization that western and eastern faiths had already undertaken. Ultimately, for most people, I do not think the creation or discoveries of certain phenomena actually influences the average persons disposition to god. Ultimately, I view faith as simply another facet of culture.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to canadalake For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Time (10-15-2020)

Thanks
    GOD IS REAL

Thanks
    Religions will vanish sooner or later

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by -WhiteBeard View Post
    Religions will vanish sooner or later
    Hard to say like that. Need more explaination regarding the topic.
    For example, once humans find the origin of the universe, possibly thanks to a super computer mind, what will religion be?

People will never wake up, because it helps them cope with sensitive things. How many people have you witnessed becoming "religious" near the time of their death?