Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Chatty
    Quote Originally Posted by Disguised View Post
    BTC was more as a POS of what a blockchain is and can do. And I truly think that a blockchain is the future, however I don't think the cryptocurrencies which also run on a blockchain are the future. But it might be a solid replacement for local banks.
    no it won't be a good replacement. So many flaws that so many people fail to realise. What happens when you die? What happens when you get hacked? Why should I pay anything fees every time I buy something when I can pay $0 with visa or MasterCard? What happens if someone finds my secret key? What happens if I am at the store, wanting to pay for my groceries and I have to stand there for 5-60 minutes for my transaction to confirm? What happens if I forget to bring my wallet? I always keep $20 in cash on the back of my phone case or in my car. If I lose $20, idc, if I lose my wallet, I am worried af
    Last edited by Allura; 12-29-2020 at 04:38 PM.
    I barely use MPGH IM, Send me a private message to reach me faster!
    Also I currently don't sell anything!

DD/MM/YYYY
    Joined MPGH: 07/02/2017
    Premium: 08/02/2017 - ∞
    Newsforce (HOTW): 07/06/2017 - ∞
    Publicist: 06/11/2017 - 12/04/2018
    Minion (Minecraft): 23/12/2017 - ∞
    Minion (Cryptocurrency Talks): 01/05/2018 - ∞

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Allura For This Useful Post:

Luverdark (12-30-2020)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Allura View Post
    no it won't be a good replacement. So many flaws that so many people fail to realise. What happens when you die? What happens when you get hacked? Why should I pay anything fees every time I buy something when I can pay $0 with visa or MasterCard? What happens if someone finds my secret key? What happens if I am at the store, wanting to pay for my groceries and I have to stand there for 5-60 minutes for my transaction to confirm? What happens if I forget to bring my wallet? I always keep $20 in cash on the back of my phone case or in my car. If I lose $20, idc, if I lose my wallet, I am worried af

I get your point. But out of all the terms you mentioned only one is true: and that is when someone gets my 10 phrase key.
    There are multiple currencies which are not based on "network fees" but still are working on a blockchain, and they are faster than your usual bank transaction and can handle way more payments at the same time than current banking systems can. I am not saying I support it to replace it, but if it does: it only has benefits.

Just imagine it from another standpoint: You still pay with your creditcard (or debit card, whatever) but back end everything is running decentralized and faster and more reliable, that's something, as of now, is only possible due to blockchain technology. It's about the blockchain technology, and not about the coin. So the "wallet" is not what I am referring to, more like a decentralized banking experience.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Chatty
    Crypto is not going anywhere anytime soon, but...
    Bitcoin for retirement, it's a no.
    Buying now its an headshot, speculation exist, it was a must when on 3k, now dont do it, because it going to fall hard.
    BTC grows with "darknet" business and anonymous label, if they loose that, its crash overnight.
    Last edited by discave; 12-30-2020 at 11:24 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    idk, never been fan of crypto currencies. They are extremely inefficient, EXTREMELY. The transactions can take hours. There is no insurance. There are no regulations. (one could argue this is a good thing, I will not) Scammers are everywhere. Extremely difficult to trace.

Money is everything. If you get in a position where you cannot be audited. Where fraud is the norm. I certainly cannot see any future in this.

Maybe if a crypto currency can overcome the majority of these issues, it will go somewhere. But otherwise I really cannot see it going anywhere.
    Click Here to visit the official MPGH wiki! Keep up with the latest news and information on games and MPGH! To check out pages dedicated to games, see the links below!

dd/mm/yyyy
    Member - 31/01/2015
    Premium - 12/09/2016
    Call of Duty minion - 05/11/2016 - 05/11/2019
    BattleOn minion - 28/02/2017 - 05/11/2019
    Battlefield minion - 30/05/2017 - 05/11/2019
    Other Semi-Popular First Person Shooter Hacks minion - 21/09/2017 - 17/09/2019
    Publicist - 07/11/2017 - 02/08/2018
    Cock Sucker - 01/12/2017 - Unknown
    Minion+ - 06/03/2018 - 05/11/2019
    Fortnite minion - 08/05/2018 - 05/11/2019
    Head Publicist - 08/10/2018 - 10/01/2020
    Developer Team - 26/10/2019 - 10/01/2020
    Former Staff - 10/01/2020

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

Up

Think it's gonna hit at least 50k ngl

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    Bitcoin has no real world value. The data is meaningless and worthless. It's all gambling and speculating value based on that.
    The most honest answer.
    Anything can PM me. I'm from Malaysia.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Luverdark View Post
    IMO the issue with crypto is that it's supposed to be used a currency.

Currently 80% the world uses it as an investment tool, and another 15% to buy drugs with it.

Literally nobody uses bitcoin for the normal transactions it should be used for.
    BTC is used what it's meant for... yes. people use it for investing. but more people use it to send and receive payments.. as well as holding it because why the fuck would you want to hold it in a bank with shit interest rates.

Quote Originally Posted by discave View Post

BTC grows with "darknet" business and anonymous label, if they loose that, its crash overnight.
    But they will never lose that. lol?

More and more people and companies now accept bitcoin purely because it's much better than accepting any other payment options. Bitcoin will survive without the dark net. even though the darknet will NEVER go away and it's just going to keep getting bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent View Post
    Maybe if a crypto currency can overcome the majority of these issues, it will go somewhere. But otherwise I really cannot see it going anywhere.
    Alt coins
    Last edited by Dr. Dre; 12-31-2020 at 08:44 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Chatty
    Quote Originally Posted by Disguised View Post
    I get your point. But out of all the terms you mentioned only one is true: and that is when someone gets my 10 phrase key.
    There are multiple currencies which are not based on "network fees" but still are working on a blockchain, and they are faster than your usual bank transaction and can handle way more payments at the same time than current banking systems can. I am not saying I support it to replace it, but if it does: it only has benefits.

Just imagine it from another standpoint: You still pay with your creditcard (or debit card, whatever) but back end everything is running decentralized and faster and more reliable, that's something, as of now, is only possible due to blockchain technology. It's about the blockchain technology, and not about the coin. So the "wallet" is not what I am referring to, more like a decentralized banking experience.
    As a customer (not a crypto nerd) all these back end things don't actually matter. Think about the average Joe buying a phone or a computer. I only met people who buy laptops based on its look. Only hard core gamers and comp nerds care about stats. As long as the speed feels reasonable (which I believe most people feel tapping your card to pay, and getting the approved message time length is reasonable), the customer could literally care less.

Once you've been in crypto for a decade, you'll see how useless it is, with the exception of all the anonymity (which lets you gamble/buy things without age restrictions) and all its pump and dumps. Trust me, everything you say, I once believed too. I bet you, somewhere on MPGH I probably wrote the same thing. Its been over 12 years and it still hasn't proven itself to be a currency. I literally remember a phase everyone saying it will replace money. Then once the post-2017 dump happened, everyone saying it will replace gold
    I barely use MPGH IM, Send me a private message to reach me faster!
    Also I currently don't sell anything!

DD/MM/YYYY
    Joined MPGH: 07/02/2017
    Premium: 08/02/2017 - ∞
    Newsforce (HOTW): 07/06/2017 - ∞
    Publicist: 06/11/2017 - 12/04/2018
    Minion (Minecraft): 23/12/2017 - ∞
    Minion (Cryptocurrency Talks): 01/05/2018 - ∞

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Allura For This Useful Post:

discave (01-04-2021)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    35k eeeeeeeeek

THE EYE OF AN ADMINISTRATOR IS UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO IM GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE IM GONNA BE

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you lose.” - Dave84311

HAVING VIRTUAL DETOX

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Bitcoin is losing all it's anonimity as wallets (online) require ID verification it's become really lame

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    35k eeeeeeeeek
    I bet you feel dumb now huh. I been telling everyone to GO BALLS IN ON BITCOIN.

Totally not going back on my opinion from the last few years....e.e

Bitcoin gay.
    Previous Names

Zavior
    Xavier
    Eternity
    Azathoth
    Eternity (again)
    Add me on IM

Please press +Rep or Thanks if you find my work or found something I said helpful

"Endless Void."

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternity View Post

I bet you feel dumb now huh. I been telling everyone to GO BALLS IN ON BITCOIN.

Totally not going back on my opinion from the last few years....e.e

Bitcoin gay.
    nah i dont feel dumb
    you can bet money on anything
    i know people who bought in at a buy at dumb price and became bag holders until recently
    its gambling
    who knows when the bottom end will drop out
    all it takes is one whale to dump their cash out now and everyone will start panic selling

THE EYE OF AN ADMINISTRATOR IS UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO IM GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE IM GONNA BE

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you lose.” - Dave84311

HAVING VIRTUAL DETOX

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Dave84311 For This Useful Post:

discave (01-04-2021)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Chatty
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dre View Post
    But they will never lose that. lol?
    They will. More and more exchange companies are getting ID to exchange BTC. And BTC only works if you have exchange, the coin itself dont worth anything.
    Not even talking in exchange fees and bla, bla.
    And Crypto cant be on the real market, you can see online market, but not on real.
    You cant sell a car worth 30k at 11am, going lunch and at 14pm lose all your money, because btc fall into 2k, thats not how economy can work, not trusty.
    You see people making business with BTC, but BTC in not the business, exchange is.
    Last edited by discave; 01-04-2021 at 02:03 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by discave View Post
    They will. More and more exchange companies are getting ID to exchange BTC. And BTC only works if you have exchange, the coin itself dont worth anything.
    Not even talking in exchange fees and bla, bla.
    And Crypto cant be on the real market, you can see online market, but not on real.
    You cant sell a car worth 30k at 11am, going lunch and at 14pm lose all your money, because btc fall into 2k, thats not how economy can work, not trusty.
    You see people making business with BTC, but BTC in not the business, exchange is.
    But if businesses are accepting it, then they obviously understand the concept of it and know its not a short term thing.

We also won't lose the darkweb because everyone selling on the darkweb are already money laundering successfully despite kyc and all that.

all it takes is one whale to dump their cash out now and everyone will start panic selling
    Exactly. that's why you go balls deep in alts* instead
    Last edited by Dr. Dre; 01-07-2021 at 07:52 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dre View Post
    But if businesses are accepting it, then they obviously understand the concept of it and know its not a short term thing.

We also won't lose the darkweb because everyone selling on the darkweb are already money laundering successfully despite kyc and all that.

Exactly. that's why you go balls deep in alts* instead
    the same thing is going to happen as the past

BTC and alts hit historic highs
    retards buy in at highs
    people cash out
    BTC and alts fall
    bag holders until they need to sell at a loss
    rinse repeat

HAVING VIRTUAL DETOX

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast