Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    $15 minimum wage?!??! thats $19 for a cashier job just to scan groceries. minimum wage here is only $14 an hour

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Most people do not even realize that whatever a employee's wage is at, is not the actual wage a employer pays...

Example (in some states) employee wage 15.00, plus for every 1,000.00 an employee makes workman's comp charges 120 to 150.00 average.Workman's comp is mandatory in some states and in some states you can opt out. I have seen some companies pay 200 per 1, 000.00.

Employer has to pay/match social security, (most people dont even know this) you pay social security and so does your employer they match the same amount you pay.

Insurance liability per employee, also 1 to 2 even up to 5.00 an hour per employee for payroll costs per hour for employee paychecks, (it is a lot more than 1 or 2 dollars with ADP payroll, ADP is the most expensive) it is also quite a lot per hour for companies with less than 100 employees.

We are not even adding in medical, and I know I am missing some other mandatory employee related fees.

In the end an employee that receives X amount per hour doesn't realize add 3 to 5 dollars an hour in costs you do not see. So that raises your hourly wage to...

A employer also has to add in costs of managers and supervisors to babysit.

Lastly employee's,some people in general and even right here in this post will say 'well you shouldn't be in business if you cannot afford' the problem with that is in a perfect world it would be great to go out in the world and charge whatever you want/feel like for your services however this is usually 'NOT' the case.

Most businesses need to stay competitive and/or go with what the average rate is-in their market area and what everyone else is charging. Granted if your good you can charge a premium but it is usually never the sky is the limit so to speak.

Paying 15.00 and hour basically put costs at least 20- 22 dollars an hour and for some types of businesses that can only charge average or fair market it is unrealistic.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and one last thing paying 15.00 an hour and the employee thinks they are winning it is not so. Because everything will increase in price 10 fold. When everything increases that 15.00 an hour will basically be exactly like the 10 or 12 an hour you used to make.

If you could raise the min. wage and force the market to not raise prices on everything then that would be great but that will never happen.
    Last edited by gowent4; 01-25-2021 at 02:42 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to gowent4 For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Dave84311 (02-03-2021)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    I can't really get behind the 'you shouldn't have a business you can't afford' idea because most people in the US have things they can't afford. i.e. people who are living paycheck to paycheck telling the people WHO PAY THEM what they should and shouldn't be doing. Not everybody is a rich business owner and many people own failing businesses. Its not right, but its the equivalent of non business owners being behind on their bills. Nobody WANTS to not be able to pay their workers, own a failing business, or be behind on their bills.
    Last edited by pinkcow6661; 01-25-2021 at 04:26 PM.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pinkcow6661 For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Dave84311 (02-03-2021),[MPGH]Luke420 (02-03-2021),Matthew (02-03-2021)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jov View Post
    Yeah i deal w pensions/ iRA
    I'll have my own firm one day hopefully if things go well, how is it? was going back and forth between accounting firm or a law firm, haven't made my mind up yet.

Thanks
    He obviously doesn't realise how bad America's debt is lmao

Thanks

15hr

my sister in rural Mt will now have to increase her prices to her customers at her daycare to pay for the increase

I'll live forever and ever with Lee Mijoo
    Thanks
    tho i think raising the wage in pandemic is not the right moment. I do believe it'll be better once this pandemic and everything is rolled back as if it's beginning of 2020.
    Honeslty 15$/h is livable wage . i remember getting only paid 12CAD an hour and shit got me so fucking depressed and I had to deal physically and emotionally. Not only that but 12CAD aint gonna go far in life. i don't know tho , it's probably different over there

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cold
    Minimum wage in Canada isn't even that high and the cost of living is way the fuck higher, if Joe Biden does 15$ a hour you will notice the cost of real estate go up the cost of food go up, a ton of small business's will in fact close I've lived this shit it does not fix anything, what would fix things is moving more and more things back to Usa just like Canada should do we all rely on other country's way to much.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Luke420 For This Useful Post:

Matthew (02-03-2021)

Thanks
    15$ an hour is going to fuck with alot of businesses. I hate that the COL of so high right now but I dont think raising minimum wage is the solution to it.

Thanks
    2$ an hour in Palestine. lol.

Thanks
    I feel like there's some major misconception here about raising minimum wage = raising price of everything. You give some poor fucks an increase in wage, and that shit go right back into the economy. You give tax break to the rich , and they have that shit offshored elsewhere. Little Timmy making $15 an hour ain't gonna stash that shit. He's gonna go out and spend it on food, movies, weed and condoms. Oh shit, maybe that guy living paycheck to paycheck would actually have a nice dinner at a restaurant for once and able to pay rent on time. Those local businesses would get an INCREASE overall from an INCREASE wages. Even if the price increase, I don't mind paying an extra $0.23 for a burger if that could give everyone a livable wage.

Thanks
    Can some of you fucks stop typing the $ after the number, it's $20, not 20$.
    Former BattleOn Minion

If you cannot run trainers please see this thread: https://www.mpgh.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1170564

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Dab For This Useful Post:

Matthew (02-03-2021)

Thanks
    I feel like many of the areas with low costs of living will suffer. Sooo many people are gonna lose their job so the $15/hr might not be as good as it may seem

Thanks
    I don�t even work right now and I understand that this is big. I just hope he continues to make good decisions in favor of American citizens

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Amazon's Jeff Bezos has been pushing $15 for a very long time with his lobbyist.. and there is a very good reason for that it'll knock out alot of small businesses, and cut alot of his competitors.

Think about it how many jobs does Amazon really have that pays $15 an hour? so many of Amazons jobs are done with robots, and his low cost jobs such as chat representatives guess where their from... India/Philipines/Etc cause they cost only a couple dollars an hour..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast