Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 48
  1. #1
    CYBERPVNK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Night City
    Posts
    915
    Reputation
    171
    Thanks
    4,295

    Compton Citizens CELEBRATE After Two Officers Are Shot

    Nothing more to say. Tired of the demonetization of police which leads to such atrocities occurring.


  2. #2
    DragonyCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    NL
    Posts
    972
    Reputation
    372
    Thanks
    128
    My Mood
    Dead
    Haven't seen Shapiro in a while damn

    A +rep or thanks is always appreciated (:
    -
    "Like roses, we blossom, then die"
    you cute~
     


     







     






    While you're here.. consider buying me a coffee! via:
    BTC: 3R1yFJQ617sVCXLCBzXRnB1iAE6xydofBd
    ETH: 0xd739a1692247d43015A81fCF64f4c0284952b23F

  3. #3
    Assistive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    『3』『8』『6』
    Posts
    6,573
    Reputation
    905
    Thanks
    1,520
    My Mood
    Amused
    Look at those apes... lul

    "Dab is a Shitposting Retard" - Boombox 2016
     


  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Assistive For This Useful Post:

    Ecliippse (4 Weeks Ago)

  5. #4
    DragonyCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    NL
    Posts
    972
    Reputation
    372
    Thanks
    128
    My Mood
    Dead
    What I am also scared about... today, it's the officers, tomorrow it can be random (or specific) civilians. Fuck those people.

    A +rep or thanks is always appreciated (:
    -
    "Like roses, we blossom, then die"
    you cute~
     


     







     






    While you're here.. consider buying me a coffee! via:
    BTC: 3R1yFJQ617sVCXLCBzXRnB1iAE6xydofBd
    ETH: 0xd739a1692247d43015A81fCF64f4c0284952b23F

  6. #5
    CYBERPVNK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Night City
    Posts
    915
    Reputation
    171
    Thanks
    4,295
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonyCat View Post
    What I am also scared about... today, it's the officers, tomorrow it can be random (or specific) civilians. Fuck those people.
    You are already targeted in certain areas if you wear any kind of merch that supports Trump. You are seen as a racist, fascist, homophobic bigot and risk getting into an unwanted physical altercation, or at the very least getting labeled one of the things I just listed.

  7. #6
    DragonyCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    NL
    Posts
    972
    Reputation
    372
    Thanks
    128
    My Mood
    Dead
    Quote Originally Posted by CYBERPVNK View Post
    You are already targeted in certain areas if you wear any kind of merch that supports Trump. You are seen as a racist, fascist, homophobic bigot and risk getting into an unwanted physical altercation, or at the very least getting labeled one of the things I just listed.
    Crazy.. can't imagine living like that.

    A +rep or thanks is always appreciated (:
    -
    "Like roses, we blossom, then die"
    you cute~
     


     







     






    While you're here.. consider buying me a coffee! via:
    BTC: 3R1yFJQ617sVCXLCBzXRnB1iAE6xydofBd
    ETH: 0xd739a1692247d43015A81fCF64f4c0284952b23F

  8. #7
    Sheep Brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    5,120
    Reputation
    1116
    Thanks
    1,100
    Shapiro the goat btw

    Also, typical double standard

  9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sheep Brain For This Useful Post:

    CYBERPVNK (09-15-2020),[MPGH]DragonyCat (09-15-2020),[MPGH]Shadow (09-15-2020)

  10. #8
    Bernard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Land Beyond
    Posts
    26,120
    Reputation
    3211
    Thanks
    3,430
    My Mood
    Dead
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonyCat View Post
    Haven't seen Shapiro in a while damn
    Use to follow him like 2-3 years back. Then stopped caring and heard him come back up due to the WAP shit.
    Rep. Power: 123

    Minion: 11/28/12-3/15/14

  11. #9
    Confluencyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    36
    Reputation
    33
    Thanks
    11
    So what I'm going to go after is the point of this video, not the shooting, but the want to push a narrative that systemic racism doesn't exist, and the implication that those looking for reform are "wrong" and are propagating people into committing these horrible acts like shown in the video. (This is literally what Ben Shapiro is doing, shifting the blame and continuing to deny the evidence)

    Now before I get started, I want to say that I hope police officers recover and that the person responsible gets the time he deserves

    Anyways,

    If you watched the video, the REAL point isn't that the police were shot and that it's bad that this happened (we all know this), but it's to propagate an already easily manipulated group of people into picking a side and using this shooting as a way to convince them that "social justice" reform is a sham and there is no merit/evidence for it, and that the 'left' is the real reason this is happening because "This is what happens when you throw out false claims about systemic racism!".

    The irony in this- is that the evidence actually does show there is systemic racism in policing, and it's people like Shapiro and his followers who are helping the disparity between the people and the police grow. The fact that someone can be so confident in themselves to deny the evidence and then decide "Ah yes it's their fault" is EXACTLY the reason why tensions are growing. Nothing is worse than people who are willfully ignorant.

    Let's make it simple -

    You have a group of people who are presenting a claim that they believe to be true, and they present their evidence and other subjective/objective information. They expect positive action and betterment of the society they live in.

    Then on the other side, you have a group of people who vehemently deny the argument tooth and nail, and even when presented with the evidence to prove they are wrong, they double down and even attempt to shift the blame on those looking to have their problems addressed.

    Now after several decades of this denial, the side presenting the claim grow more and more angry as time goes on because nothing is actually being addressed, but all the opposing side does is continue to double down. The animosity grows and voila, you have our current climate!

    But to support my assessment above of the situation, we need the facts!


    Systemic racism is real, the evidence shows it exists in of different parts of American society, but we'll stick with policing.

    Here is a study that shows that Blacks and Hispanics are 50% more likely to experience some sort of forceful response from the police, where as whites are typically treated less violently for the same situations.

    And before I give you the chance, this study accounts for context. It accounts for how blacks/whites/hispanics responded to the initial stop, it accounts for location, all that good stuff.

    The only thing this study does not support is that Blacks are not found to be shot/killed more than police as opposed to other races. The good thing is that "systemic racism" is a lot more than who you kill!

    Instead of just looking at shootings, the study looks at a way bigger pool of non-fatal encounters between a citizen and a cop. So yes, police treat Blacks worse than whites, they just kill everyone the same!

    https://www.nber.org/papers/w22399

    Here's a breakdown of the study in some nice graphs!

    https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/12/u...shootings.html

    Here's another study showing blacks motorists are ticketed more than their white counterparts for same offenses.

    https://5harad.com/papers/100M-stops.pdf

    Here's my favorite part about the study,

    "The study's authors acknowledged that basing this disparity on bias is hard to do in a statistically significant way, so they also analyzed the data using what they called the "veil of darkness" test. Essentially, they looked at the racial breakdown of only the traffic stops made after dark, when the race of a motorist is harder to discern.
    Even when applied to different subsets of data, the results "[showed] a marked drop in the proportion of drivers stopped after dusk who are black, suggestive of discrimination in stop decisions."






    It's funny how Ben's motto is "facts don't care about your feelings", yet he disregards the multitude of studies showing blacks have historically and currently are/have been treated worse by the police.
    Last edited by Confluencyy; 09-15-2020 at 04:29 PM.

  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Confluencyy For This Useful Post:

    Dab (09-16-2020),PapaNitsuj (4 Weeks Ago),testacct (4 Weeks Ago)

  13. #10
    Bernard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Land Beyond
    Posts
    26,120
    Reputation
    3211
    Thanks
    3,430
    My Mood
    Dead
    Quote Originally Posted by CYBERPVNK View Post
    You are already targeted in certain areas if you wear any kind of merch that supports Trump. You are seen as a racist, fascist, homophobic bigot and risk getting into an unwanted physical altercation, or at the very least getting labeled one of the things I just listed.
    Lol it's shitty that that's how it be, but that's like repping crip in blood territory and repping blood in crip territory. I imagine someone would probably get seen as a free-loading communist sjws for wearing Bernie merch. I personally don't rep shit, but I'd rep Bernie where I'm from cause he has wide support where I'm from and I like him. I call it reading the room.


    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Confluencyy View Post
    "social justice" reform is a sham and there is no merit/evidence for it
    Like they say "No Justice. No Peace." Now I'm not saying the violence is justified before people misconstrue what I'm saying. I'm saying that if people have grievances, if you don't address them, you're gonna have some problems. Sticking your head in the sand ain't flying no more.
    Rep. Power: 123

    Minion: 11/28/12-3/15/14

  14. #11
    CYBERPVNK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Night City
    Posts
    915
    Reputation
    171
    Thanks
    4,295
    Quote Originally Posted by Confluencyy View Post
    ~SNIP~
    I'm not here to debate this topic. I plan on posting an entire thread regarding this topic in the near future, but I just wanted to share how fucking ridiculous this is getting to the point where people are cheering on the killing of cops. However, I'll entertain this one post because everything you said is easy to rebuttal.

    Systemic racism is real, the evidence shows it exists in of different parts of American society, but we'll stick with policing.
    No, in modern day America, there is nothing given to any other race that is not given or available to Black people. Systematic racism does not exist in any form.

