Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Jov View Post
    there is no such thing as retirement
    true, but when u doing what u love and would do for free, you are actually retired

BRING BACK BT, BRING BACK SAGA, BRING BACK VF, BRING BACK MPGHCRAFT, BRING BACK HABAMON

2. The Following User Says Thank You to arunforce For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Jov (11-28-2020)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post

bro there is mental stress when you think about money and associated numbers
    I think OP is talking about WORKING FOR THE MAN (or women, its 21 century bitch). I kinda assume OP means that this retired person would have enough money to sleep all day and not do anything else with their life. I also think this is quite funny because the person who does reach FIRE isn't the type of person to sleep all day and do nothing else.
    Previous Names

Zavior
    Xavier
    Eternity
    Azathoth
    Eternity (again)
    Add me on IM

Please press +Rep or Thanks if you find my work or found something I said helpful

"Endless Void."

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternity View Post

I think OP is talking about WORKING FOR THE MAN (or women, its 21 century bitch). I kinda assume OP means that this retired person would have enough money to sleep all day and not do anything else with their life. I also think this is quite funny because the person who does reach FIRE isn't the type of person to sleep all day and do nothing else.
    I've been working toward leanFIRE for a little while now and it's definitely achievable relatively soon but I plan to quit to travel and shit, but ultimately I want to do what I love instead of being a cog in the machine.

BRING BACK BT, BRING BACK SAGA, BRING BACK VF, BRING BACK MPGHCRAFT, BRING BACK HABAMON

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by arunforce View Post
    I want to do what I love
    BT coming back @Shadow @Dickhad
    I Read All Of My PM's & VM's
    If you need help with anything, just let me know.

VM | PM | IM
    Staff Administrator Since 10.13.2019
    Publicist Since 04.04.2015
    Middleman Since 04.14.2014
    Global Moderator Since 08.01.2013
    Premium Since 05.29.2013

Minion+ Since 04.18.2013

Combat Arms Minion Since 12.26.2012
    Contributor Since 11.16.2012
    Member Since 05.11.2010

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Flengo View Post

BT coming back @<a href="https://www.mpgh.net/forum/member.php?u=2372355" target="_blank">Shadow</a> @<a href="https://www.mpgh.net/forum/member.php?u=741905" target="_blank">Dickhad</a>
    @arunforce doing what he loves to do:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angry
    I'm debt free, started with 50k debt.

That's something.
    Find and live on a budget and you'll be fine.

Look up " Dave Ramsey Baby Steps".

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KING View Post
    I'm debt free, started with 50k debt.

That's something.
    Find and live on a budget and you'll be fine.

Look up " Dave Ramsey Baby Steps".
    king still alive where's obama

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish

i own my own business and run it

we all work for someone

the united states is designed that way

Quote Originally Posted by Confluencyy View Post
    king still alive where's obama
    racist

THE EYE OF AN ADMINISTRATOR IS UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO IM GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE IM GONNA BE

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you lose.” - Dave84311

HAVING VIRTUAL DETOX

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Dave84311 For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Jov (12-01-2020)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical

I've been working toward leanFIRE for a little while now and it's definitely achievable relatively soon but I plan to quit to travel and shit, but ultimately I want to do what I love instead of being a cog in the machine.
    I am pursusing fatFIRE. The way I calculated, I should achieve fatFIRE by 50.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post

i own my own business and run it

we all work for someone

the united states is designed that way

racist

OUR business.
    Previous Names

Zavior
    Xavier
    Eternity
    Azathoth
    Eternity (again)
    Add me on IM

Please press +Rep or Thanks if you find my work or found something I said helpful

"Endless Void."

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish

- - - Updated - - -

OUR business.
    okay mr tax man

THE EYE OF AN ADMINISTRATOR IS UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO IM GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE IM GONNA BE

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you lose.” - Dave84311

HAVING VIRTUAL DETOX

I'll live forever and ever with Lee Mijoo
    Thanks
    Dunno what's retirement

It's work till you die now

Thanks
    My Mood
    Scared

- - - Updated - - -

OUR business.
    how accurately did u calculate, because kid + house + 2 wives + new car adds up alot

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by boy View Post

how accurately did u calculate, because kid + house + 2 wives + new car adds up alot
    Well that is the problem. They want a shit ton of extras.
    I don't want to get married and if I do, I am getting a prenup that can be held up in court.
    I got a vasectomy already since I ain't got time to fuck up my plan PLUS I want to adopt a boy anyways.
    New car is a drag. Who in their right mind gets a new fucking car???? It depreciates the moment you drive it. I am looking at cars under 30K or less that holds up value long term. Also I like low maintance and low cost.
    Houses mostly appreciate and as I have said in multiple posts, I am getting into rental properties so its not really a liability imo.
    Another thing, taxes are your friend if you can abuse the legal system-legally.

So my long term plan is to have
    ONE dog
    ONE boy (Adopted)
    no wife or biological kids
    Hard core investing (I invest 4600 yearly right now and starting next year I start a 55k-60k job). I believe you need to sacrafise your 20s-30s to achieve flexmode. I planned a 30k investment yearly. You should and CAN survive on 20k easily. minimum works do, so can you.
    Be frugal without being stupid. DO NOT LET lifestyle inflation occur. This is my biggest worry.
    Always learn about new ways to make money.
    Have one year of saving and cash reserves for economy downturn.
    ALWAYS HAVE MULTIPLE SOURCES OF CASH FLOW. NEVER RELY ON JUST ONE
    Obviously shit occurs but so far I am way above my age's net worth and I am continuing to snow ball out of poverty.

If you want to keep up with the jones then you won't make it. You have to make sacrafies. I am choosing to forgo love(whatever the fuck that is) for long term flexing.

Honestly: I hope I don't cringe at this 5 years from now. I know I will. However, I don't think most of the things I have listed require big brains.
    REMEMBER: I CAME FROM A VILLAGE WITH NO TOILET.
    Previous Names

Zavior
    Xavier
    Eternity
    Azathoth
    Eternity (again)
    Add me on IM

"Endless Void."

Thanks
    My Mood
    Scared
    Hard core investing (I invest 4600 yearly right now and starting next year I start a 55k-60k job). I believe you need to sacrafise your 20s-30s to achieve flexmode. I planned a 30k investment yearly. You should and CAN survive on 20k easily. minimum works do, so can you.
    yes your 20's are the most important investing years because compound interest is an exponential curve with a slow start

Thanks

I moved to a midwest town with nothing around me but a movie theatre and some good restaurants, bought a house at 3% interest at the best rates possible, loaned by my uncle who is our loan officer, financed to Morningstar and Mr.Cooper who did an excellent job at pre-filling tax exemption forms per month on available credits I have especially with Jr., school, covid and soon marriage which FYI is a big dub if you prenup which you bet I did, and that boils down to less than 1750 a month on a 3100 sqft house with two garages, backyard and everything I could ever need, in an price-appreciating neighborhood. utilities are the most expensive bill at 400 ish a mo together, but other than that we burn 2600 a month, 3000 maximum. Every month i have an auto trade of 3000 from cash balance to my checkings, and that I use to pay my monthly, everything else i make is invested perpetually. I keep 9k in my savings, 3k in my checkings always just in case, and everything else in managed brokearage. Lean and frugal is the way, you dont need to cut down on everything, lose on the joy of having children or miss opportunities because of it, yes you work for your future but you are living in the present, sometimes working for the present is better, working for your current happiness while also maintaining a plan for your future endeavors is the mar-a-lago strat. Obv I bet you got ur shit covered since you are older than me but I personally don't like the Lean FIRE way and I know others who would agree it is too frugal in the sense that you lose out on potential happiness for the hope of future monetary freedom and temporary happiness (unless achieved at an early age with a STRONG passive revenue stream to keep you afloat) You will lose years of your life on stress lol. My dad retired 4 fucking times, you dont retire, interest compounds per annum your body weakens and gets more expensive to treat, your house is empty without children cause you chose to save its a real fear some ppl have..

THE EYES OF THE DAVESTAPO ARE UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO WE ARE GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE WE GONNA BE

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Jov For This Useful Post:

Matthew (12-01-2020)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast