Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

Raccoon Realms Reborn

I am pleased to announce the grand opening of Raccoon Realms Reborn.
    This has been a collaborative effort between myself, our lead developer Legend (without whom many of our finer details would not be possible), and Captain Canada aka Songhail who has put together some incredible sprite work. I'd also like to give an honorable mention to InuJoshua who allowed us to carry over some of his original item sprites and works from OG Raccoon Realms to our latest iteration.

We gots us a consolidated merchant with UI

And a forge with UI.

This game runs on the NRcore source, so also a shoutout to those cats, and is hosted via VPS so there's no hamachi required though you'll need a flash projector for sure.

We're still very much in the beginning of our life cycle so while there isn't a huge amount of things to do right this second, you'll bear witness to an evolving world as each new update brings in some new things to explore and collect.

Our grand design is to be as far from a prod emulator as we can possibly get. To that end we've removed many of the tiers of regular equipment, consolidated to 6 tiers and adjusted the stats to compensate. Each of our tier'd items now boast completely original sprites. No prod assets used for tier'd gears. We will have a heavy focus on end-game. To achieve this we're installing new gods into glands, creating new places to explore, and giving some of the earlier game dungeons just a little bit of love to give max'd characters a reason to explore those dungeons again. Over time, the entire map will be relevant to higher level players again instead of everyone just rushing glands.

We're also not super duper taking the Realm too seriously. There's some downright silly shit going on. White bags that try to kill you, a seasonal event boss with some rather interesting takes on what you should "Deck the Halls" with, some extremely powerful crafted abilities that may or may not resemble items from old NES games, and much more coming down the line.

To connect to the server simply open up flash projector, go to FILE, then Open... and enter the following URL: https://raccoonrealms.******.io/client.swf?build=Atari

Just clicking on the link pops out a .swf (virus scans below) but we've made it harder for people to just run the game off of this file. There are links to our official "rhymes with miscord" chat at the character select screen.

Virus scans:
    https://virusscan.jotti.org/en-GB/fi...job/1erf06nya6
    https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/...48a9/detection

((EDIT I thought the attached pictures would actually display in the places I put them in the body of this post. Sorry for the shit tier formatting under that assumption))
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails
    title.png  

merchant.png  

forge.png  

xmasjack.png  

Last edited by Mister_Raccoon; 11-30-2020 at 04:04 AM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mister_Raccoon For This Useful Post:

loideratsg (12-04-2020),maxlenda1 (12-04-2020),negyo (02-19-2021),Rikas654 (12-06-2020)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    is there a *******?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    I'm going to assume you said something that rhymes with "biscord" since it censored you.
    We have links to our "biscord" in the client at the character select screen.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy

Red face Thanks

I don't have the flash player projector 18 I was looking for on the internet. I can't find it to download. Could you also help me by sending me the flash file?
    Last edited by loideratsg; 12-04-2020 at 05:52 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by loideratsg View Post
    I don't have the flash player projector 18 I was looking for on the internet. I can't find it to download. Could you also help me by sending me the flash file?
    A very cursory google search for "flash projector" will net you results. I found one within seconds. FP18 is just the minimum release needed to run the game iirc. And since I can't edit the first post I'm probably not going to be uploading more files here.

In Raccoon Realms News
    Our xmas event should start in earnest Sunday morning. I'm making some content updates tonight that should have us ready to roll by then as well as fixing a couple of issues with items; the Tele set robe not showing properly and the crafted cloak immediately kicking people out of the game on equip, for starters.

A member of our core team, Captain Canada, is also making preparations to have a sort of learning boot camp we're calling Raccy University in the "biscord" channel. This will be a little corner of our world where interested parties can learn the basics of content creation for servers such as item/XML creation, proper implementation, balance theory, ect. and will be open to anyone who wants to learn provided they aren't disruptive in class. We hope this will encourage people who want to contribute to our community project to learn more about how to be of help or, better yet, inspire people to create their own unique worlds and expand the pserver community at large. You probably won't learn about how to set up and properly operate a server from start to finish but you should learn enough to be a valuable asset to those that do. We hope to have that in full swing before January.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mister_Raccoon For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Beex (12-05-2020),loideratsg (12-05-2020)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy

Red face Bugs

I'm playing the server and found some bugs
    Mainly from Mob spawn over what I'm killing
    and unbelievable kkkkk
    I really liked the server
    Continue with him the project will be very cool

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by loideratsg View Post
    I'm playing the server and found some bugs
    Mainly from Mob spawn over what I'm killing
    and unbelievable kkkkk
    I really liked the server
    Continue with him the project will be very cool
    Thanks for taking the time to check us out!
    Please don't be afraid to hit us up with more details about the bugs in our "biscord" server, which can be accessed from any of the image panels on the right hand side of the character select screen. We're aware of a few of the bugs already and we're squishing em as fast as we can.

Our boy Captain Canada has an ambitious new idea for our nexus going into 2021 so be sure to swing by and see what we're up to!

- - - Updated - - -

Our Xmas Event is now LIVE!
    Take on Mean Ol' Xmas Jack and the deliciously nefarious Dangerbread Men for a shot at earning limited run items, rare crafting mats (including a pre-crafted Pretendo Cartridge!!), boxes of win, and more! Dangerbread Men can be found roaming glands and have a small chance to drop the Cold Grave Key. Use this to enter the boss area and take on Jack. The key is also available in the merchant for a limited time.
    Materials and Raccy Runes sold by the merchant are now 50% off for a limited time.
    ((A word of caution... do not enter the Xmas Jack encounter alone...))

There are four tiers of Christmas Gifts in the game right now and each of the three lower tiers has a chance to grant a gift of the next highest tier as a possible reward. It is possible to get the lowest tier'd gift and, with a little luck, turn it into the highest tier'd gift in just a few clicks.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mister_Raccoon For This Useful Post:

loideratsg (12-06-2020)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Happenings in 2021
    Happy New Year folks!
    Sorry I ain't updated you guys recently. Through the holidays I was dealing with a few IRL inconveniences, such as moving to a new apartment and throwing my back out in the process. I've got some new info to share with you folks on our plans going into this new year.

We've had to put the Chess dungeon on the backburner for a while due to not really having much luck with behaviors.

Our Xmas event wrapped up nicely.

We have 3 new unique areas coming by the end of February with two of them premiering in about a week! One of them is a brand new dungeon complete with it's own tile sets, and the other is a unique reward area for players who participate in an off-server extra curricular activity.

Our port to 7.0 client is almost complete. When it launches we'll have our first and, hopefully, last database wipe.

Raccy University is no longer going to be a thing. We determined the (word that rhymes with biscord) chat isn't the best place to compile this information. You'll see plenty of aggregated tutorials and such appearing on realmdex in the future.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mister_Raccoon For This Useful Post:

debacjisa (02-04-2021)