    Here is a study that shows that Blacks and Hispanics are 50% more likely to experience some sort of forceful response from the police, where as whites are typically treated less violently for the same situations.
    You have to take into account how they interacted with the police. Did they do what the officer wanted them to do? Did they argue with the officer and give him a hard time? Did they seem at all hostile during the encounter? The data you linked seemingly does not include any of these factors.

    These are direct quotes from the study you linked me.

    Unfortunately, officers are not required to document the sequence in which they used force.
    This is a very vital factor that is missing from this study. Context matters.

    Second, lower level uses of force – such as the use of hands – are both recorded in these data and more frequently used by law enforcement than more intense uses of force.
    Considering that in the study they consider the use of hands as a "use of force", this can literally mean anything as far as physical interaction goes between the police and the citizen. The citizen was grabbed and escorted to the car? Use of force. The citizen was told to face a wall? Use of force. So many possible variables that contribute to the stat that "Black people are 50% more likely to be exposed to a "use of force" by police. Even if this was the case, this does not at all undeniably validate the idea that the American police force is systematically targeting Black and Latino people. Not to mention, this study was done in a very small handful of cities that have some of the highest Black crime stats in the US, ratio wise. For a study like this to be taken at all seriously, it needs to be conducted nationwide to be considered a valid point that the United States police force is systematically racist.

    Approximately 50 percent of stops were initiated because a civilian fit the relevant description of a person of interest, were assumed to be a lookout for a crime, or the officers were casing a victim or location.
    This is also an important contributing factor to take into consideration.

    For white officers, the probability that a white suspect who is involved in officer-involved shooting has a weapon is 84.2%. The equivalent probability for blacks is 80.9%. A difference of 4%, which is not statistically significant. For black officers, the probability that a white suspect who is involved in an officers-involved shooting has a weapon is surprisingly lower, 57.1%. The equivalent probability for black suspects is 73.0%. The only statistically significant differences by race demonstrate that black officers are more likely to shoot unarmed whites, relative to white officers.
    I found this finding very interesting, considering that according to this statement, these stats alone could contribute to personal racial biases of the officer based off of his experience with his interactions with suspects and citizens. I find it particularly interesting that a Black officer is more likely to have an interaction with a hostile Black armed man than a hostile White armed man, which is greater than the equivalent stats of a White officer.

    And before I give you the chance, this study accounts for context. It accounts for how blacks/whites/hispanics responded to the initial stop, it accounts for location, all that good stuff.
    No, it doesn't provide accurate information in regards to this. It bases these stats primarily off of how the citizen in question believed the stop happened. This data is not officially verified.

    The only thing this study does not support is that Blacks are not found to be shot/killed more than police as opposed to other races. The good thing is that "systemic racism" is a lot more than who you kill!
    But this is an inconsistency of your argument. If systematic racism exist within the police force nation wide, why wouldn't we see more deadly shootings in relation to White officers on Black citizens? If officers truly were targeting Black people and if systematic racism existed, I see no reason why this number would not be higher.

    Instead of just looking at shootings, the study looks at a way bigger pool of non-fatal encounters between a citizen and a cop. So yes, police treat Blacks worse than whites, they just kill everyone the same!
    No, again, the "forceful interactions" include a variety of factors that aren't necessarily physically harmful. i.e the officers putting their hands on the citizen or the citizen being told to turn around and look at a wall. Not to mention, Black and Latino officers exist. Are you telling me that all the included cases where a Black or Latino man/women officer interacted forcefully with a Black or Latino man/women that they were targeting their own race, furthermore contributing to systematic racism? I don't think so.

    It's funny how Ben's motto is "facts don't care about your feelings", yet he disregards the multitude of studies showing blacks have historically and currently are/have been treated worse by the police.
    He disregards them because they are filled with inconsistencies and fail to validate their statistics that they claim are "based on context", like the study you linked me.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to CYBERPVNK For This Useful Post:

    Sheep Brain (09-15-2020)

  16. #12
    Confluencyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    36
    Reputation
    33
    Thanks
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by CYBERPVNK View Post
    No, in modern day America, there is nothing given to any other race that is not given or available to Black people. Systematic racism does not exist in any form.
    It does, the research is literally on my side. Do you notice what the re-occurring theme is on every single one of your posts is? That you have no counter evidence. It's semantics and finding anyway to pretend like you've somehow denounced my argument, without actually providing anything credible.

    Blacks receive 10- 20% harsher sentences than whites -

    https://www.ussc.gov/sites/default/f...mographics.pdf

    This study is a little more elaborate, so I highly recommend you read the Methodology portion of the study before anything. It accounts for quite a bit, including prior criminal history. I look forward to the mental gymnastics you're going to play here!

    Won't see this on Ben Shapiro's show though!

    Another study just to doubly prove you're wrong, which backs up the above study.

    https://repository.law.umich.edu/cgi...ntext=articles


    So not only does systemic racism still exist, it compounds with the systemic racism of the past that has shrouded blacks for hundreds of years.

    Quote Originally Posted by CYBERPVNK View Post
    He disregards them because they are filled with inconsistencies and fail to validate their statistics that they claim are "based on context", like the study you linked me.
    You're overplaying the "inconsistencies". The study just adds to the pile of evidence of racial discrimination. Regardless though, I'm pretty confident the study's above will fit your goalposts for validation.


    There's lots of other stuff to discuss so I look forward to your thread.

  17. #13
    DragonyCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    NL
    Posts
    972
    Reputation
    372
    Thanks
    128
    My Mood
    Dead
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernard View Post


    Use to follow him like 2-3 years back. Then stopped caring and heard him come back up due to the WAP shit.
    Yeah same for me lol.

    A +rep or thanks is always appreciated (:
    -
    "Like roses, we blossom, then die"
    you cute~
     


     







     






    While you're here.. consider buying me a coffee! via:
    BTC: 3R1yFJQ617sVCXLCBzXRnB1iAE6xydofBd
    ETH: 0xd739a1692247d43015A81fCF64f4c0284952b23F

  18. #14
    Dumbfuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    2,186
    Reputation
    878
    Thanks
    576
    It's the planet of the apes.

    Guess who's the humans. Just guess the race.

    Sad to see two innocent lives being taken by what I presume is a thug.
     
    MPGH History
    Member
    05/04/2015
    Premium
    27/09/2017
    Cock Sucker
    10/01/2018 - 23/08/2018
    Premium Seller
    10/03/2018
    News Force
    14/05/2018 - idfk
    Publicist - Translator
    01/09/2018 - idfk
    Publicist - Wiki Management
    30/10/2019 - oof
    Middleman
    05/09/2020

  19. #15
    CYBERPVNK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Night City
    Posts
    915
    Reputation
    171
    Thanks
    4,295
    Quote Originally Posted by Confluencyy View Post
    It does, the research is literally on my side. Do you notice what the re-occurring theme is on every single one of your posts is? That you have no counter evidence. It's semantics and finding anyway to pretend like you've somehow denounced my argument, without actually providing anything credible.

    Blacks receive 10- 20% harsher sentences than whites -

    https://www.ussc.gov/sites/default/f...mographics.pdf

    This study is a little more elaborate, so I highly recommend you read the Methodology portion of the study before anything. It accounts for quite a bit, including prior criminal history. I look forward to the mental gymnastics you're going to play here!

    Won't see this on Ben Shapiro's show though!

    Another study just to doubly prove you're wrong, which backs up the above study.

    https://repository.law.umich.edu/cgi...ntext=articles


    So not only does systemic racism still exist, it compounds with the systemic racism of the past that has shrouded blacks for hundreds of years.



    You're overplaying the "inconsistencies". The study just adds to the pile of evidence of racial discrimination. Regardless though, I'm pretty confident the study's above will fit your goalposts for validation.


    There's lots of other stuff to discuss so I look forward to your thread.
    There is nothing here of substance that proves your point that systematic racism exist across the US. Systematic racism doesn't exist. You have sub-sectors of precincts that may be corrupt and may have racist individual officers working within them, but what you have linked me fails to provide any kind of evidence that police across America are targeting Black people. Racism exist in America, as does it in any other country around the world. There are people in powerful positions that may be racist, but this does not mean that the entire country operates on oppressing Black people. That's a ridiculous notion.

    Sorry that you think my rebuttal is mental gymnastics, because it's not. If you fail to understand my points and you continue to attempt to use the same arguments, then this discussion is pointless.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Video] Audio of two officers being shot
    By Copperhorse in forum General
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-14-2016, 07:43 PM
  2. AFTER TWO YEARS
    By Snake in forum General
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-15-2012, 07:31 AM
  3. [Discussion] Guys can i ask if this two viruses are harmful?
    By Ryuzaki™ in forum CrossFire PH Discussions
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-13-2011, 03:19 PM
  4. New Hacks Are Not Working After Two Days
    By rookz1 in forum Combat Arms Hacks & Cheats
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-10-2009, 06:36 AM