Thanks

Lightbulb BTC - Coinbase TXID help

Hi Guys, new to BTC scene.
    Anyways, i am trying to get refund from a member for a service and they have asked for TXID.

I provided them my BTC address but apparently, that's not enough. I am very new to this and made an account of BTC just to pay him.

I had to give him his money in 2 transactions. Transaction was with @Tiger for Dell Monitor.

Can someone be so kind to help me?

So far, the internet explains that if I go SENT transactions, and there there is HASH, a long number which supposedly is TXID ?
    I gave him that...but I am confused...because if thats the number, for so transactions it's different but I am thinking it should be the same as the funds being back are to land back to my account...

Basically want to get a refund and he wants this info... anything you can do to help I would appreciate it...

Also when I paid him, he provided me with his BTC adresss. So why is that he is not able to give me funds back using my BTC address... why is TXID neccesary ?
    Last edited by pprash01; 10-18-2020 at 02:21 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Chatty
    The hash is the "transaction id". Its the really long string. The second longest string is most likely your address/receiver address, the longest string is the TXID. If you sent him 0.1 BTC, he should refund you 0.1 BTC even if the product is priced in USD and the value of 0.1 BTC in USD is now different.

Go here: https://www.blockchain.com/
    Type the hash into the search box, click search and send him that link.

You are using coinbase to send funds, sometimes coinbase changes their sent address and the sent address doesn't actually belong to you. Therefore, yes, he has AN address used to send him funds but it may not belong to you. He needs a new address you get off coinbase so he can send you the BTC back.

He may need the TXID to confirm a specific job belongs to you. Though, a little surprised that people don't log transactions against users in a spreadsheet or something
    Last edited by Allura; 10-18-2020 at 03:22 PM.
    I barely use MPGH IM, Send me a private message to reach me faster!
    Also I currently don't sell anything!

DD/MM/YYYY
    Joined MPGH: 07/02/2017
    Premium: 08/02/2017 - ∞
    Newsforce (HOTW): 07/06/2017 - ∞
    Publicist: 06/11/2017 - 12/04/2018
    Minion (Minecraft): 23/12/2017 - ∞
    Minion (Cryptocurrency Talks): 01/05/2018 - ∞

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Allura View Post
    The hash is the "transaction id". Its the really long string. The second longest string is most likely your address/receiver address, the longest string is the TXID. If you sent him 0.1 BTC, he should refund you 0.1 BTC even if the product is priced in USD and the value of 0.1 BTC in USD is now different.

You are using coinbase to send funds, sometimes coinbase changes their sent address and the sent address doesn't actually belong to you. Therefore, yes, he has AN address used to send him funds but it may not belong to you. He needs a new address you get off coinbase so he can send you the BTC back.

He may need the TXID to confirm a specific job belongs to you. Though, a little surprised that people don't log transactions against users in a spreadsheet or something
    Spot on . just take his advice and you should be fine. But also cash app is another viable option outside of Coinbase.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Allura View Post

Fantastic. You’ve been beyond helpful and detailed. Thank you

Thanks
    My Mood
    Chatty
    Quote Originally Posted by pprash01 View Post
    Fantastic. You’ve been beyond helpful and detailed. Thank you
    I am assuming this is now solved. Closing this thread.
    I barely use MPGH IM, Send me a private message to reach me faster!
    Also I currently don't sell anything!

DD/MM/YYYY
    Joined MPGH: 07/02/2017
    Premium: 08/02/2017 - ∞
    Newsforce (HOTW): 07/06/2017 - ∞
    Publicist: 06/11/2017 - 12/04/2018
    Minion (Minecraft): 23/12/2017 - ∞
    Minion (Cryptocurrency Talks): 01/05/2018 - ∞