Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    This question might be slightly different but it is nearly the same.

Does this method works on orig*in too ? (i wanted to preorder bf 2042 on my main)
    -or do i have to make a new account just to be sure for not getting banned on orig*in main ger

I figured out that argentina is pretty cheap , india and brasil too.
    The only country where i can go to the final buying screen is brasil and there they want a CPF Number in the final order.

I'am a bit afraid of getting a ban mail for using vpn

cheers
    Last edited by thechosenracer; 06-20-2021 at 12:33 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    If you really wanna pre-order it, which I don't recommend because this is EA after all, they manage to always fuck up the games recently and insert too much politics into it, but whatever tickles your pickle. If you want to pre-order it, then try doing that with Epic Games Launcher. VPN works with that one (or it used to just recently for me), and you can get it there too. Still, I'd recommend you to wait for games to release to see how they are rather than wasting your money like that, but you do you.
    Remember! Reality's an illusion, the Universe is a Hologram, buy Gold!

Thanks
    Did the more recent update to this remove the ability to send gift cards from US accounts to other country accounts? I used to have zero issues doing this via the send through steam, but now it keeps saying "There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance."

or is steam just having issues now? I've tried a few times now over the past few hours and it's the same issues. I did it at the end of Jun with zero issues so hoping steam is just having issues. That account could have been shadow banned though or something. I have no clue.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by darklord- View Post
    Did the more recent update to this remove the ability to send gift cards from US accounts to other country accounts? I used to have zero issues doing this via the send through steam, but now it keeps saying "There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance."

or is steam just having issues now? I've tried a few times now over the past few hours and it's the same issues. I did it at the end of Jun with zero issues so hoping steam is just having issues. That account could have been shadow banned though or something. I have no clue.
    same i can't seem to do it as well and i did it a few weeks ago, so i'm not sure if there's another method or if steam patched this

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by monitor-tan View Post
    same i can't seem to do it as well and i did it a few weeks ago, so i'm not sure if there's another method or if steam patched this
    It was patched. The only way to add funds to accounts now seems to be buying CSGO, Rust, TF2 etc skins from third party sites and then selling them on the steam market to get funds on your account or buying steam wallet codes from your accounts region from sites like eneba at a small mark up.

Thanks
    I have 2 old steam accounts, one i changed to russian rubbles while back. Was able to gift 5$ showed up on the other account as rubbles. Cant gift games tho cuzz region locking.

Thanks
    is Eneba grey market?

Thanks
    You can just change the current region, it usually works. However, if your steam still blocks the transition to another region, then try using a VPN or create a new account registered on the region through which you want to use the Steam trading platform

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by VokerEbanco View Post
    You can just change the current region, it usually works. However, if your steam still blocks the transition to another region, then try using a VPN or create a new account registered on the region through which you want to use the Steam trading platform
    I use the transition from one region to another to buy games profitable. I recently bought FIFA 22 Cheap via the Indian region, although I live in Canada. I checked the site with regions and games where this game would be cheaper and then just changed my region. Fortunately, stream does not argue with me and calmly allows changing my region. I am very glad that in this way, it is possible to buy steam games cheaper.

Thanks
    The key here is where is your primary residence. Changing region is provided for those who spend time in more than one country.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    You can change country every 3 months. If you utilize a VPN to change the country - make a purchase from an address based out of the country you're trying to change steam to with a payment method from there. Just purchase one of the cheapest games on the store to confirm the change to another country. Once you change the country and make the "first purchase in that country", Never upload a payment method that isn't inside that country. Utilize gift cards off g2g in the currency of the country you're buying games from. You should not utilize a VPN after the initial change over to the other country. You can redeem gift cards in the other currency. Also - Make sure after the initial "different country purchase" that you: Don't make a purchase for 3 days. Don't go overboard on buying the other country steam gift cards. If you need any other tips, let me know.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ldsdrive View Post
    What I do is:
    1. Create a new Steam account (or use your main) that matches the country you are in or have legit payment options for (in my case, US). This acts as a payment account.
    2. Use a VPN and choose the country you desire to make a Steam account for. Argentina and Russia seem to have the cheapest games. I have both as some games are cheaper in one country than the other and vice versa so you save a lot more by having two accounts.
    3. On your main/payment account, add the account(s) you've just created as friends. Easiest way is using a Friend Code as newly created accounts have limited functionality.
    4. Wait a while (about 3 days I believe) until Steam allows you to send a digital gift card to new accounts.
    5. Log on to your main/payment account and go here and click Send through Steam to purchase a gift card and select your new account. Choose any amount you desire to spend. Put in whatever you want under PERSONALIZE YOUR GIFT WITH A LITTLE NOTE. Click Continue and choose your preferred payment method (I use Paypal).
    6. Once the gift card has been sent, log on to your new account and accept the gift. You will see the amount of money you've received under your account name on the top right in the account's local currency.
    7. Buy something and use wallet balance as a payment method. DONE!

To determine which region to buy each game from, use this extension on Chrome then go to the game's store page and click View on Steam Database. It will list the prices in all currencies.
    The extension also allows you to purchase gift cards in any amount not predetermined by Steam.

Also note that using this method will allow you to share games across any of your accounts just fine so you can still game on your main account as usual but the account(s) you use gift cards to buy on will stay limited since the money comes from your main/payment account and doesn't count towards the $5 USD minimum requirement so it will still not let you do things such as adding friends and creating a group. I've heard that redeeming a physical gift card that matches the account's country works but I have yet to try it so cannot confirm that.

Oh and one more thing. Steam seems to actively detect VPNs, especially well known ones like Nord, Express and such. If detected, you'll be stuck in a captcha loop or it will just flat out say you are unable to make an account. There's really not much you can do but keep changing servers/IPs and hope that it works or find a lesser known VPN.

There are also a few sellers on ebay that sell custom made Steam accounts and gift codes if you want to go that route but figuring out which one to trust is another story.
    Thanks I will try this method and will share experience.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by arsal3 View Post
    Thanks I will try this method and will share experience.
    Don't bother. It's old and doesn't work anymore.

Thanks
    it's dead now that regional pricing was rebalanced to be more expensive in general

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12