Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 48
  1. #31
    Bernard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Land Beyond
    Posts
    26,120
    Reputation
    3211
    Thanks
    3,430
    My Mood
    Dead
    Quote Originally Posted by CYBERPVNK View Post
    They are more important variables, because systemic racism is not as much as a rampant issue like you believe it is, but all the other factors that contribute to their quality of live are and CAN be fixed. Lets just ignore the toxic gang culture that plagues the Black community, single mother households that lead to the children having increased chances to end up committing crimes, ending up in prison, and repeating the vicious cycle for their children. Let's just blame it on the government and not take personal responsibility, that will definitely solve the issue.
    Let me ask, why do you think there is a prevailing gang culture in the Black community? And no don't say, oh you see it in pop culture, gangs, etc. I'm asking you to think deeper than it's existence and questioning WHY it exists. Same goes for single mother households. Why do you think it's a prevalent thing in the Black community? The way I see it, children end up with a single parent, which leads to higher probability of committing crime, which lands them in prison, and then they have kids who also have a single parent and the cycle continues. So how do we break the cycle? It's great that we can see that is an issue but what's the solution? Tell them to just git gud and just have a dad and not commit crime? Like yes I wish we could just tell people to "just don't commit crimes", but crime to me seems more like a symptom of the underlying issues than the actual issue itself and to me the actual issue is shit neighborhoods (shit schools, educations, jobs, we've all heard this shit before, it plays like a broken record). Until these underlying issues are addressed, we will forever have the cycle. Telling someone who lives in Skid Row to make the best of what they got is very different from telling someone who lives in Beverly Hills to make the best of what they got and that's why I think yes an individual's personal actions matter but completely writing off the government's/community's role in one's life doesn't make sense to me. It's a combination of the two and we must address both.
    Last edited by Bernard; 09-18-2020 at 02:18 PM.
    Rep. Power: 123

    Minion: 11/28/12-3/15/14

  2. #32
    Dab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Gender
    female
    Posts
    5,283
    Reputation
    662
    Thanks
    8,424
    Quote Originally Posted by CYBERPVNK View Post
    They are more important variables, because systemic racism is not as much as a rampant issue like you believe it is


    So now there is systemic racism, it's just not as much of an issue as those unidentified other factors.


    Glad we established you're yet again speaking out your ass.
    Former BattleOn Minion

    If you cannot run trainers please see this thread: https://www.mpgh.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1170564





  3. #33
    Dave84311's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Wild Wild West
    Posts
    35,022
    Reputation
    5531
    Thanks
    40,788
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernard View Post


    Let me ask, why do you think there is a prevailing gang culture in the Black community? And no don't say, oh you see it in pop culture, gangs, etc. I'm asking you to think deeper than it's existence and questioning WHY it exists. Same goes for single mother households. Why do you think it's a prevalent thing in the Black community? The way I see it, children end up with a single parent, which leads to higher probability of committing crime, which lands them in prison, and then they have kids who also have a single parent and the cycle continues. So how do we break the cycle? It's great that we can see that is an issue but what's the solution? Tell them to just git gud and just have a dad and not commit crime? Like yes I wish we could just tell people to "just don't commit crimes", but crime to me seems more like a symptom of the underlying issues than the actual issue itself and to me the actual issue is shit neighborhoods (shit schools, educations, jobs, we've all heard this shit before, it plays like a broken record). Until these underlying issues are addressed, we will forever have the cycle. Telling someone who lives in Skid Row to make the best of what they got is very different from telling someone who lives in Beverly Hills to make the best of what they got and that's why I think yes an individual's personal actions matter but completely writing off the government's/community's role in one's life doesn't make sense to me. It's a combination of the two and we must address both.
    Rap music.

    Rap music made black people poor
    COD and anime made white people school shooters





    THE EYE OF AN ADMINISTRATOR IS UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO IM GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE IM GONNA BE


    "First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you lose.” - Dave84311

    HAVING VIRTUAL DETOX

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dave84311 For This Useful Post:

    Dab (09-20-2020)

  5. #34
    AVGN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Kekistan
    Posts
    15,551
    Reputation
    1805
    Thanks
    6,645
    FUCK THE POLICE




  6. #35
    Expert at leaving women disappointed physically and emotionally.
    Premium Seller
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Wyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Andorra la Vieja
    Posts
    24,794
    Reputation
    4208
    Thanks
    4,063
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by CYBERPVNK View Post
    Nothing more to say. Tired of the demonetization of police which leads to such atrocities occurring.

    https://newsone.com/4013931/compton-...ation-reports/
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    If I'm down to eat ass, I'm down to eat dog
     
    I smoke dix daily.
    I am Dix, and Arun is my master.
    I'M #1 NIGXMAS SCAMMER

  7. #36
    CYBERPVNK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Night City
    Posts
    915
    Reputation
    171
    Thanks
    4,298
    Quote Originally Posted by AVGN View Post
    FUCK THE POLICE
    Fuck people who hate police.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Dab View Post
    So now there is systemic racism, it's just not as much of an issue as those unidentified other factors.


    Glad we established you're yet again speaking out your ass.
    Unidetified factors? I listed them like 20 fucking times now lmao. You chose to ignore them.

    Also no, systemic racism doesn't exist, that would mean it's widespread across the United States. Systematic racism exist in some areas of the US, but it's not NEARLY as harmful or as big of a deal as you or the media makes it out to be. It's not even close to as much of a contributing factor as the other factors I listed earlier.

    - - - Updated - - -

    You think this justifies them getting shot?

    Fucking retarded moron.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Bernard View Post


    Let me ask, why do you think there is a prevailing gang culture in the Black community? And no don't say, oh you see it in pop culture, gangs, etc. I'm asking you to think deeper than it's existence and questioning WHY it exists. Same goes for single mother households. Why do you think it's a prevalent thing in the Black community? The way I see it, children end up with a single parent, which leads to higher probability of committing crime, which lands them in prison, and then they have kids who also have a single parent and the cycle continues. So how do we break the cycle? It's great that we can see that is an issue but what's the solution? Tell them to just git gud and just have a dad and not commit crime? Like yes I wish we could just tell people to "just don't commit crimes", but crime to me seems more like a symptom of the underlying issues than the actual issue itself and to me the actual issue is shit neighborhoods (shit schools, educations, jobs, we've all heard this shit before, it plays like a broken record). Until these underlying issues are addressed, we will forever have the cycle. Telling someone who lives in Skid Row to make the best of what they got is very different from telling someone who lives in Beverly Hills to make the best of what they got and that's why I think yes an individual's personal actions matter but completely writing off the government's/community's role in one's life doesn't make sense to me. It's a combination of the two and we must address both.
    Culture. Culture is the issue.

    Why do Black people from the hood walk around with their pants sagging? Because it's apart of their culture. Why do they essentially have their own version of the English language? Culture. They are given the opportunity to dress like most people and speak normally, but they choose not to because it's apart of their culture. They aren't forced to commit crimes, they aren't forced so have sex out of wedlock. It comes down to personal responsibility and being morally grounded for the most part. Yes, better schooling would contribute to this, but it's not the end-all solution. It starts in the parenting system and the way the children are raised.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to CYBERPVNK For This Useful Post:

    Sheep Brain (09-20-2020)

  9. #37
    Dab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Gender
    female
    Posts
    5,283
    Reputation
    662
    Thanks
    8,424
    Quote Originally Posted by CYBERPVNK View Post

    Unidetified factors? I listed them like 20 fucking times now lmao. You chose to ignore them.

    Also no, systemic racism doesn't exist, that would mean it's widespread across the United States. Systematic racism exist in some areas of the US, but it's not NEARLY as harmful or as big of a deal as you or the media makes it out to be. It's not even close to as much of a contributing factor as the other factors I listed earlier.
    You just said systemic racism doesn't exist then in the very next sentence said it does exist... Whatever those other contributing factors are, do not in anyway indicate systemic racism isn't a thing. We're not pointing to systemic racism as the singular problem to solve, that in it's self is referring to all the existing problems of blacks being discriminated against and by that im referring to the higher rates of criminalization or unarmed killings. Systemic racism does exist as you've conceded multiple times now, and there is systemic racism across the whole of the US meaning federal policies or planning have resulted in causing some of the problems with blacks being disproportionately criminalized unemployed etc...


    At this point, you're literally self-owning. Why do you continue to respond if you've recognized you're wrong?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by CYBERPVNK View Post

    Culture. Culture is the issue.

    Why do Black people from the hood walk around with their pants sagging? Because it's apart of their culture. Why do they essentially have their own version of the English language? Culture. They are given the opportunity to dress like most people and speak normally, but they choose not to because it's apart of their culture. They aren't forced to commit crimes, they aren't forced so have sex out of wedlock. It comes down to personal responsibility and being morally grounded for the most part. Yes, better schooling would contribute to this, but it's not the end-all solution. It starts in the parenting system and the way the children are raised.
    Ignoring the stereotyping, lack of understanding of relativity, and the false assignment of things you believe to be mutually exclusive to blacks... What in the fuck does parenting system even mean? Do you want to hand out reparations to black families because we disproportionally criminalized black parents for decades due to corruption and discriminatory policy planning and legislating? You lock there dads up then wonder why you have a bunch of people without father figures or role models doing bad things or not getting out of poverty. Then, you ask why don't they just work harder and get somewhere, when they're given less opportunities and put in poor performing schools, their communities are underfunded, and ontop of this you still have the parenting system problem you pointed out which "systemic racism" didn't help out with. And by that I'm yet again referring to policy planning and legislation, get triggered because I'll keep calling it what it is whether you like or accept it or not.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by CYBERPVNK View Post
    You think this justifies them getting shot?

    Fucking retarded moron.
    How many times has this been said to idiots like you in cases of cops killing unarmed black men?
    Former BattleOn Minion

    If you cannot run trainers please see this thread: https://www.mpgh.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1170564





  10. #38
    Confluencyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    36
    Reputation
    33
    Thanks
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by LuxPersona View Post
    To the folks like Dab and Confluency who get into these debates (esp. on here) bless you guy's heart. It would be easy to consider some folk lost causes and not worth trying to give the other side of it. The fact that y'all take the time to do it is remarkable and doesn't go unnoticed.
    Thanks

    Informing the misinformed isn't easy, especially when those who are misinformed have strong opinions on topics they know nothing about.

  11. #39
    Bernard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Land Beyond
    Posts
    26,120
    Reputation
    3211
    Thanks
    3,430
    My Mood
    Dead
    Quote Originally Posted by CYBERPVNK View Post
    Culture. Culture is the issue.

    Why do Black people from the hood walk around with their pants sagging? Because it's apart of their culture. Why do they essentially have their own version of the English language? Culture. They are given the opportunity to dress like most people and speak normally, but they choose not to because it's apart of their culture. They aren't forced to commit crimes, they aren't forced so have sex out of wedlock. It comes down to personal responsibility and being morally grounded for the most part. Yes, better schooling would contribute to this, but it's not the end-all solution. It starts in the parenting system and the way the children are raised.
    Not going to disagree that culture is AN issue, but the examples you give are actually bad. Like people walking around with their pants sagging? That's a fashion thing. That was a thing a lot of guys did in high school. I know some people take sagging wayyyy too far but to me, this is a non-issue for the most part. Own version of the English language? People be saying they can't speak proper English but then be copying African American slang. No cap. Given the option to dress like most people and speak normally? Give me a break, fashion police. And I get the whole oh being a gangster and selling drugs/crime is cool culture, but I can tell you right now, growing up in the inner city, this was EVERYONE regardless of race in my high school/college experience. Boys want that bad boy image. What a crazy surprise! Sex out of wedlock? Alright Christian grandma, every dude is pushed to have as much sex as they can in that having sex with women makes you "cool". Literally like most of what you said is just how I saw teenagers be teenagers regardless of race. I understand that some people don't know when to "code switch", but like I said, all of this shit is super common no matter what race you are if you live in a city in America.

    Look. If teenagers are robbing stores, murdering people, burglarizing homes. Sure, dispense justice, but a whole lot of what you said is to me policing teenagers for being teenagers.
    Last edited by Bernard; 09-20-2020 at 09:44 PM.
    Rep. Power: 123

    Minion: 11/28/12-3/15/14

  12. #40
    Noxey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Gender
    male
    Location
    ✨D R E A M S ✨
    Posts
    1,541
    Reputation
    809
    Thanks
    2,192
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    I am not from the US, but trying to kill someone randomly is never justified...

    Click here to add Noxey to chat and buy!

    The Best Accounts Store on MPGH - #1
    Top Quality Accounts & Service

    ♕ Most Active Seller with Lowest Prices Ever!
    ⫸ ⫸ Netflix / Disney+ / NordVPN / ExpressVPN / Brazzers / PornHub / HBO / Hulu... ⫷ ⫷ More than 100 Products! ✨

    STAFF VOUCHED:
     
    Quote Originally Posted by gerassss View Post
    +vouch , got netflix acc
    Quote Originally Posted by lo1a View Post
    Received a vouch copy for B R A Z Z E R S. Overall, rate the quality of service 10/10. Responded to messages quickly, was polite, and straight to the point. Would recommend to anyone in need in any of the services he provides!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ally View Post
    [Vouch]
    User provided me with a working Nord VPN account after helping figure out which would be the best selection for me. Thank you Noxey for the account and good luck with sales!
    + A LOT MORE NEWS FORCE / FORMER STAFF AND HIGH TRUSTED MEMBERS!

  13. #41
    Sheep Brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    5,123
    Reputation
    1116
    Thanks
    1,100
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernard View Post


    Not going to disagree that culture is AN issue, but the examples you give are actually bad. Like people walking around with their pants sagging? That's a fashion thing. That was a thing a lot of guys did in high school. I know some people take sagging wayyyy too far but to me, this is a non-issue for the most part. Own version of the English language? People be saying they can't speak proper English but then be copying African American slang. No cap. Given the option to dress like most people and speak normally? Give me a break, fashion police. And I get the whole oh being a gangster and selling drugs/crime is cool culture, but I can tell you right now, growing up in the inner city, this was EVERYONE regardless of race in my high school/college experience. Boys want that bad boy image. What a crazy surprise! Sex out of wedlock? Alright Christian grandma, every dude is pushed to have as much sex as they can in that having sex with women makes you "cool". Literally like most of what you said is just how I saw teenagers be teenagers regardless of race. I understand that some people don't know when to "code switch", but like I said, all of this shit is super common no matter what race you are if you live in a city in America.

    Look. If teenagers are robbing stores, murdering people, burglarizing homes. Sure, dispense justice, but a whole lot of what you said is to me policing teenagers for being teenagers.
    Not quite sure where you grew up but that is way different than what I grew up with as a teen. Though onto the point I want to interject into the conversation, correct me if I wasn't understanding the context but we were talking about black communities, right? I personally don't look at culture being the main, straight forward issue in correlation with "gang culture", rather I see the environment being the driving point for such things. I don't know if you would include being "fatherless" a culture point in black communities or not but that's one big issue. Not having that figure to show you right from wrong, how to be a man, etc does have an effect on growing kids/teens. Another point is how bad some communities are in regards to living standards (small houses, crime, poor education, etc). I think you made some of these points before and then some but I do believe that "rap/pop" does play into some of this, maybe just not on a large scale. It's been proven how media/internet can change people or influence them and I look at music as being one of those influencers. I don't want to stereotype/generalize what the black communities listen to but a lot of that music does not set a positive example of how to live life, treat others, etc. But then again, its part of the environment growing up there usually and I want to lay that out. I think the education system as a whole needs to be reformed and receive adequate budget. Implement more "crafted" programs and materials to suit that specific environment or county. I hate how everything in our education is so uniformed and most of it is redundant and useless but that's another discussion. After that, you need some positivity to be spread into said communities and this ties back to my first point on certain programs. Get a rehab program, maybe or a work program for young teens. Something to get them away from a toxic environment so they aren't plagued being there all day, everyday. Also, some funding to help poor/plagued communities wouldn't be a bad thing. Re-allocate funds to help where is needed, all for it. You tax the hell out of us but I see broken down roads and poorly maintained public entities anywhere I go. It's time to start using "our" money for the common good.

  14. #42
    Shadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,406
    Reputation
    2546
    Thanks
    3,298
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheep Brain View Post
    Not quite sure where you grew up but that is way different than what I grew up with as a teen. Though onto the point I want to interject into the conversation, correct me if I wasn't understanding the context but we were talking about black communities, right? I personally don't look at culture being the main, straight forward issue in correlation with "gang culture", rather I see the environment being the driving point for such things. I don't know if you would include being "fatherless" a culture point in black communities or not but that's one big issue. Not having that figure to show you right from wrong, how to be a man, etc does have an effect on growing kids/teens. Another point is how bad some communities are in regards to living standards (small houses, crime, poor education, etc). I think you made some of these points before and then some but I do believe that "rap/pop" does play into some of this, maybe just not on a large scale. It's been proven how media/internet can change people or influence them and I look at music as being one of those influencers. I don't want to stereotype/generalize what the black communities listen to but a lot of that music does not set a positive example of how to live life, treat others, etc. But then again, its part of the environment growing up there usually and I want to lay that out. I think the education system as a whole needs to be reformed and receive adequate budget. Implement more "crafted" programs and materials to suit that specific environment or county. I hate how everything in our education is so uniformed and most of it is redundant and useless but that's another discussion. After that, you need some positivity to be spread into said communities and this ties back to my first point on certain programs. Get a rehab program, maybe or a work program for young teens. Something to get them away from a toxic environment so they aren't plagued being there all day, everyday. Also, some funding to help poor/plagued communities wouldn't be a bad thing. Re-allocate funds to help where is needed, all for it. You tax the hell out of us but I see broken down roads and poorly maintained public entities anywhere I go. It's time to start using "our" money for the common good.
    Your point does not matter to anyone if their opinion differs from you.

    You can say the water in your glass is wet and someone will come along and say but it can be dry in the form of ice. The water is very clearly a liquid and wet, but just because there's a possibility that water can be in the form of a solid, it is solid.

    The analogy above is basically you trying to argue your point to someone who may not want to understand your point at all. At this point, don't.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Shadow For This Useful Post:

    CYBERPVNK (4 Weeks Ago)

  16. #43
    Sheep Brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    5,123
    Reputation
    1116
    Thanks
    1,100
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Your point does not matter to anyone if their opinion differs from you.

    You can say the water in your glass is wet and someone will come along and say but it can be dry in the form of ice. The water is very clearly a liquid and wet, but just because there's a possibility that water can be in the form of a solid, it is solid.

    The analogy above is basically you trying to argue your point to someone who may not want to understand your point at all. At this point, don't.
    I know with Bernard that he will read my point and actually consider it unlike some fucks here, thats why I'll actually have a conversation with him

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Sheep Brain For This Useful Post:

    CYBERPVNK (4 Weeks Ago)

  18. #44
    Shadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,406
    Reputation
    2546
    Thanks
    3,298
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheep Brain View Post
    I know with Bernard that he will read my point and actually consider it unlike some fucks here, thats why I'll actually have a conversation with him
    My point wasn't specifically directed at Bernard, but good luck.

  19. #45
    Sheep Brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    5,123
    Reputation
    1116
    Thanks
    1,100
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    My point wasn't specifically directed at Bernard, but good luck.
    No, I got your point and I'm agreeing that he is a conceded fuck thats why I'm not conversing with him

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Video] Audio of two officers being shot
    By Copperhorse in forum General
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-14-2016, 07:43 PM
  2. AFTER TWO YEARS
    By Snake in forum General
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-15-2012, 07:31 AM
  3. [Discussion] Guys can i ask if this two viruses are harmful?
    By Ryuzaki™ in forum CrossFire PH Discussions
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-13-2011, 03:19 PM
  4. New Hacks Are Not Working After Two Days
    By rookz1 in forum Combat Arms Hacks & Cheats
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-10-2009, 06:36 AM