Thanks

Need help / tips

I saw inspiration from people using photoshop to edit their pictures of figures & dolls, so I started photoshop and photo editing 4-6 days ago. I messed around with tools and tried to do things. I need to improve so I would like tips on what could or should be done to make it look better/believable or fix up the issues. Thank you in advance for any help.

Photo #1 - Used Photoshop elements 7- I wanted to learn how to change backgrounds, deleting the old background, make her pink thing glow like neon color, make her eye shiny, and other misc stuff. Another big one was light source. Using a light source and changing it's direction to make it look like the top right light is shining on her. A huge problem I had the most difficult time with was the hair. It took me a really long time to try and keep her messy hair out, but the light from the original image blended too hard with the hair, so i ended up shaving off all the messy hair.

Photo #2 - used Adobe Photoshop 2020- My goal for this photo was to learn to blend background color to the original taken photo, as well as the blur and to blend colors of multiple images into one as if I never spliced any together as if I really took a photo from real life. One accomplishment I finally figured out was doing snow, and it felt great that I finally got it after exploring with tools for a really, really long time (about 7 hours). A big problem is the blur distance, and same for the thrown snowball, and the angles of the snow that should be flying from Rem's (blue hair doll on far right) arm because of the throwing motion. Another problem was once again the light source from the background like Photo #1. I had to chop up a hair and then the Poly-Fills because the original image's background made the edge of the poly-fill's color change significantly. Another is, should Emilia be blurred as well? And one big question- Is there too many things going on in the photo? I was thinking of not even adding Emilia, since the central focus should had been Rem and Ram ( Red and Blue hair doll).

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails
    instass.jpg  

Last edited by Alischiell; 01-05-2021 at 01:55 AM. Reason: Learned how to upload images semi correctly
    Add me on IM

Vouch thread https://www.mpgh.net/forum/showthrea...74#post9529974 Every trade will be posted here, or in my threads i bump.

Thanks
    Photo edit #2, removed Emilia, and fixed a lot of errors that I spotted. Somehow, earlier i messed up and dragged the photo of rem and ram and emilia to the right, so the snow on them is off by a bit, but I have fixed it in this new image. I changed some stuff so hopefully it looks better.

Add me on IM

Vouch thread https://www.mpgh.net/forum/showthrea...74#post9529974 Every trade will be posted here, or in my threads i bump.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Shocked

ooh soo niceeeeee

this is nice. i really like it. compliments

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Really its amazing

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed