Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Ott0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    66
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    4

    AMA crypto | Doubts? Ask!

    Not trying to give financial advice just to approach some knowledge if you have questions about crypto. I will try to answer.

    I have dealt with cryptocurrencies since 2015. Sometimes you don't realize how far you are from people who have not even started to use it.

    The technology is absolutely groundbreaking. It is still really early for mass adoption. Don't be scared, jump in. Not only as investors, take the entrepreneur position.

    Hope this helps someone =)

  2. #2
    Stack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,479
    Reputation
    87
    Thanks
    262
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    What projects do you see most profitting from a entrepreneur perspective in the next months/years

    VOYAGE OF EMOTION AND DISCOVERY

    Graphics Shop - Web Design & Development

  3. #3
    Allura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Gender
    male
    Location
    CryptoLand Theme Park
    Posts
    6,137
    Reputation
    1182
    Thanks
    4,520
    My Mood
    Chatty
    Quote Originally Posted by Ott0 View Post
    The technology is absolutely groundbreaking
    Biggest LOL to that. Blockchain is a buzzword in industry and after more than 10 years, I haven't seen a feasible use case for it yet.
    Last edited by Allura; 1 Week Ago at 05:13 PM.
    I barely use MPGH IM, Send me a private message to reach me faster!
    Also I currently don't sell anything!



     
    DD/MM/YYYY
    Joined MPGH: 07/02/2017
    Premium: 08/02/2017 - ∞
    Newsforce (HOTW): 07/06/2017 - ∞
    Publicist: 06/11/2017 - 12/04/2018
    Minion (Minecraft): 23/12/2017 - ∞
    Minion (Cryptocurrency Talks): 01/05/2018 - ∞

  4. #4
    Ott0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    66
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    4
    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Stack View Post
    What projects do you see most profitting from a entrepreneur perspective in the next months/years
    Good question.

    As with many things this will definitely depend on the level of work and commitment you would like.

    As an investor just wanting to put money I would look into #defi initiatives around Ethereum. A simple example would be the compound protocol. You deposit and it starts "compounding". You can see the returns on that page.

    As a proper entrepreneur willing to build the question is more complicated, I am not completely sure. I think those who can bridge normal people into this complicated space will profit big on the next coming years. Not only offering fiat>crypto options.

    For example there are good initiatives on the issuing and validation of e-learning certificates. E-learning is a major topic nowadays but is still centralized on the validation/issuing of the certications. There are forging problems with the certificates since they are mostly a pdf. When the institution validates publicly on a public blockchain there is no way to forge it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Allura View Post
    Biggest LOL to that. Blockchain is a buzzword in industry and after more than 10 years, I haven't seen a feasible use case for it yet.
    I have just posted above an example not related to "money" with a clear utilization of the technology. Forget your ideas about speculation, cryptocurrencies is the first implementation of blockchain. Not the only one.

    Think about blockchain as the improvement of peer to peer technologies, no central validator. If you can't imagine how that will modify existing technology then of course you will still be seating on the "buzzword" table.
    Last edited by Ott0; 1 Week Ago at 03:49 AM.

  5. #5
    Allura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Gender
    male
    Location
    CryptoLand Theme Park
    Posts
    6,137
    Reputation
    1182
    Thanks
    4,520
    My Mood
    Chatty
    Quote Originally Posted by Ott0 View Post
    - - - Updated - - -



    Good question.

    As with many things this will definitely depend on the level of work and commitment you would like.

    As an investor just wanting to put money I would look into #defi initiatives around Ethereum. A simple example would be the compound protocol. You deposit and it starts "compounding". You can see the returns on that page.

    As a proper entrepreneur willing to build the question is more complicated, I am not completely sure. I think those who can bridge normal people into this complicated space will profit big on the next coming years. Not only offering fiat>crypto options.

    For example there are good initiatives on the issuing and validation of e-learning certificates. E-learning is a major topic nowadays but is still centralized on the validation/issuing of the certications. There are forging problems with the certificates since they are mostly a pdf. When the institution validates publicly on a public blockchain there is no way to forge it.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I have just posted above an example not related to "money" with a clear utilization of the technology. Forget your ideas about speculation, cryptocurrencies is the first implementation of blockchain. Not the only one.

    Think about blockchain as the improvement of peer to peer technologies, no central validator. If you can't imagine how that will modify existing technology then of course you will still be seating on the "buzzword" table.
    Everything you listed imo is better as being centralised. There was a time where I believed de-centralised was the way, then I realised ALL the problems de-centralised has and its easier to stick with centralised.
    I barely use MPGH IM, Send me a private message to reach me faster!
    Also I currently don't sell anything!



     
    DD/MM/YYYY
    Joined MPGH: 07/02/2017
    Premium: 08/02/2017 - ∞
    Newsforce (HOTW): 07/06/2017 - ∞
    Publicist: 06/11/2017 - 12/04/2018
    Minion (Minecraft): 23/12/2017 - ∞
    Minion (Cryptocurrency Talks): 01/05/2018 - ∞

  6. #6
    Ott0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    66
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Allura View Post
    Everything you listed imo is better as being centralised. There was a time where I believed de-centralised was the way, then I realised ALL the problems de-centralised has and its easier to stick with centralised.
    Both have pros and cons. For entrepreneurs usually centralised is the way to go, it is not easy to get a profitable model for yourself if you choose the non-custodial (decentralised) structure.

Similar Threads

  1. [Help] Free Xbox live gold? (doubt anybody will but still had to ask)
    By HAMismyname in forum XBOX General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-13-2018, 03:51 AM
  2. Replies: 80
    Last Post: 04-11-2018, 07:31 PM
  3. Predator Ask Me Anything | AMA
    By Predator in forum General
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 08-27-2015, 04:24 PM
  4. Ask for Hax thread
    By System79 in forum Hack Requests
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-28-2006, 12:43 AM
  5. Asking *cough* begging for a sig
    By ace76543 in forum Help & Requests
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-24-2006, 05:16 PM

Tags for this Thread