Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I got ants in my butt, and I needs to strut.
    Premium Seller
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Trusted
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking

15 dollars an hour GOD BLESS BIDEN

15 dollars an hour would force small businesses to close and reduce hours from full time to part time. I would respectively like to listen to why you think it wouldn't.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    If you can't afford to pay your employees then you can't afford to run a business in the first place. Exploiting your employees for their labor should never be a prerequisite. Same thing with tipping, fuck you, pay your employees. Literally have absolutely zero pity for any business, big or small that cries about paying their employees a wage they can live off of. Everybody has a role in society, and some people's role is working at McDonald's. Someone has to do it, and the fact that we've collectively decided that even though you're fulfilling a necessary role in the world that you are not worthy of survival is evil unto itself. The best idea I've ever heard from an American politician was Bernie's "give companies a monthly fine for the difference between their wage and the threshold for public assistance". I pay taxes, and some of those taxes go to feed and house people. I'm not mad that those taxes are helping people, I'm mad that although they're working full-time that they need help at all.
    Last edited by Aborted; 01-24-2021 at 05:43 AM.
    You were seeking strength, justice, splendour.
    You were seeking love.
    Here is the pit, here is your pit.
    Its name is Silence..

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aborted For This Useful Post:

DJEZ0103 (02-22-2021),[MPGH]Flengo (01-24-2021),[MPGH]meme (01-24-2021),Yemiez (03-22-2021)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hot
    Bruh minimum wage in Spain is only 6.50 euros

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Bruh minimum wage in India is $3

Thanks
    I think wage should equal the skill level of the job, $15/hr to flip a burger is quite crazy imo. I go to college to get a good job but if I could easily make that why even go then? Higher minimum wage in my eyes will decrease the value of the college degree when you can easily get a high wage job before you are out of high school

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    While I agree people should get paid more, in reality it will just create more problems.

Automatically paying everyone $15 WHEN YOU GOT NO SKILLS TO BACK IS FUCKING RETARDED. Pay should be directly proportional to responsibilities and skill.

If wages are increased from $8-$12 to $15, I guarantee that capitalism will do its thing - people will have more money, demand will go up for everything, and prices will increase. Food prices soared during coronavirus and big companies got richer. Mandated pay increases will hurt small businesses and likewise jobs will disappear and likely be automated. As a small business owner I would cut down on hours and only look for people that would truly work for their $15.

If pay is going to be mandated, rent should be mandated, food cost should be mandated, everything should be mandated.

THE EYE OF AN ADMINISTRATOR IS UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO IM GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE IM GONNA BE

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you lose.” - Dave84311

HAVING VIRTUAL DETOX

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave84311 For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Flengo (01-24-2021),Matthew (01-24-2021),[MPGH]Psychotic (02-17-2021)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    I always get insulted when I say this, but people nowadays rarely have any skill worthy of high wages. To them, learning Microsoft office is the height of "skills" while demanding high wages like they are not replaceable in less than an hour.

Although securing them enough money to pay off debts and the like is important, I find that the US should be focusing more on the long-term; spending habits and education. Take for example the stimulus checks, most if not all the people I know spent it on either a new phone or GPU, even though they had debts elsewhere. Not a single one invested in stock and thought of doubling, or tripling that amount while prices were down.

It is basic economics though. Businesses will employ less, prices will increase, available jobs will decrease. Applying a higher minimum wage system at this point is stupid, because the economy is suffering enough as is. Asking a small business to recover from those loses, while paying higher wages is plain out dumb, and it will take years to recover.
    When implemented, the government will have to use rent control, amongst other price controls or else it will be meaningless inflation.
    Last edited by Mayion; 01-24-2021 at 10:13 AM.
    I do not use any type of messenger outside of MPGH.
    Inactive but you can reach me through VM/PM.

Donator - 30 August 2013
    Battlefield Minion - 26 October 2013

Blackshot Minion - 14 January 2014/16 September 2014
    Minecraft Minion - 7 February 2014/16 September 2014
    WarRock Minion - 23 February 2014
    League of Legends Minion - 21 March 2014

Minion+ - 15 May 2014
    Other Semi-Popular First Person Shooter Minion - 8 August 2014
    CrossFire Minion - 23 October 2014
    Programming Section Minion - 13 November 2014
    Marketplace Minion - 7 December 2014

Official Middleman - 7 December 2014 - 27 June 2015
    Moderator - 29 December 2014
    Project Blackout Minion - 10 January 2015
    News Force Interviewer - January 2015
    Steam Games Minion - 21 March 2015
    Dragon Nest Minion - 31 March 2015
    Publicist - April 2015 - 21 September 2015
    Global Moderator - 25 August 2015
    Super User - 13 August 2016

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    While I agree people should get paid more, in reality it will just create more problems.

Automatically paying everyone $15 WHEN YOU GOT NO SKILLS TO BACK IS FUCKING RETARDED. Pay should be directly proportional to responsibilities and skill.

If wages are increased from $8-$12 to $15, I guarantee that capitalism will do its thing - people will have more money, demand will go up for everything, and prices will increase. Food prices soared during coronavirus and big companies got richer. Mandated pay increases will hurt small businesses and likewise jobs will disappear and likely be automated. As a small business owner I would cut down on hours and only look for people that would truly work for their $15.

If pay is going to be mandated, rent should be mandated, food cost should be mandated, everything should be mandated.
    Im not paying 16 yr old timmy 15 dollars a hr for part time work niggas have no idea how much payroll even costs, and is taxed i simply cant afford to hire a janitor for 15 dollars a hour when my CPA, auditors, and staff are being paid competitively at 17-50 a hr shit is ridiculous 1/3 of my revenue if not more is directed to my staff already and 1/3 is taxed, that leaves nada for me to reinvest or to keep

- - - Updated - - -

Not to mention fucking contractors god, this shit actually hurts everyone. Ive put so much money into every business, I had to plan everything including wages, while still being competitive, I have to comply to every law under the sun the IRS owns me, the state taxes are ridiculous not to mention mandated health care I must provide as benefits, and I am a sole prop most times so Im left with everything, the liability the debt the payroll the anxious customers, and the stupid shit that happens when you hire lackluster employees, I.E lawsuits, delegations and fucking arbitration, its awesome that everyone gets a pay increase like good for you, but like dave said u didnt earn it, my starting job was 17 a hr and thats because i was OVERqualified, if anyone can make 15/hr then I better be getting my money back w increased customer spending, but yet again just cause they make more dont mean they will spend more with you

THE EYES OF THE DAVESTAPO ARE UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO WE ARE GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE WE GONNA BE

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    this will just speed up automation which is a good thing, people need money to live but it should be up to society/gov to provide it... not businesses. trump checks aren't going to end, we're just gonna move to a UBI world

BRING BACK BT, BRING BACK SAGA, BRING BACK VF, BRING BACK MPGHCRAFT, BRING BACK HABAMON

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Automation baby lets fucking go. Fuck humans. Low pay jobs are going to be gone. Flipping burgers, taking cash, warehouse jobs (yes there is still a way to go but not that much), delivery, trucking, administration. I am not kidding, the next generation after gen z will have it bad (not that gen z is having it easy).
    Previous Names

Zavior
    Xavier
    Eternity
    Azathoth
    Eternity (again)
    Add me on IM

Please press +Rep or Thanks if you find my work or found something I said helpful

"Endless Void."

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jov View Post
    Im not paying 16 yr old timmy 15 dollars a hr for part time work niggas have no idea how much payroll even costs, and is taxed i simply cant afford to hire a janitor for 15 dollars a hour when my CPA, auditors, and staff are being paid competitively at 17-50 a hr shit is ridiculous 1/3 of my revenue if not more is directed to my staff already and 1/3 is taxed, that leaves nada for me to reinvest or to keep

- - - Updated - - -

Not to mention fucking contractors god, this shit actually hurts everyone. Ive put so much money into every business, I had to plan everything including wages, while still being competitive, I have to comply to every law under the sun the IRS owns me, the state taxes are ridiculous not to mention mandated health care I must provide as benefits, and I am a sole prop most times so Im left with everything, the liability the debt the payroll the anxious customers, and the stupid shit that happens when you hire lackluster employees, I.E lawsuits, delegations and fucking arbitration, its awesome that everyone gets a pay increase like good for you, but like dave said u didnt earn it, my starting job was 17 a hr and thats because i was OVERqualified, if anyone can make 15/hr then I better be getting my money back w increased customer spending, but yet again just cause they make more dont mean they will spend more with you
    You run an accounting/law firm?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Here in greece 3~8 euros is normal and above 10 is “rich”...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Scared
    a ton of states are already pushing legalization for recreational weed and decriminalizing psychedelics (3 states this year ALREADY)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    All increased per hour wage is going to do is make the big box stores reduce their number of staff working at a single time and it's going to fuck over small businesses.

Here's a grade 3 math question for any tard that disagrees

Q:

You have a relatively small business, you've built it from just yourself to 15 employees. You're proud of what you've accomplished.

If you have 15 full time employees and they all work 8 hours a day 5 days a week, and you pay them $14 an hour for 8 hours a day your base labour cost is $1680. If your business makes roughly $2000 a day you're left with about $320 in rough net profit, if there's 31 days in a month you're only profiting $9920 a month. Now imagine what the property tax, and all the insurances required for your buildings/products and maybe health insurance for your employees will be.

Now if you have 15 employees and the govt makes you pay them $15 an hour for 8 hours a day, that's costing you an extra $120 a day reducing your rough net income for the month to $6200.

That $1 increase in per hour minimum wage labour per month is $3720, about the same as paying 1 employee for 6 weeks worth of work which would be $3600.

Taking those differences into consideration, how and why the fuck should the rising cost of living be the burden of employers?

A:

It shouldn't. The rising cost of living can be directly correlated to increased property tax without proper statutes ensuring the cost of living remains affordable for those residing in rental properties (because most people rent). Blame your politicians for making the poor stay poor, don't congratulate them either when they want to increase wages. The increased wage just means there's more to pay in tax and big companies will up their prices to compensate for the increased labour cost.

Full time employees become part time employees and benefits get cut/reduced for employees. The hourly wage worker does not profit from increased minimum wage in the long term.
    Last edited by Austin; 01-24-2021 at 04:05 PM.

VIP Support // May 2011
    CF Minion // January 2012
    Newsforce // August 2012
    Minion+ // March 2013
    Moderator // August 2014
    Former Staff // January 2015
    General Minion // July 2015
    Publicist // December 2015

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Austin For This Useful Post:

pinkcow6661 (01-25-2021),[MPGH]Psychotic (02-17-2021)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gangster08 View Post
    You run an accounting/law firm?
    Yeah i deal w pensions/ iRA

THE EYES OF THE DAVESTAPO ARE UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO WE ARE GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE WE GONNA BE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast